• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[LTTP] No Man's Sky - what do I need to know?

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Protip: Do not launch a plasma grenade into a structure and immediately rush into it. While the grenade is still bouncing around. That led to death number 12x . . .

(I fired one too many grenades at a reinforced door and then ran in to evade Sentinels).

I'm pretty sure I completed Artemis a while back but never went any farther with Atlas except for a recent visit to Polo and Nada to see if anything had changed with them. My understanding of what comes after Atlas . . . makes me unsure I want to pursue that path to completion.

I think my dearest wish for the game is customized starships that you can build from the ground up.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
Protip: Do not launch a plasma grenade into a structure and immediately rush into it. While the grenade is still bouncing around. That led to death number 12x . . .
I have definitely accidentally killed myself with plasma grenades probably twice as much as all other causes of death combined.

I'm pretty sure I completed Artemis a while back
You would know for sure if you completed the Artemis path.

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but do we have any idea when the Beyond update is dropping?

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Here's a little tip. If you're coming in for a landing at a minor settlement and there's already a ship on the pad, just land anyway a little offset from the other ship. Wander away and when you come back your ship will be the only one there and it will have been turned around to face the building. That way you get the free takeoff fuel.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think they have a Beyond build that's undergoing last phase QC before going live

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
As in, sorta boring gently rolling hills and not much else? Seems like it, to my chagrin.
Rolling bordering on steepish at times. The only truly "flat planets" seem to be the junk ones where there's nothing and small islands in pretty big seas.

Top Bottom