• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Mario Maker 2: Its out.

SuperZero

Probably up to something.
Validated User
On the first day I mostly played story mode. Last night I made a course targetted at multiplayer versus, with four distinct (but functionally nearly identical) paths. Warp boxes staying open in multiplayer makes it imperfect, though—I don’t have a way to actually force players to take different paths.
Resetting to the beginning doesn’t help, either, but I’d need at least two checkpoints per area to prevent it.

FCF-L91-BXF

Most of the online multiplayer I’ve done has been super laggy, though. Maybe it’ll be better once that initial rush of interest wears down a bit.
Made a few improvents and uploaded the same course again. New ID is:

BY5-R6B-QSG

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Something else I stumbled on: If you are using the Construction power up, you can make crates by holding up and y. They function like normal crates (you can pick them up and throw them, and use them to stand on) the one limit is you can only have five out at a time, when you go over the oldest one vanishes.

Also, it amuses me that the desert skin in Super Mario World is just chocolate Island. And because of how it looks and the fact the tune for it is this jaunty accordion tune, most people use it to make mountain like levels.

SuperZero

Probably up to something.
Validated User
I wish there was a little more instruction about how things work--or am I just not seeing that?

Specifically at the moment I'm thinking of rankings for Multiplayer. Are they completely distinct from regular rankings? I played a neat course which heavily used On/Off Switches... completely unplayable with four players hitting the switches and trying to do the platforming, but it seemed pretty cool. Do I give it a Like or a Boo?

Crinos

Validated User
So, I just completed the story mode. That was a fun little thing.

Crinos

Validated User
I got two more levels I want to bring attention to because they are so interesting and unique I feel the need to talk about them.

Blaster Bustle" w1w 309 brg

Kamek's transformation curse: r1d 788 wyf

Just... play these levels. You wont be sorry,

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
You aren't wrong! They're fun!

Edit: You know, let me add something more substantial: the courses I've made so far.

Trapeze Training: MLH BCW 0KF - it's a very easy course, intended to let people play around with the swinging trapeze. They seem very popular in other levels so this gives a nice way to mess around with it while still giving a bit of a Mario-level challenge.

Minnesota Mario and the Big Coin: BTM 130 J8G - An attempt at a more puzzle-based story level; I added comments loosely relating what each 'scene' represents, but even without them the basic idea of Mario as Indiana Jones should come across. Uses the Super Mario Land 'super ball' powerup for most of the temple, whereas the remainder of the course is pure platforming action.

Florida Man Gathers Pink Coins: 378 318 6PG - Experimenting with what the 3D World skin has to offer. I'm not entirely happy with this one, but it's a nonlinear challenge level where you pick up three pink coins in any order for a key; the checkpoint can be hit at any time to save your progress if you find one area especially tricky.

Deep Deep Down: 3M4 8B0 HSF - A vertical level that takes you to the very center of the Earth, or at least the bit of the Earth the Mushroom Kingdom is on. Spin jumping is the major theme of the level.
(see below)

Last edited:

Caseyg

Validated User
I made a couple of levels. They're all very traditional, but if that's your thing then here's the codes:

"Going Up and Down (among other things)"
RQD-2X3-CWF

"CAVES"
Q3M-6XR-B0G

"Koopa Forest"
SXW-XN8-H8G

"Climb Time"
X0B-W29-G8G

Note: The titles might be in Japanese...

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I made a couple of levels. They're all very traditional, but if that's your thing then here's the codes:
Nothing wrong with 'levels you might find in an actual Mario game' as opposed to nothing but Kaizo craziness.

"Going Up and Down (among other things)"
RQD-2X3-CWF
I liked this one, although I think it'd be good to have an arrow early on, after the first rise/fall, due to it being something of a leap of faith otherwise.

"CAVES"
Q3M-6XR-B0G
This one, on the other hand, was pure platform satisfaction in every way. I liked how things slowly ramped up, with some dangerous looking but not really dangerous bits early on ramping up to some real challenge, but it never felt cheap.

"Koopa Forest"
SXW-XN8-H8G

This on, on the other hand, felt very rough. That said, I saw it was tagged Multiplayer so I may not have experienced it at its best. It felt like a lot of the "kid playing around with Mario Maker" levels where it's just stuff plopped down any old way, although not quite as bad as all that.

"Climb Time"
X0B-W29-G8G

I liked this one as well. I found the big coin placement noteworthy, although I felt like the 10 coins over the springs should have had something to make getting them from the top more difficult, or remove the springs and cut down the level timer a tiny bit to make it more of a 'do I speedrun or go for coins?' dilemma. (as it is, I was hardly speeding along and made it with 140+ on the timer.)

Caseyg

Validated User
Nothing wrong with 'levels you might find in an actual Mario game' as opposed to nothing but Kaizo craziness.

I liked this one, although I think it'd be good to have an arrow early on, after the first rise/fall, due to it being something of a leap of faith otherwise.

This one, on the other hand, was pure platform satisfaction in every way. I liked how things slowly ramped up, with some dangerous looking but not really dangerous bits early on ramping up to some real challenge, but it never felt cheap.

"Koopa Forest"
SXW-XN8-H8G

This on, on the other hand, felt very rough. That said, I saw it was tagged Multiplayer so I may not have experienced it at its best. It felt like a lot of the "kid playing around with Mario Maker" levels where it's just stuff plopped down any old way, although not quite as bad as all that.

"Climb Time"
X0B-W29-G8G

I liked this one as well. I found the big coin placement noteworthy, although I felt like the 10 coins over the springs should have had something to make getting them from the top more difficult, or remove the springs and cut down the level timer a tiny bit to make it more of a 'do I speedrun or go for coins?' dilemma. (as it is, I was hardly speeding along and made it with 140+ on the timer.)
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback.

So far I've only tried "Deep Deep Down," but I couldn't finish it. I got stuck in a spin jump animation on top of a thwomp with no way to die or get out. Overall, I liked the level concept though...

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback.

So far I've only tried "Deep Deep Down," but I couldn't finish it. I got stuck in a spin jump animation on top of a thwomp with no way to die or get out. Overall, I liked the level concept though...
Yeah, that's a bug I discovered after uploading I should fix up; the rest of the level doesn't have that issue.

Top Bottom