IC [M&M] Celestial Battle Maidens of Eight Dragon Island

ajdynon

Validated User
On the day before a new school year begins on Eight Dragon Island, strong winds blow across the island and heavy rain falls, the result of a typhoon not too far away. Perhaps the Goddess deems it appropriate to greet new students with a challenge, or perhaps one of the dragons she trapped below the island is stirring - either way, it does not look like it will be a pleasant first day for the new arrivals. Fortunately, the weather is not so severe that planes are unable to land at the airport, and travellers from Hong Kong, Japan, the United States, and other places are able to disembark without too much trouble.

Once they pass through customs, buses are waiting to take new students to Battle Goddess Academy.

Meanwhile, the media is gathered at the gates of the royal palace - even if it were a full-blown typhoon, it would likely not discourage them from the chance to witness a princess make her way to enter Battle Goddess Academy, as so many in her line have done before her. And like those before her, she is expected to make the journey on foot, as a message that she can expect no special treatment as a result of her position.

Each of you has your entry paperwork for the Academy, including the dorm and room number you have been assigned: Tomoe Gozen Dormitory, room 122.

jamieth

Validated User
"Are you really sure, Your Highness?" the maid asks in a worried voice, "I'm certain it won't be seen as breaking the rules..."

"On any other day, sure", Princess Aoi replies as she slides her feet into the uniform boots and stands near the palace's main gate, "But today, I can't give anyone any reason to doubt me. I'm sorry, I know you care about me, but... besides", she adds with a smile, "Look. Umbrella wouldn't do much good under such a wind anyway, would it? Now, if you could hand me that cloak..."

With the very unglamorous, but much more useful in current weather than an umbrella would be, transparent plastic cloak fastened on her shoulders and over her head, she waits for the doors to open and steps into the rain... and into the lightning storm of camera flashes

"Ohayogozaimasu , zaoshang hao, good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I am sorry for making you wait in such a weather, but I'll gladly answer your questions... along the way, if you don't mind."
With that, she heads along the road in the steady pace, facing straight, refusing to look down even if that means taking a full blow of rain to the face. Today, of all days, she can't appear weak.

ajdynon

Validated User
With the very unglamorous, but much more useful in current weather than an umbrella would be, transparent plastic cloak fastened on her shoulders and over her head, she waits for the doors to open and steps into the rain... and into the lightning storm of camera flashes

"Ohayogozaimasu , zaoshang hao, good morning, ladies and gentlemen. I am sorry for making you wait in such a weather, but I'll gladly answer your questions... along the way, if you don't mind."
With that, she heads along the road in the steady pace, facing straight, refusing to look down even if that means taking a full blow of rain to the face. Today, of all days, she can't appear weak.
"Your Highness, there have been rumors that some members of the royal family did not wish you to attend Battle Goddess Academy. Is this true?" One journalist asks.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
April looked uncomfortable as they arrived at the academy. She was fashionably dressed to the fine details, with a brightly covered ensemble, a cute skirt and shirt and a nice complimenting jacket and scarf, her hair just so, and she had a nice transparent plastic poncho to keep the rain off... but she still wasn't entirely sure of all this. (She also had a nice purse with a cute anime pangolin on the side. Inside the purse was The Claw. The Claw wasn't really fashionable, nor was it pretty. The Claw existed to hurt and kill people, and she knew this well, and it was hers now, and that was an uncomfortable thought.)

In a way, though, she was glad to be there with an actual princess. She wasn't comfortable with the idea of just talking to her, but hey, it looked like the press had that covered. More importantly, though, all eyes would be on the princess... and not on her. Normally, she was comfortable with attention, but the Tong might well spot her if she got on TV or something, and that would be bad. So she just needed to stay away from the cameras...

...And that was the other thing. She was used to a very different life; one of fashion, and fun, and hanging out with friends. And now, "Battle Goddesses." It felt uncomfortable... but in her purse was the Claw of the Iron Tiger. That wasn't a weapon for a "Battle Goddess," it was the tool of a murderous assassin. And it was hers, passed down to her, connected by family legacy and by right of blood and the will of the previous holder, a bond that would not be broken... and the times she'd used it already, in self-defense. Even though her wardrobe was new, and she'd showered compulsively (and washed her hands over and over and over and over and over and...) she still felt like she was covered in blood. And perhaps she always would.

greyshinobi

Validated User
Heedless of the rain, Misa smiled as she snapped a selfie with her phone just outside the bus. She quickly added a cute penguin filter and saved it to her personal story before she froze in horror.

"Nooo, I forgot the V-sign. Omgodsostupidwhatwhereyouthink!"

Misa definitely did not pout as she slipped her purple-encased phone into the pockets of her stylishly torn cargo jeans. She instead tugged her worn army jacket back in place after a blast of wind buffeted her and several other students. It was a shame it covered her fashionable sunny turtleneck, but she couldn't help but smile at the complaints of her soon to be classmates.

