Lynn Willis, Rest In Peace

glorantha1

Validated User
We are sad to announce the death of Lynn Willis, a pillar of Chaosium, Call of Cthulhu, and of the roleplaying community. Lynn had been combating aging and illness for several years, and passed while in a hospital for treatment. He is survived by his wife Marcia, and a community of friends and admirers.
Lynn began in gaming as a board game designer, and entered Chaosium with Lords of the Middle Sea. He was the third employee of Chaosium, first as an editor and then as the mastermind behind the entire Call of Cthulhu line, as well as other projects, for the decades that he was among us. He loved his work and brought all his abilities to the job. He was incredibly smart, astonishingly widely read, detail oriented, and capable. He is largely responsible for the high quality, playability, and popularity of the leading horror RPG in our field. A complete list of his gaming accomplishments can be found at http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=46&query=lynn&topic_id=&section_id=&author_id=
He will be missed. We trust that he is at peace. We give his wife Marcia our thanks and blessings for her devoted love and support for Lynn, and wish her joy and success in her future endeavors and memories of the past.

Charlie Krank, President Chaosium Inc.
Greg Stafford, Founder Chaosium Inc.

Pete Nash

Swordsman and writer
Validated User
Re: Lynn Willis,Rest In Peace

I am truly sorry to hear he has passed on. Lynn gave me my start in professional RPG writing and was an incredibly supportive editor, as well as helping to produce some of the greatest gaming material I've ever had the pleasure to play in. I shall remember him fondly.

The link is Lynn Willis

Last edited:

wraithform

Validated User

Sad.

He will be missed, although his accomplishments were many.

The Tweaker

Generic system fan
Validated User

My condolences to his family and friends. I loved his work for Call of Cthulhu.

Arupadhatu

Formless Element
Validated User

Call of Cthulhu is, and will forever be, my favorite RPG of all time and I am very thankful that Mr. Willis gave so much to such a great game. He'll certainly be missed.

Thank you for everything, Lynn! Your contributions are many and will be deeply appreciated for a long time to come!

Lawrence Whitaker

Validated User

Lynn was my Go To guy at Chaosium when I was freelancing for them on the Stormbringer/Elric lines. He was funny, open, approachable, astute and honest. He encouraged me, made me feel welcome and part of the Chaosium team, and was a true gentleman. Even though we hadn't spoken for a while, I will miss him. His mark on the hobby was unsung and very discreet - but it was huge.

Rest and sleep well, Lynn.

akajdrakeh

Pronounced 'akkadrakka'
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Ah, man. :( Condolences to the Chaosium crew and Lynn's family.

frws25

Validated User

Thank you Lynn for all of the amazing evenings, awesome scares and general creeps from our CoC games.

Tog

UPP 478992
Validated User

My condolences to the family and friends.

So much early RPG history being lost with these passings.

Top Bottom