• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Marvel 616 and MCU] I love inconsequential, slice-of-life headcanons

That Other Guy

Validated User
I don't know why but the idea of comic characters that have weird little idiosyncrasies and minor details about the world makes me really happy. Nothing huge, world-shaking or even canon, but things like:

"Mystique as a habit of turning into celebrities and getting coffee in random cafes for kicks"

"In the marvel universe, Elsa was confirmed as the first mutant Disney princess, and was voiced by Dazzler"

"Due to his years of training under strict masters, Danny Rand will instantly wake up and make his bed if he hears a gong while he sleeps as a Pavlovian response. Luke Cage learned this and uses it when he's annoyed with Danny."

"Daredevil has a bit of a fanbase in the New York Satanist church"

"The first halloween after Steve Rogers was woken up he was very excited that adults dressed up and went out. He got himself a big black trenchoat, fedora, red scarf and shouted 'WHO KNOWS WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MAN?' None of the other Avengers got it."

"Clint Barton, as a veteran, got counselling after the Battle of New York. The counsellor was Sam Wilson"

"Nick fury hates green skittles, Maria Hill loves them. He claims it's why they work so well together."

"Doctor Doom is terrible at chess, but refuses to admit it."

"When Hercules feels homesick or nostalgic he watches the most lurid soap operas he can find."

"Peter Parker collects Pez despensers. He almost cried when they started making Spider-Man ones"

Chaot

I feel that people should be Celebrated.
Validated User
I got to the Halloween one before I figured out these had not actually occurred in a comic book. Mostly because Steve Rogers dressed as The Shadow is too beautiful for this fragile world to contain.

Random_Interrupt

Brutal Games Developer
Validated User
"The first halloween after Steve Rogers was woken up he was very excited that adults dressed up and went out. He got himself a big black trenchoat, fedora, red scarf and shouted 'WHO KNOWS WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MAN?' None of the other Avengers got it."
The idea of an excited Steve Rogers making a his-period-approprate pop culture reference made me giggle uncontrollably in work, good show. :D

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
I don't know why but the idea of comic characters that have weird little idiosyncrasies and minor details about the world makes me really happy. Nothing huge, world-shaking or even canon, but things like:

"Mystique as a habit of turning into celebrities and getting coffee in random cafes for kicks"

"In the marvel universe, Elsa was confirmed as the first mutant Disney princess, and was voiced by Dazzler"

"Due to his years of training under strict masters, Danny Rand will instantly wake up and make his bed if he hears a gong while he sleeps as a Pavlovian response. Luke Cage learned this and uses it when he's annoyed with Danny."

"Daredevil has a bit of a fanbase in the New York Satanist church"

"Clint Barton, as a veteran, got counselling after the Battle of New York. The counsellor was Sam Wilson"

"Nick fury hates green skittles, Maria Hill loves them. He claims it's why they work so well together."

"Doctor Doom is terrible at chess, but refuses to admit it."

"When Hercules feels homesick or nostalgic he watches the most lurid soap operas he can find."

"Peter Parker collects Pez despensers. He almost cried when they started making Spider-Man ones"
Those are pretty good :)

I'd probably be more fond of headcanons if I saw more like that. But the ones I see floating are often... not so very good or well thought out :(

That Other Guy

Validated User
"See Tony? Now you know how I feel every time you quote Star Wars."
Headcanon: Clint physically slapped Tony into silence the first time he was going to say "Luke, I am your father" in front of Steve, because he's one of the few people on the planet that twist hasn't been spoiled for. That night they had an original trilogy marathon

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
I got to the Halloween one before I figured out these had not actually occurred in a comic book. Mostly because Steve Rogers dressed as The Shadow is too beautiful for this fragile world to contain.
Great, now I'm picturing the opening of the next Avengers as a period appropriate costume party and trying to figure out who plays who. Cap as the Shadow could work, but I also like the idea of Banner as the Shadow, given the catch phrase. Tony as the Rocketeer also works. Not sure who else is available. The Phantom? What other 30s pulp characters are available?

That Other Guy

Validated User
Great, now I'm picturing the opening of the next Avengers as a period appropriate costume party and trying to figure out who plays who. Cap as the Shadow could work, but I also like the idea of Banner as the Shadow, given the catch phrase. Tony as the Rocketeer also works. Not sure who else is available. The Phantom? What other 30s pulp characters are available?
Steve: The Shadow
Tony: The Rocketeer
Bruce: Doc Savage
Thor: Tarzan (at Darcy's insistence)
Clint and Natasha: The Spirit and Lady Luck

Last edited:

MuscaDomestica

Help Me!
Validated User
Headcanon: Clint physically slapped Tony into silence the first time he was going to say "Luke, I am your father" in front of Steve, because he's one of the few people on the planet that twist hasn't been spoiled for. That night they had an original trilogy marathon
Well it is cannon in the movies that he saw Star Wars

And War Games for some reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom