• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

making maps

Saint Michael

Validated User
I need to make city, rural and wilderness maps for our game. But I need to do it by hand, as I don't know how to use Photoshop. Help?

Flowswithdrek

Freelance Writer
Validated User
I'm trying to learn Campaign Cartographer. If you are willing to send me a scanned image of a hand drawn wilderness map, I might be able to put something together for you (as long as its nothing too complicated)... I can't do cities.... There are some free map drawing tools on the net that might be worth looking at.

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
The Cartographers Guild is another forum, unrelated to RPGnet, that has GREAT tutorials on how to do things. I tend to use their GIMP tutorials, as it's free.

Here is the sort of thing they have good step-by-step tutorials for:

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Ooo..... Pretty. I can't seem to draw with a mouse though. I've tried.
Their tutorials do not generally assume you're doing intricate freehand drawing on a computer screen.
I mean, I have no artistic training beyond 7th grade art, and I was able to make that map, which I feel is completely serviceable.

Link.

Top Bottom