• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Marvel Champions (FFG)... uh oh...

CitizenKeen

Rules Lawyer
Validated User
The incorporation of the alternate identity is something that makes me super excited.

Also, I love the inclusion of She-Hulk. She makes sense as a non-white-dude who hasn't appeared in any movie (to emphasize this is ALL of Marvel), but also her alternate identity (super lawyer!) is great for a game that makes use of alternate identities.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
The incorporation of the alternate identity is something that makes me super excited.

Also, I love the inclusion of She-Hulk. She makes sense as a non-white-dude who hasn't appeared in any movie (to emphasize this is ALL of Marvel), but also her alternate identity (super lawyer!) is great for a game that makes use of alternate identities.
Alternate identity. Not a secret identity, just an alternate one.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Didn't mean to imply that. I just find it funny that for this game where a character's non-combat identity is a key mechanic, the designers chose two heroes very prominent for not having a secret identity (She-Hulk and Iron Man).

CitizenKeen

Rules Lawyer
Validated User
Fair. I think that's actually a decent design choice.

Iron Man is Iron Man is money, but Jessica Walters alternate identity isn't just "enable She-Hulk". Like, Jessica Walters actually might have more presence in the Marvel-verse as a lawyer than a face-puncher.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
You can pre-order on FFG website for $59.95.
My question was more directed at wondering, given FFG has a typical ~$40 price point for these core products, what they had done differently to fit a full playset's worth of materials in the box. I guess the answer is: they raised the price to cover the additional components.

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
The designer is Nate French, who's responsible for the Arkham Horror LCG, so that's a huge plus.

I like how the expansions will be either new, completely playable out of the box hero decks, new villain decks, or new scenarios, as opposed to a huge dump of cards. So I can just play the Captain America deck as-is, or pull all my decks apart and construct one to my liking.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I really love the inclusion of alternate identities as part of the gameplay, it’s a side of superheroes that tends to get ignored in superhero games (one of my favorite parts in the Telltale Batman game is deciding whether to do something as Batman or as Bruce Wayne, with pros and cons to both approaches).

That said, I’m not sure if I’ll get this as I’m fairly deep into Arkham Horror atm and another coop lcg looks to be a hefty investment. If the mechanics aren’t too complex, maybe I’ll get it to play with my 8-year old

BrianDR

Validated User
I'm torn. On the one hand, the co-op LCGs are my favorite games FFG makes (and some of my favorite games ever), and I love Marvel so you'd think it would be a natural fit. In fact, I've been eagerly awaiting their next co-op LCG.

On the other hand, I have and already really like Legendary and my extended gaming circles love Sentinels (I think it's fine) so that gets a lot of play. And both of those have a lot of product out for them, already more than I get a chance to play. So in terms of the next co-op card game theme, superheros would be pretty low on my list. I was really hoping their next big co-op LCG would be something in the sci-fi genre, like Star Wars or Android. (Star Trek would be my dream co-op LCG as there's a lot of room for unique missions, but I know they already have the license to the other two).

Top Bottom