• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative March Painting Thread

DrunkenGrognard

Exile to the godforsaken reaches of the North
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As is our tradition, the february thread has carried into March a bit, so I'll get this one going. Chibi-Alita get.

I love having a 3D printer. Couple other pics here.

DeathbyDoughnut

a.k.a. Mr. Meat Popcicle
Validated User
Excellent Alita!

I'm waiting for the weather to heat up to spray prime properly. I have about a hundred models that are ready and about a hundred more I am preparing. Any week now it'll heat up. Any week...

Scutarii

Validated User
Excellent Alita!

I'm waiting for the weather to heat up to spray prime properly. I have about a hundred models that are ready and about a hundred more I am preparing. Any week now it'll heat up. Any week...
One trick with that is to fill a sink with hot water and put your spray cans into that water for 10-15mins. Then go outside, shake up as normal and use it.

Works for me when it drops to around -1 to -5 Celsius. No idea if it works below that.

DeathbyDoughnut

a.k.a. Mr. Meat Popcicle
Validated User
One trick with that is to fill a sink with hot water and put your spray cans into that water for 10-15mins. Then go outside, shake up as normal and use it.

Works for me when it drops to around -1 to -5 Celsius. No idea if it works below that.
Thanks for the tip, the high today was 20°F (~-6°C), and a low of 5°F (-15°C). I tried to prime some miniatures last winter, and those minis are still glossy and tacky to the touch a year later. I'll hold off, I'd rather wait to do it right than ruin another batch of figures. Plus I have an airbrush and airbrush primer if I get desperate, I just don't want to airbrush prime 200 models, you know?

Last edited:

candidgamera

Atomic Turtle
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I actually have 14 Space Marine scouts basecoated - making progress on painting for the first time in about a year! Pictures when they're closer to done..

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Taken a while to get around to these guys. Tough job, but really fun and they're well on the way to done. A few other details to pull out and some basing to finish.

Ralls

Entering the Abyss
Validated User
Those guts look good there AlphaAsh.

I finally finished all of my infantry for custodes. Now I just need to finish up the dreads.

Below are the wardens and termies and Valoris that I finished. They are axing Magnus a question.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Those guts look good there AlphaAsh.

I finally finished all of my infantry for custodes. Now I just need to finish up the dreads.

Below are the wardens and termies and Valoris that I finished. They are axing Magnus a question.
Holy crap, those wings and that armour and that base. Very lush sir.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Taken a while to get around to these guys. Tough job, but really fun and they're well on the way to done. A few other details to pull out and some basing to finish.
Eww! They look very gross and nasty. So, great job painting them! :)

Top Bottom