• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [M&M3] For The Spirit Of Creation: Sengoku Jidai

ajdynon

Validated User
It is an unusally hot summer's day as you arrive in Okyube village. Adding to the stifling heat are the high humidity, swarms of flies and mosquitoes that seem to have taken a liking to you, and the scent of rotting seaweed drifting in from the seaside shallows. All in all, not desirable conditions for travel.

Yet, travel to this village you have - each of you found a note slipped into your clothing or belongings, saying that there was an evil nearby that must be vanquished. As you met other travellers on the road, you learned that the armies of two rival daimyo had recently clashed nearby. And if the battle itself were not enough to disrupt the peace of the area, the travellers claim it is now haunted by the spirits of the soldiers who died in battle...

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There had been quite an argument about Miki going. Her father didn't think that a girl ought to go deal with this kind of thing; her family responsibility was in the city, as well. But she was stubborn, and strong-willed, and also traveling alone because while her family army of thugs was fearless in the face of mere mortal danger, ghosts were another matter entirely.

And that was fine.

Her clear duty as the Unrelenting Scion was to go in, regardless of the hazard. She knew full well that she could punch an angry ghost back into the underworld, if she had to. And she was afraid of nothing. Thus, she walked along the road, a young, fairly small girl, no companions, a cheap set of clothes on her back and a pack of snacks on her back, whistling a cheerful tune, without a care in the world.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A-ko swiped the long willow branch among the plants of the field, cutting down weeds and leaving the wildflowers untouched. It was a mild diversion as she walked barefoot, some distance from the road. She reached down ad pucked a few sweet smelling herbs from the ground and tucked them in the sleeve of her kimono. "I can use these for dinner," she told herself, and with another sweep of the branch slashed another weed down to nothing.

The field narrowed and pushed against the road as she came to the bend, around witch she saw Okube.

She tossed her willow branch aside and fished her straw sandals from her small bag.

"Onwards," she said.

Ramidel

Validated User
This wasn't Aika's kind of fight, so the Wind Goddess was in a slightly peevish mood as she walked down the path. Oh, to be able to conjure a breeze - but she hadn't mastered Fujin's power enough to be able to do that yet. Fujin had empowered her to fight evil from the shadows, but apparently he hadn't made her to blow away mosquitoes.

Still, Aika was sure that there would be other Scions involved, so it was her job to remain appropriately mysterious for the moment and keep walking. Her benefactors would expect her to keep everyone moving in the same direction when a fight started, and until then, she gained nothing from revealing her presence or identity beyond "just another travelling ronin."

ajdynon

Validated User
The three of you each catch sight of two other figures making their way towards the village.

OOC: Those would be the other PCs

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A-ko waved to Miki, thinking she recognized her.
Miki walked over. Had she met this girl before? That didn't really matter, though.

She was cute. That was good.

"Hey there!" she shouted. "What are you doing out here?"

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Hey there!" she shouted. "What are you doing out here?"
"Walking towards Okyube. Are you the young lady people sometimes seem scared of? No offence, if you are or if you are not. I just think I've seen you around before. I'm A-ko, but the way."

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Walking towards Okyube. Are you the young lady people sometimes seem scared of? No offence, if you are or if you are not. I just think I've seen you around before. I'm A-ko, but the way."
Yeah, Miki laughed at that one.

"No, no, that's me," she said. "Yamaguchi Miki, the last name some people hear. Well. Not quite. I usually don't introduce myself to people I'm going to hurt. It wastes time, and I'm not really that good at the formal stuff."

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I usually don't introduce myself to people I'm going to hurt. It wastes time, and I'm not really that good at the formal stuff."
A-Ko thought about that. "But in a duel you should always introduce yourself. You have to stand proud and announce your name, so they know who beat them." A-ko nodded to herself. O, not that I am dueling or anything, but I'm Ryuten Eiko, but I spell it with a Gaijin 'A' cause the Gaijin alphabet is splendid."

Top Bottom