• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative March Painting Thread

Scutarii

Validated User

This is the army. Specifically, the stuff that is properly Sisters of Battle without caveats (well, the Avenger might not be anymore, since FW's stuff is in a bit of an odd spot atm but it was back in 7th so) and not including the various counts-as Space Marines stuff I have modeled as Sisters (for Allies shenanigans or Castellans of the Imperium back when that was a thing)
Damn, that's a mighty impressive force. Looks really cohesive all together like that too

So! These aren't exactly the first minis I've painted in 15 years (those were done in Jan and Feb and thus ineligible) but pretty close! The Voidsmen from the Rogue Trader box:
[/url]20190329_195246 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/170696074@N04/[/IMG

The detail work is terrible and/or nonexistent, but as Miniatures Monthly teaches us, 'a wash covers a multitude of sins'. Just don't look too closely at the faces...
Those look good too, don't sell yourself short!

If I were to guess you used the same wash on the gold as the red jackets? if so then you might find varying that up a bit gives a bit more tonal variation between the two making them 'pop' against each other more. Of course, that may not be what you're going for at all.

RedPlanet

Validated User
If I were to guess you used the same wash on the gold as the red jackets? if so then you might find varying that up a bit gives a bit more tonal variation between the two making them 'pop' against each other more. Of course, that may not be what you're going for at all.
That's a good tip, thanks!

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I painted the Endless Spells!

I think they're a really good idea for the game. Shame the execution in the rules is questionable.

My favourite one (yes I need to tidy up the base edging)
Dang, those look great! The skeleton wave or whatever does look really good, but I think the crystal fence thing is my favorite, for some reason. :)

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Love your Sisters everytime Petter.

Here's my own Inquisitors and Sisters Retinue that I made some more progress on this week. Still lots to do but I'm pleased with how they're coming along.

As with a lot of Sisters salvage off eBay, many backpacks missing. So I improvised. These girls have been in the thick of it with Chaos, so they made do. No wonder they've got some penitents. Gotta keep that heretical influence at bay.

candidgamera

Atomic Turtle
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As we near the end of March, here's my progress report, apart from those Intercessors :

Got some Inceptors done - still working on their sergeant.

Got a ton of Scouts basecoated.

And I've got a primed Gravis Captain on deck for assembly and paint, and I am planning to do some Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers to make my AM force a little more fleshed out. Onward to April!

Top Bottom