IC [Magical Burst 4] Wind Colored Magical Girls

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Setsuna
Setsuna hears her father on the phone. "Setsuna" he whispers quickly. "be careful honey and don't come home. These government people are here searching for you. They say you did something illegal and you have to go with them."
Setsuna’s eyes shoot open and she bolts upright in bed. Her dad loved to joke around, but from his tone she could tell he was being deathly serious. “H-huh!? Slow down! What are they saying I did!? Are you and mom okay!?” Setsuna asks worriedly. She barely notices Kana come in or her phone beep with Haruka’s text.

Last edited:

Saint_of_Ravens

Validated User
Hikari

Hikari looks at her mom, her eyes falling into a half-asleep state "Alright mom, we can talk,but can we wait until a bit later, things seem to be a bit too hectic for me right now.".

After Kana had left Hikari's phone beeped and she picked it up to chech what it was. Reading over it, the crusader thought on it "It's either a very good omen or a very bad omen.". While turning to Setsuna to give her the news her friends reaction gets her worried "What is it?".

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"You really are a courageous idiot. These things kill people and you still fight without fear." Yui is stunned into silence momentarily by Yuu's revelation of humanities origin. She parses it out slowly in her head as she translates from Yuu's language to a normal one. "That is a little hard to process, Yuu."
Yuu laughs. "I have to be Brave, or people would lose Hope!" Her brow wrinkles a little at Yui's comment. "Really? It didn't seem like that big a deal to me. We've always known there are Monsters out there that we could use Heroes to protect us from. We just though they were people, before. Now that I'm a Magical Girl and a Hero, everything is so much easier to understand, and the Monsters are easier to fight!"

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Setsuna
After Kana had left Hikari's phone beeped and she picked it up to chech what it was. Reading over it, the crusader thought on it "It's either a very good omen or a very bad omen.". While turning to Setsuna to give her the news her friends reaction gets her worried "What is it?".
Setuna lowers the phone and switches it to speaker so Hikari can listen in as well.

Muskrat

Ancient Wyrm Kittensnake
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ami surprisingly does not get too many looks despite how she is dressed. Young people have the strangest fashion senses after all. Unfortunately for Ami the longer she stays in a place or interacts with an object the more frou-frou it gets.
Ami hunts around for a park bench that's out of the way, where no one's likely to see her, so she can just rest and eat her breakfast before going to school.

OOC: Insight: 2d6+3: 7 [2d6=1, 3]

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
Yuu laughs. "I have to be Brave, or people would lose Hope!" Her brow wrinkles a little at Yui's comment. "Really? It didn't seem like that big a deal to me. We've always known there are Monsters out there that we could use Heroes to protect us from. We just though they were people, before. Now that I'm a Magical Girl and a Hero, everything is so much easier to understand, and the Monsters are easier to fight!"
"Well, your bravery is why I like you but I was referring to the origin of humanity. Though I guess you are saying we are like the staff at a rehab clinic for this Midnight Queen."
Setsuna

Setuna lowers the phone and switches it to speaker so Hikari can listen in as well.
"They won't say. If you come in, they say no one else has to know and we can protect you otherwise something about the Yakuza again. I thought you stopped that."
Ami hunts around for a park bench that's out of the way, where no one's likely to see her, so she can just rest and eat her breakfast before going to school.

OOC: Insight: 2d6+3: 7 [2d6=1, 3]
OOC: So a locate roll that low demands I do something to complicate things. Please forgive me.
As Ami looks for a park bench she encounters a group of elementary kids going to school. They quickly surround her and start pestering her with questions. "Are you a princess?" "Is this cosplay?" "What character are you?" and so forth.

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Setsuna
"They won't say. If you come in, they say no one else has to know and we can protect you otherwise something about the Yakuza again. I thought you stopped that."
“The Yakuza? I did! I mean I think I did. Unless they mean...oh no...nononono!”

Setsuna’s face goes pale as a horrifying thought enters her mind. Did the Yakuza actually report Setsuna’s killing to the authorities!? Her mind races and her breathing quickens while she tries to think about what to do. If word got out that Setsuna killed someone it would be the end of her family’s reputation. The shame her parents would have to endure would be unthinkable. She wants to tell her dad everything that happened, see of he had some idea what to do. But what would her father think if she told him she was a murderer. After a moment she swallows nervously and answers.

“Dad, last night, we went to investigate the Yakuza, and I...I did something really bad. I didn’t mean to! I just lost control for a second, and I k-killed someone.” Setsuna chokes on her words. “Tell them...tell them I’m on my way over. I won’t let you and mom suffer cause of this.”

Last edited:

Saint_of_Ravens

Validated User
Hikari
“The Yakuza? I did! I mean I think I did. Unless they mean...oh no...nononono!”

Setsuna’s face goes pale as a horrifying thought enters her mind. Did the Yakuza actually report Setsuna’s killing to the authorities!? Her mind races and her breathing quickens while she tries to think about what to do. If word got out that Setsuna killed someone it would be the end of her family’s reputation. The shame her parents would have to endure would be unthinkable. She wants to tell her dad everything that happened, see of he had some idea what to do. But what would her father think if she told him she was a murderer. After a moment she swallows nervously and answers.

“Dad, last night, we went to investigate the Yakuza, and I...I did something really bad. I didn’t mean to! I just lost control for a second, and I k-killed someone.” Setsuna chokes on her words. “Tell them...tell them I’m on my way over. I won’t let you and mom suffer cause of this.”
Hikari gets increasingly nervous as she hears them talk and when Setsuna brings up giving herself up tothe goverment. Without much thinking her hands grip Setsuna's shoulders as she screams out "No! Don't go there! Don't leave me.".

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Setsuna
Hikari gets increasingly nervous as she hears them talk and when Setsuna brings up giving herself up tothe goverment. Without much thinking her hands grip Setsuna's shoulders as she screams out "No! Don't go there! Don't leave me.".
Setsuna hangs up and stares sadly at Hikari. “What choice do I have!? If they go public with what I did it’s over for my mom and dad! I won’t put them through all that shame! Or do you want me to fight the government? And sure, Ami-chan might be able to change the hearts of the group at my parents, but what about the rest of the organization? I’m sorry, but I can’t risk it.”

While overhwelming feelings of guilt snd worthlessness crush her spirit, Setsuna somehow manages to force a smile for Hikari. “But hey, they’re still only human right? Just cause they want me to go with them doesn’t mean I have to stay. I’ll break out and be back in no time. Promise!”

Last edited:

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Well, your bravery is why I [Yui] like you but I was referring to the origin of humanity. Though I guess you are saying we are like the staff at a rehab clinic for this Midnight Queen."
Yuu lies back on her bed as she tries to put her thoughts into words. "Um, sort of? In the beginning, there was the Midnight Queen, and she was all alone, so she made all sorts of things. But she was like a child who didn't know better and liked to break her toys. One day, the familiars, like Stebbi-tan, had enough and managed to trap her in the prison we call Earth."

"But the familiars are kindhearted, and want to help their creator become a better person. So they made us, to raise the Midnight Queen properly. She can see us, all the time. She sees us when we're kind, and loving to each other. She sees us when we're mean and cruel. In the beginning, humanity was pretty cruel, but over the centuries, we've learned better ways to live together and to treat each other well. When we change, we show the Midnight Queen that she can change. When we hurt someone, and feel bad about, or see someone in pain, and try to help them, we show her what it means to care for others."

"So our jobs, as Heroes, is to be the best people we can be, so we can show the MIdnight Queen how to be the best person she can be! And, hopefully, one day she'll become that person, and she can be let free again!"

Top Bottom