• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[LTTP] No Man's Sky - what do I need to know?

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
My worst haul yet for a frigate mission was the other day; 215 units and no resources.
Whoa that's abysmal. Was the whole mission aborted early? Are you sending enough frigates of the right kind on each mission?

I send frigates on all available missions each day that I am able, and maybe 1-2 frigates come back with any damage, if even that (out of at least 20 or so that I am sending out in total), they never abort the mission and come home early, and I almost always net at least a million units plus high-value resources which I immediately sell.

I have to imagine that we are doing something differently.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Whoa that's abysmal. Was the whole mission aborted early? Are you sending enough frigates of the right kind on each mission?

I send frigates on all available missions each day that I am able, and maybe 1-2 frigates come back with any damage, if even that (out of at least 20 or so that I am sending out in total), they never abort the mission and come home early, and I almost always net at least a million units plus high-value resources which I immediately sell.

I have to imagine that we are doing something differently.
Yeah, I'm not sending nearly that many out on any one mission so I'll bet you that's the key.

On the other hand, I had a mission come back where I earned 215 units and a bunch of high value resources (nearly a mil?). :)

The best haul recently was when I scored three Fusion Accelerants which go for 1.5mil a piece. Instead of just selling them quickly I hit the wiki and discovered that when you add a simple to manufacture ingredient, you make Portable Reactors, which are worth 4.2mil a pop. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go thru the crafting trouble of building Fusion Ignitors out of them to score something like 18mil a piece. :cool:

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
Yeah, I'm not sending nearly that many out on any one mission so I'll bet you that's the key.

On the other hand, I had a mission come back where I earned 215 units and a bunch of high value resources (nearly a mil?). :)

The best haul recently was when I scored three Fusion Accelerants which go for 1.5mil a piece. Instead of just selling them quickly I hit the wiki and discovered that when you add a simple to manufacture ingredient, you make Portable Reactors, which are worth 4.2mil a pop. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go thru the crafting trouble of building Fusion Ignitors out of them to score something like 18mil a piece. :cool:
Huh, now that's interesting. I should probably pay more attention and look stuff up instead of just turning around and dump everything via my trade terminal on my freighter.

What I really need is a better freighter.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh, now that's interesting. I should probably pay more attention and look stuff up instead of just turning around and dump everything via my trade terminal on my freighter.

What I really need is a better freighter.
They gain experience per encounter, so one approach is to find a long one-star mission, and make a fleet of inexperienced ships that can still add up to at least 2 stars.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
I found a Class A freighter with 34 inventory slots yesterday. I think that's going to be good enough for me, as I am not sure how much I want to grind for that S Class/36-slot.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I found a Class A freighter with 34 inventory slots yesterday. I think that's going to be good enough for me, as I am not sure how much I want to grind for that S Class/36-slot.
I got lucky when I decided "this is the time I'm going to keep reloading the Freighter Fight until I get what I want" and got it on the third try, but waiting for S class anything can be a grind. For an S class multitool and a Squid Exotic, I broke down and used portal codes to go to systems where they had been found.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
I got lucky when I decided "this is the time I'm going to keep reloading the Freighter Fight until I get what I want" and got it on the third try, but waiting for S class anything can be a grind. For an S class multitool and a Squid Exotic, I broke down and used portal codes to go to systems where they had been found.
Oh hey everyone if you upgrade any piece of equipment, make sure you completely disassemble everything on the old one and take the raw materials with you. I had done a lot of work on my C-Class 30-slot freighter so I disassembled and took literally everything with me to rebuild on my new one.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
I finally hit my self imposed goal of earning 1 billion units last night. Now I'm back to exploring the galaxy. Speaking of which . . .

Has anyone come across calcishrooms before? The NMS Wiki is amazingly opaque on the subject. (At least to me).

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
I finally hit my self imposed goal of earning 1 billion units last night. Now I'm back to exploring the galaxy. Speaking of which . . .

Has anyone come across calcishrooms before? The NMS Wiki is amazingly opaque on the subject. (At least to me).
No, but I have found Ossified Stars, Rattle Spines and Capillary Shells, which are the same category of weird crap you pick up on the surface of an exotic biome. I'm pretty sure they're just like trophies you can put in your base to look cool and show off. They're not valuable and they don't do anything.

Top Bottom