• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[LTTP] No Man's Sky - what do I need to know?

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
I happened to build my submarine base last week in an area with no Cyto-Phosphate plants nearby, so I may still be a bit sore over that. Also, mining Cyto-Phosphate bearing plants seems to produce those Abyssal Jellyfish.
I think the abyssal jellyfish are random from mining any underwater object? But in any case, they're easy to avoid by just hopping out of the water.

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
What's the best way to get anti-matter. I haven't found any to buy in either of the space stations I've been to, nor at any of the trading posts. Now that I've finally gotten my hyperdrive, I'm reluctant to warp around too much without a way to refuel.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
What's the best way to get anti-matter. I haven't found any to buy in either of the space stations I've been to, nor at any of the trading posts. Now that I've finally gotten my hyperdrive, I'm reluctant to warp around too much without a way to refuel.
There's also a recipe for antimatter: Chromatic Metal x25 + Condensed Carbon x20. If I recall, you start out making your own and then encounter enough of it that you don't have to bother again.

This is a pretty helpful site when you want to know how things are made: https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
There's also a recipe for antimatter: Chromatic Metal x25 + Condensed Carbon x20. If I recall, you start out making your own and then encounter enough of it that you don't have to bother again.

This is a pretty helpful site when you want to know how things are made: https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki
Is that a portable refiner recipe? I haven't found a multi-slot one yet.

Rainbow Trenchcoat

Social Justice Cleric
Validated User
Not if it's more than one thing being refined. You should have gotten an antimatter quest chain that taught you how to make the stuff in your inventory- you'll need various resources, but it's not a refining necessary thing.

JediSoth

ENnies Staff
Validated User
Not if it's more than one thing being refined. You should have gotten an antimatter quest chain that taught you how to make the stuff in your inventory- you'll need various resources, but it's not a refining necessary thing.
I found it. I'm slowly learning to trust the game's Awakenings Quest Line.

I don't know why I thought that the game would be hardcore enough to just leave me stranded somewhere when I'm still learning the ropes.

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I found it. I'm slowly learning to trust the game's Awakenings Quest Line.

I don't know why I thought that the game would be hardcore enough to just leave me stranded somewhere when I'm still learning the ropes.
In your defense, early on in the game's release cycle that Awakenings quest line could be broken as shit.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
Antimatter is easy to make, but also remember that if you get stranded in the wrong system, you can always jump back to somewhere more useful using the portals in space stations. Also if you're using an explorer-class starship the warp drive is more efficient, I think.

But that said, I have yet to find a system that didn't have the necessary ingredients to just, make antimatter.

KaijuGooGoo

Slippery Sloping Kaiju
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Once you get a V1 Atlas Pass, you will pick up antimatter in a lot of cylinders, which you can use with antimatter storage containers (some of which you will find as well, but aren't hard to make) to make Warp Fuel.

Top Bottom