• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Lupin The III Movie Trailer!

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
What? If wanting duly deputized law enforcement officials to apprehend known scofflaws so that they might face justice in accordance with due process is wrong, then I don't want to be right!
Considering the last time it happened, the end result was a LOOOOOT of dead cops courtesy of Jigen, it might be safer if they dont arrest him.

Why does Lupin get the #1 criminal slot again?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
btw there was a live action Lupin III. Is it worth watching? I'm still kind of sore after watching live action Gatchaman.
The 1974 one is a bizarre spoof, occasionally amusing in a sort of schlock-James-Bond-parody way but not all that good.

I haven't seen the 2014 one.

Francis Helie

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The 1974 one is a bizarre spoof, occasionally amusing in a sort of schlock-James-Bond-parody way but not all that good.

I haven't seen the 2014 one.
Saw the 2014 at the Fantasia festival, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought it was funny and Lupin enough to be worthy. Not as good as the best Lupin episodes or movies, but it didn’t disappoint me. Seeing Goemon and Jigen in action was pretty neat.

J Harper

Likes Tomboys
Validated User
And making Cagliostro such a prominent part of the historical montage is kind of cheap.
What's your logic on this? I know Monkey Punch wasn't too fond of it, but as far as I'm aware Cagliostro is considered one of the top tier Lupin features and is still very popular both in and out of the fan base.

Davies

Validated User
What's your logic on this? I know Monkey Punch wasn't too fond of it, but as far as I'm aware Cagliostro is considered one of the top tier Lupin features and is still very popular both in and out of the fan base.
That's just it -- it's too good, and referencing it like this borrows its credibility. Whatever this is, it probably won't measure up to that pinnacle, so using that image to advertise it is cheap.

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Castle of Cagliostro was directed by Miyazaki, who's always a tough act to follow.

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yep, looks good. They've got the smirk down. Smirk technology is sufficiently advanced.

I almost think the animation is too good on Goemon and Jigen; realistic robe flapping and realistic scruffy beard are not what I expected to see. But I adapt fast.

Top Bottom