• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha General Discussion Thread

Littleredfox

Validated User
Inherent Equipment. Number's version of devices only much more integrated with them than a device is with a mage.
Noticeably one of the few Device like item classes that don't talk or use telepathy.

Chris, Asteon and the various AEC and Divider tech being the memorable others. Though apparently Stroseks can talk but from the two examples we have they lost the ability in the process of being tortured experimented on.

Also Steed and Lily use different and incompatible psychic methods or channels to communicate. Steed claims Lily is using Telekinesis rather than Telepathy.

4th Dimension

Validated User
I'd say that IE isn't even a separate thing to the Numbers. It's an integral part of them who are mobile weapon systems.

With Chris and Aeston, they can communicate telepathicaly, in that we see their masters being able to see and communicate with them even when they have merged with them, but they communicate using non verbal means which somehow people can understand.
I call this BS invented to make things even more pointlessly cutsey.

Taper

Validated User
Apropos of nothing, I just recognized a pet peeve I have with doujin and fanfic set after A's — the lack of acknowledgement of how long Hayate's physical rehabilitation took. She's almost always depicted as up and running practically the moment the Book stops draining her, but it's stated that to be fully able-bodied took years, and that in fact she and Nanoha were doing physical therapy together after Nanoha's injury, some two years later. Now, she might have been out of the wheelchair faster, but I haven't seen anybody give her braces, crutches, or so much as a cane. A frustrating bit of ableism, conscious or unconscious.

I am glad the source material took the effort to have recovery take time, and really does illustrate the physicality of Hayate's condition, even if nobody seems to pick up on it.

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User
I don't think I've seen any fic from that period.

I think one of the anime or manga shows her activating Rein for the first time, at age 12, and she seems okay? Memory is fuzzy though.

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
She's shown as walking pretty quickly in one of the epilogues to the A's movie, as I recall.

Evil Midnight Lurker

What Lurks at Midnight
Validated User
She's shown as walking pretty quickly in one of the epilogues to the A's movie, as I recall.
The movies are in-universe propaganda, though, and not to be trusted.

...I still want Al-Hazred to be El Hazard. The Eye of God is exactly what Precia wants, a cross-dimensional cross-time scoop that could snatch Alicia out of the moment before the explosion and even replace her with a pre-arranged clone corpse a la Chrono Trigger.

4th Dimension

Validated User
There is a large time skip both in the Anime and the Move epilogues. For A's movie note that Reinforce II is a thing which is not something she could have whipped up in a jiffy, and I'm pretty sure the epilogue is dated somewhere.

Hayate was doing the final tests before she is fully cleared as being recovered when Nanoha got shot down. So yeah they did "hang out" at the hospital. So Hayate shouldn't be running about or participating in combat missions alone before then. BUT, I'd say that she was probably able to just walk quite a bit before then, and she was much more capable when Unisoned.

They mention this bit about hanging out in the hospital in I think in one of the movie's commentaries.

TLDR: Hayate was fully cleared as recovered sometime in 0067 after Nanoha got shot down.
Though I'd say having her on walks with someone nearby to help if needed after like half a year would also be fine.

Nerik the Red

Validated User
The movies are in-universe propaganda, though, and not to be trusted.

...I still want Al-Hazred to be El Hazard. The Eye of God is exactly what Precia wants, a cross-dimensional cross-time scoop that could snatch Alicia out of the moment before the explosion and even replace her with a pre-arranged clone corpse a la Chrono Trigger.
I have had similar thoughts...
...there would, however, be implications...

Davies

Validated User
My current notion is that Al-Hazard is the extreme past of El Hazard, when the Eye of God was first constructed ... and when a certain android djinneh who has a certain resemblance to Fate was also created.

Littleredfox

Validated User
My current notion is that Al-Hazard is the extreme past of El Hazard, when the Eye of God was first constructed ... and when a certain android djinneh who has a certain resemblance to Fate was also created.

Which might suggest El Hazard is in the timeline Precia got there.

Top Bottom