• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Margaret Weis Productions to discontinue Serenity & BSG.

AlphaWhelp

Shark Aficionado
Validated User
Just got this in an e-mail.

My guess is that the license to these RPGs is expiring relatively soon, and therefore, they need to be taken off the market, as a result, MASSIVE SALES, you have but the rest of today to purchase them, since they are being taken down tomorrow.

Discounts up to 30 dollars off.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=331_332 (Serenity)

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=331_4266 (Battlestar Galactica)

Honestly, I would really like MWP to create an original IP for their Cortex system, I always thought it was a neat system.

AlphaWhelp

Shark Aficionado
Validated User
I have the Cortex system book, actually. My only real complaint with it is that it is too small with not enough information to truly be a run-whatever-you-want system. Systems with similar themes are often quite massive, Hero System 6th has like, 2 books that are almost 400 pages each that you need to play. Strands of Fate is another massive, massive book, though much smaller than Hero. Cortex is really really small compared to these other generic RPGs.

cjh

Solar Flare Blind
I have the Cortex system book, actually. My only real complaint with it is that it is too small with not enough information to truly be a run-whatever-you-want system. Systems with similar themes are often quite massive, Hero System 6th has like, 2 books that are almost 400 pages each that you need to play. Strands of Fate is another massive, massive book, though much smaller than Hero. Cortex is really really small compared to these other generic RPGs.
This seems an odd complaint since the rules in the generic book aren't any less involved than the rules in BSG or Serenity. I see needing 400 pages of rules to play something to be a weakness rather than a strength.

AlphaWhelp

Shark Aficionado
Validated User
I guess, perhaps, a better way for me to word the complaint, is that Cortex seems to be set up in such a way that it gives you the tools you need to create the rules you need, when I'd rather just have the rules handed to me.

Godfather Punk

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind
Validated User
Anywhere I can get the dead tree versions of these on the cheap?
I don't know about cheap, but Orcs' Nest had most of them (Serenity & BSG) a few months ago.

Edit: I see there's a Supernatural bundle up too, but I already have everything (at normal price). Is there anything new in the pipeline for Supernatural?

Last edited:

Gary Thomas

It's all about the table
Validated User
I guess, perhaps, a better way for me to word the complaint, is that Cortex seems to be set up in such a way that it gives you the tools you need to create the rules you need, when I'd rather just have the rules handed to me.
And thats why you play Savage Worlds - short, sweet, comprehensive, and only:D 10 bucks.

Top Bottom