Lulu continues to amaze me . . .

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My copy of Push arrived today and even though I won't get to read it until tomorrow I'm once again impressed with the physical aspects of the book.

Lulu really is making it easy for publishers to release books. Hopefully we'll see a few of the "bigger" publishers take notice of the site and use it to keep stuff in print (for example, pretty much every Palladium book could be printed by Lulu and look identical to what's in stores . . . might be a way for them to keep some older stuff available without going through the pain of an offset reprint).

EDIT: Push is here http://www.lulu.com/content/358214

Last edited:

Brad J. Murray

VSCA
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My copy of Push arrived today and even though I won't get to read it until tomorrow I'm once again impressed with the physical aspects of the book.
I am hoping to be impressed by Lulu but I'm still waiting for my delivery. I hope the whole "Canada" thing hasn't stumped them.

Brad J. Murray

VSCA
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Has it been long? Most of my orders take one to two weeks.
17 days and counting. 14 days since the "it has shipped" note, so their time from order to claiming to ship is pretty fast considering the do all the production. USPS rarely takes longer than a week to get to me though, so I am now terrified that they have elected to use UPS instead, which will take longer and cost me thirty extra bucks in "brokerage" fees.

I've done the whole lulu.com Canada thing. And I would do it again. Mostly because you can get free shipping through them. A huge bonus in my books. Mine arrived rather quickly though, but it's been over year and things may have changed. I was more impressed by them then indie press revolution, I've been considering getting a few things from them in the next couple months

Silverlion

Banned
My copies of Truth & Justice (bought from RPGNow but from Lulu) is sweet indeed.

But not as sweet as the hardback dust jacketed H&S..MINE ALL MINE

philreed

Unwanted Commentator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
But not as sweet as the hardback dust jacketed H&S..MINE ALL MINE
I just took advantage of that option to offer a dust jacketed hardcover of vs. Monsters.

I hope Lulu is getting enough traffic and business that they can stay in business.

Andy K

I Like Games
Validated User
I've not been too impressed to date with the "regular" books and stuff (topic/content wise) sold from Lulu, but I've been extremely happy with the RPGs and comics I've bought from them, not only content (that's not Lulu anyways) but the quality of the books.

My most recent purchase was the totally hippie but REALLY solid post-apoc fantasy game Legends of Alyria (I'll review it later once I've played it). The cover, layout, bleeds, all came through exceptionally well. It's not loaded down with art, but it really is a beautiful book.

If they keep this up, they'll be my new Local Gaming Store. Because of what they've done already for small-press publishers (like the folks on RPGNow) and independent dudes, they could be another huge boon to gaming in general, like the introduction of PDFs.

-Andy

Top Bottom