While cold and miserable, the weather only made her long for the training trips her sensei used to take her on in Nishioka. Her smile fell and her lips trembled briefly before she swiftly schooled her face into a placid mask of control.

"No crying! What kind of warrior cries?" Misa chided herself as she retrieved her black nylon sword bag and bright blue backpack. Sewn into the back and sides of the backpack were several patches of cute animal mascots, as well as an Evee next to a green dragon.

Misa tried not to feel self conscious as other students pulled out full-sized suitcases. She'd never had much, and it'd never really bothered her much until now. She quickly shook off her gloom and stood tall with sword bag slung over her shoulder. Let the others see what she had or not, it didn't matter. This was a school for warriors right?

"Let them see a true warrior," Misa thought as she proudly strode forward toward the dormitories, heedless of the howling wind.

She quickly made her way across the campus before witnessing a bizare sight. Despite the torrential downpour, a large group of people where gathered and waiting expectantly, many of them with cameras or phones in hand. They reminded her of a group of overly excited fans waiting for their idol, or reporters looking for the next big story.

She'd heard a member of the 'royal' family was supposed to join her class, but Misa had scoffed at such an absurd notion. No way a so-called princess would lower themselves to associate with foreigners and other undesirables.

Right?

Curious desipte herself, Misa drifted closer to crowd.

jamieth

Validated User
"Your Highness, there have been rumors that some members of the royal family did not wish you to attend Battle Goddess Academy. Is this true?" One journalist asks.
It's not that she didn't expect such a question. Rumors always find a way to come out, of course. Still... it almost makes her stumble. "I can't, of course, comment on private views of any member of the family besides myself; you'll have to ask them for that. As for the Royal Family's official position, though, I believe the fact that I am currently here should answer that." Aoi nods towards the nearby school building, "And now, I'm sorry, but I don't have much time... I can't appear at the assembly looking like that, after all. Oh, and one more thing." she turns to the hournalists, stopping for a moment, "I would like to use this opportunity to officially invite everyone to the traditional newcomers' tournament, held by the Academy in two weeks. I hope it should clear some of the doubts people might have. Thank you all for enduring the weather today."

greyshinobi

Validated User
"WHA?? No way!" Misa thoughts buzzed as she stood frozen in place. She barely heard the real-life honest-to-goodness Princess finish her statement and excuse herself.

Come on! This is your chance!" She chided herself as the princess passed with admirers flocking all about. "Don't just stand like an idiot. Say hi!"

Misa felt her brief bout of confidence flee in the face of all these people. As always, she'd talk herself up and and then when it came time to act her fear paralyzed her. All the taunts and jeers from the orphanage crashing in her head louder than any storm.

"This is your chance! Do it! Just say something!" She scowled as the wind slapped her long hair into her face. Misa flipped back her rain soaked hair and blurted out the first words that came to her.

"You ready to lose, Princess!?"

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
April stopped and stared at that. Was she seriously just... challenging the princess? Out of the blue? That was crazy! She wasn't going to try and stop her, of course. But she wasn't going to miss a minute of it, and stayed to watch, rain or no rain.

jamieth

Validated User
OK now that was unexpected. Aoi barely stopped herself from chuckling... the unexpected challenge required an answer, though.
"If you mean in general, miss..." she paused, looking at the girl with a confident smile, "than a fighter who isn't ready to eventually lose is a fool. If you mean right now, though... I'd rather not. I'd much prefer to take a hot shower and change into something less drenched. It would be impolite to refuse a challenge, though, so if you insist... perhaps we could arrange a use of practice arena later today?"

ajdynon

Validated User
"WHA?? No way!" Misa thoughts buzzed as she stood frozen in place. She barely heard the real-life honest-to-goodness Princess finish her statement and excuse herself.

Come on! This is your chance!" She chided herself as the princess passed with admirers flocking all about. "Don't just stand like an idiot. Say hi!"

Misa felt her brief bout of confidence flee in the face of all these people. As always, she'd talk herself up and and then when it came time to act her fear paralyzed her. All the taunts and jeers from the orphanage crashing in her head louder than any storm.

"This is your chance! Do it! Just say something!" She scowled as the wind slapped her long hair into her face. Misa flipped back her rain soaked hair and blurted out the first words that came to her.

"You ready to lose, Princess!?"
OK now that was unexpected. Aoi barely stopped herself from chuckling... the unexpected challenge required an answer, though.
"If you mean in general, miss..." she paused, looking at the girl with a confident smile, "than a fighter who isn't ready to eventually lose is a fool. If you mean right now, though... I'd rather not. I'd much prefer to take a hot shower and change into something less drenched. It would be impolite to refuse a challenge, though, so if you insist... perhaps we could arrange a use of practice arena later today?"
This exchange gets the crowd's attention. Martial artists are known for being keen competitors, but few would be so bold as to challenge a princess before the school year has even formally begun.

"Miss, does this mean you're declaring yourself to be the princess' rival?" One of the reporters asks. And within seconds, #PrincessAoisRival is trending on the internet.

Top Bottom