Manga and other Written Japanese? Things, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

0Megabyte

Stardust Princeling
Validated User
Argh, wow, I was literally just about to hit the post button on the "reincarnation" version. :D

Last edited:

Quasar

Feeling kinda smurfy
Validated User
Nana to Kaoru 155 - Not a bad penultimate episode given its all wrapup. Also breaking both legs in a fall...owie.

Okusan 33-34 - Continue to enjoy this. She is just so nice. And that lovey-doviness just seems to never get old for me.

Kinni

Writer of Ten Thousand Ideas
Validated User
So, I've been reading a certain webnovel recently. It's Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki, or A Realist Hero's Kingdom Reconstruction Chronicle.

The story is, the hero is summoned, and since he knows about management style things, he decides to help the kingdom fix their economical problems instead of going out and fighting the demon king. The king is very impressed, so impressed he actually hands over the crown to the hero and engages him with his daughter.

This story manages to be both funny and smart, which is a balance few works achieve. And it never comes down to the hero knowing how to make every important technology and it always working out on the first try, or the hero suggesting incredibly obvious things and being praised for it. The hero also walks a line between being idealistic and ruthless.

acksed

Validated User
Hantsu x Trash 45: Our hapless protagonist is slightly less hapless and is beginning to move on (some) from objectifying the girls. Now trying to wingman for one of the other boys, Shioda, the object of the boy's desires is about as ready to date him as a pile of mouldy blancmange. And in his efforts to follow the girl around and talk him up, Hamaji has been caught in one perverted situation after another, in a chain of events that would make Love Hina's Keitaro think he was cursed.
Spoiler: Show
It all culminates in a perfectly-timed position where Hamaji's caught by Shioda apparently doing Amamiya doggy style in the bushes next to the other couple he and she were both peeping on. Cue fireworks.

Honzuki no Gekokujou 35: "...Who are you, really?" Oooh shit.
Spoiler: Show
When she snaps her, "I never asked for this" speech feels like it's been a long time coming.

Urano was little more than a lazy, book-loving college student, but she's now neither the old Maine nor the old Urano, and Lutz isn't getting her back. But when she says that she can disappear if he wants her to because she's not the real Maine, Lutz is horrified. Then she tells him that she held on during the bamboo incident because of her promise to do one last thing for him. He actually stops and thinks, asks all the right questions, comes to the correct conclusion and realises that the person who's been helping and inspiring him was 'this' Maine all along. "…That’s why, it’s okay if you’re my Maine." He's an absolute star. Seriously, he's seven and handled it better than other characters three times his age.

For the first time in over a year she has acceptance. :eek:

But he deferred judgement to her family. I'm still nervous how that's going to go.

Last edited:

LeumasWhite

Skeptical
Validated User
The first chapter of A Silent Voice's author's new title is out: To You, The Immortal. Looks like it's gonna be another rough one.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
and Attack On Titan's newest chapter continues Grisha's backstory, complete with the origin of some very familiar faces...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom