IC [M&M3] For The Spirit Of Creation: Sengoku Jidai

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chihana

"Please do not worry yourselves. I will keep a close eye on this one and make sure that she does not cause a commotion." Chihana says sweetly, bending down to sling the unconcious nun over her shoulders with an audible wooden creek as her joints groan and strain under the load before stabilizing. "Phew! There we go! Just like helping father move logs back at his workshop!"

OOC: With Chihana's wooden body and crazy fortitude I imagine she can carry the body pretty well and leave the others free to do their thing :unsure:

Last edited:

ajdynon

Validated User
OOC: I used the word "pagoda" before; looking up the definitions, I think it should have been "gazebo", at the risk of re-enacting a well known roleplaying story involving one.

If not for the oppressive aura of the place, the gazebo you are approaching would offer a very attractive view out over the adjoining rivers. It's a small open structure, with seats for people to relax and enjoy the view. However, wedged between two of the tiles in the centre, you see a dagger, point upward, covered in blood.

ajdynon

Validated User
The blood is dry, and apart from a pool around the dagger, no trail is evident.

OOC: Those who have noble connections would know that noblewomen sometimes commit suicide by falling onto an upward-facing dagger. And I just realised I should have included a Content Warning for this, so apologies and if anyone is uncomfortable, please speak up.

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Chihana

“I...I do not think there would be a blood trail to leave Miki” Chihana says, her voice dripping with saddness. “Do you not remember what this one said? ‘Yukimi-sama, I’ve failed.’ Perhaps, this is where Katakure Yukimi took her life. Which means this place is a craddle of great despair.” Chihana closes her eyes and offers a silent prayer for the departed, even if she is their enemy.

She lays the nun down on one of the seats before addressing the others. “We should investigate this place carefully using any means. Physical, magical, and spiritual. An important clue must be here.”

OOC: Investigation Roll: 1d20+6 = 21

ajdynon

Validated User
Chihana feels a powerful sense of dark emotion - not just despair, but also vengefulness and a sense of betrayal. She or the others may have heard that when a person dies in such a state, especially if they blame another for their death, they may return as an onryo, or vengeful ghost*.

You also notice that the blood on the dagger, which was dry moments ago, has liquefied and begun dripping down the blade.

OOC: *Onryo are common in Japanese media, the most famous being Sadako of the Ring series.

Top Bottom