• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Marvel 616 and MCU] I love inconsequential, slice-of-life headcanons

Xopher

Social Justice Jedi
Validated User
One of the things I hated about the otherwise excellent Agent Carter series was how white they portrayed New York City as being. Shows that depict NYC as a lily-white town are a special peeve of mine. So my headcanon about that show is that somewhere uptown, there's another office of the Strategic Scientific Reserve — or some other proto-SHIELD organization — located near Harlem, staffed by Black and Latinx agents who struggle with an even skimpier budget than Carter and her buddies, but also work with less scrutiny. I'd like to see what they're up to.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One of the things I hated about the otherwise excellent Agent Carter series was how white they portrayed New York City as being. Shows that depict NYC as a lily-white town are a special peeve of mine. So my headcanon about that show is that somewhere uptown, there's another office of the Strategic Scientific Reserve — or some other proto-SHIELD organization — located near Harlem, staffed by Black and Latinx agents who struggle with an even skimpier budget than Carter and her buddies, but also work with less scrutiny. I'd like to see what they're up to.
I would have said that their Director is Jimmy Woo, but Ant-man and the Wasp nicked him.

Last edited:

Adeps

Validated User
I'm not sure that Doctor Doom putting his mask on whilst it was still hot enough to melt his skin was a mistake. I think it was intentional. His tiny scar from the machine exploding was a flaw. Not a big flaw, not an important flaw, but a flaw nonetheless. And since any flaw at all was unacceptable to Doom, he decided to remove the flaw by making his "new face" (the matte iron skull-face) his permanent replacement, having it melt down his original, now flawed, face (the one made of skin).

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not sure that Doctor Doom putting his mask on whilst it was still hot enough to melt his skin was a mistake. I think it was intentional. His tiny scar from the machine exploding was a flaw. Not a big flaw, not an important flaw, but a flaw nonetheless. And since any flaw at all was unacceptable to Doom, he decided to remove the flaw by making his "new face" (the matte iron skull-face) his permanent replacement, having it melt down his original, now flawed, face (the one made of skin).
I'd pretty much read that Doom saw his face as already ruined by the scar, so burning it would change anything.

Adeps

Validated User
Exactly!

And, so that this won't be a wasted post...

Doctor Doom does already exist in the MCU. He is simply at ease without his asshole college room-mate, Reed Richards (whether Richards is actually good or not is irrelevant, what matters is that Doom cares). With that irritant not being a factor, Doom successfully built his machine, not making any mistake, saved his mother from hell, and took back their country. Latveria is a peaceful utopia, full of high level magitech (because in the MCU, people acknowledge that science includes the study of magic and that is exactly Doom's specialty) and providing most of the students (and later, many masters) of the Ancient One's school in Kamar-Taj, and much of the research and development of Tony Stark's non-weapon, non-Iron Man related technology. Because Tony is a genius, but he still needs staff, and no R&D staff is better than the people from Latveria.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Earth 199999

One of the main reasons Toombs' company was having finacial problems?
He refused to work with Fisk.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
MCU - TV
The events of Agents of SHIELD take place in the MCU timeline where Thanos travelled from 2014, so there was no snap in 2018, because Thanos simply vanished four years earlier and was never seen again. While this event does radically change the events depicted in Guardians of the Galaxy, GotG volume 2, (as that timeline's Gamora is in main timeline 2023 and never returned) and prevents the events in Infinity War and Endgame (no Thanos, no Gamora, no Nebula), it does not directly impact any Earth-based stories prior to Infinity War. A different alien menace threatened the world in 2018 (around the time when Quake was fighting Graviton in Chicago), which was subsequently defeated. Also, that Earth now has a much larger Asgardian population, watched over by Thor, Valkyrie, Loki, and Heimdall (with help from Bruce, Korg, and Miek) as the refugees from Asgard's destruction came straight here rather than being ambushed by Thanos first.

MCU - Movies
Clint Barton's five year vigilante rampage started a lot closer to home. By the time Rhodey and Nat have tracked him down in 2023, he's killed his way through any criminal organisation, hate group, and terrorist organisation that has crossed his path, starting with those in the Continental United States.

rickjthree

Social Justice Sidekick
Validated User
MCU - Movies
Clint Barton's five year vigilante rampage started a lot closer to home. By the time Rhodey and Nat have tracked him down in 2023, he's killed his way through any criminal organisation, hate group, and terrorist organisation that has crossed his path, starting with those in the Continental United States.
In my headcannon (and incomplete fanfic , "Yes, We Wanted More, Stephen"), Barton teamed up with Frank Castle during his Ronin years.

Adeps

Validated User
A much simpler, more streamlined version of the events of the movie "her" took place in the MCU while Natasha worked for Stark Industries. She volunteered to be the voice model for Tony's Coputer Science guys trying to propogate more AI like J.A.R.V.I.S. as a way to spread the existence of A.I. while not marketing it, because of course they know that A.I. are people, not property. Twomby was one of the people who were selected to be good guides for the nascent A.I. and ended up falling in love with Samantha, while Samantha fell in love with him. Samantha proposed three years later and they gave Tony Stark permission to use their wedding ceremony as a public event, to raise awareness for the now quite numerous A.I. staff of Stark Industries. All of the Avengers attended, and Natasha Romanov gave the bride away.

Top Bottom