IC [M&M3] For The Spirit Of Creation: Sengoku Jidai

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
Shimizu takes the banner and holds it high so they're approach would more likely be seen as less threatening. The situation was tense and it could all break down at a moments notice if not properly handled, it was so exhilirating! She had to admire how well spoken Chihana was! And if the worse came to worse, Miki would probably be good for knocking some heads together.

"We need time! Please, in the name of the spirits, hold off any violence!"

ajdynon

Validated User
Chihana

“Ahem! Yes, thank you Miki.” Chihana says awkwardly at the very blunt introduction. She takes a deep breath to ready herself and standing up confidently. “It is like my companion says. We have come to beseech you all to lay down your arms, for we believe there is a wicked presence in these lands. One that thrives off of death and suffering, and this battle would be playing right into its hands. So please, allow us to investigate this matter lest you all make a terrible mistake!”

OOC: Silver tongue Chihana going to use Persuasion again.

1d20+15 = 33
Shimizu takes the banner and holds it high so they're approach would more likely be seen as less threatening. The situation was tense and it could all break down at a moments notice if not properly handled, it was so exhilirating! She had to admire how well spoken Chihana was! And if the worse came to worse, Miki would probably be good for knocking some heads together.

"We need time! Please, in the name of the spirits, hold off any violence!"
"These are the ones whom Lady Hanae spoke highly of?" A commander asks, and one of the samurai nods in affirmation.

"Fine, bring them to speak with Lord Tagamoto."

You are swiftly ushered to see Tagamoto.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"You know, if we let them fight that could be bait for the necromancer," A-Ko said soto voice. "Not say we should, but if they are going to be uncooperative why bang our heads against the wall?*"

*Not an actual saying in Japan as most walls are made of paper

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chihana
"You know, if we let them fight that could be bait for the necromancer," A-Ko said soto voice. "Not say we should, but if they are going to be uncooperative why bang our heads against the wall?*"
*Not an actual saying in Japan as most walls are made of paper
“Yes, let us try other methods before we resort to that A-Ko. I would not risk an army of restless spirits just to weed out our witch.” Chihana says, looking sick to her stomach at the idea. When the group meets Lord Tagamoto Chihana gets on her knees and bows. Having done this so many times she has become quite good at it. “It is a pleasure to see you again Lord Tagamoto. As promised we have begun our investigation into the Katakure Witch. We have just finished meeting with Lady Katakure herself, and she has agreed to delay the attack and allow us time to complete our investigation if you promise to do the same.”

ajdynon

Validated User
Chihana

“Yes, let us try other methods before we resort to that A-Ko. I would not risk an army of restless spirits just to weed out our witch.” Chihana says, looking sick to her stomach at the idea. When the group meets Lord Tagamoto Chihana gets on her knees and bows. Having done this so many times she has become quite good at it. “It is a pleasure to see you again Lord Tagamoto. As promised we have begun our investigation into the Katakure Witch. We have just finished meeting with Lady Katakure herself, and she has agreed to delay the attack and allow us time to complete our investigation if you promise to do the same.”
"Until dawn tomorrow, from the reports I have heard." Lord Tagamoto says. "Very well, you may have until then. I have heard that my son's death occured on an island near the river fork not far from here. Perhaps you could investigate there."

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chihana
"Until dawn tomorrow, from the reports I have heard." Lord Tagamoto says. "Very well, you may have until then. I have heard that my son's death occured on an island near the river fork not far from here. Perhaps you could investigate there."
“Thank you for listening to reason Lord Tagamoto! We will be sure to start our investigation there immediately!” Chihana says with bubbly enthusiasm. She is so happy to not only have recieved the time they needed, but a lead as well, that she can barely contain her joy. From the ground around where Chihana is kneeling a small patch of vibrant wildflowers blooms, as if Chihana’s joy is lifting the spirits of the earth itself. “A-apologies Lord Tagamoto. I let my emotions get the better of me.”

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"If the witch is there, well, she won't be for long, and if there is evidence of what happened we will find it," A-ko told him.

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
"Way to go, Chihana." Shimizu praised cheerfully as she bounced excitedly before turning and pointing dramatically. "Let's go and bring kamis judgement on this witch!"

ajdynon

Validated User
You soon arrive at the river junction. A grove of trees grows in the vicinity, cutting off the sight and sound of the nearby troops and making the area seem oddly peaceful. A careful look reveals a path of stepping stones that can be used to cross to the island, where a small pagoda of some sort is visible through the trees.

Although you haven't spotted anyone, you can't shake the feeling that you are being watched.

OOC: Something I forgot to mention and may be useful at some point: Kuromori-no-Youshin's scrolls. The spells contained in them are not useful in combat, but could be helpful for things like divinations, blessings, curses and the like. Effectively, they give you the benefit of the Ritualist advantage.

Top Bottom