• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Marvel Champions (FFG)... uh oh...

thewhippinggirl

Still being assembled.
Validated User
This looks interesting, I love the Arkham Horror LCG so I am sure this will be good too. Might wait a while until heroes come out I actually like though

JasonKW

Validated User
I am so excited by this. The news came just before pulling the trigger on Arkham, so that's great. Gotta move soon, so the less the better.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Team Covenant has a couple of unboxing videos along with two gameplay videos where they go through the mechanics and some of the cards in some detail. I haven't watched the unboxings, but the gameplay videos taught me that this game looks... kinda good? I mean it seems polished and good at what it's supposed to do; I'm just not sure it's a game for me.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I watched the Team Covenant gameplay vidoes and loved how thematic it was. Tony Stark spent the first few rounds building his armor, and when he finally emerged he’d built this complex and efficient machine for taking out the bad guys and saving the day. T’Challa bided his time waiting for the perfect moment to strike, although he was occasionally distracted by affairs of state. Spidey was goading the enemy to hit him, and when he got hurt he has to go home to Aunt May. She-Hulk was balancing between punching the villain in the face and thwarting the villain’s schemes through the courts. Carol Danvers called in allies and support from her orbital station and was a total powerhouse when she took to the field. I also love that each hero has a personal nemesis that can sometimes join the mix and mess up everything.

Still not sure if I want to get this as I’m already deep into Arkham Horror, but as a Marvel fan I appreciate how thematic they’ve made it

Senex

Gunboat Diplomat
Validated User
I am sorely, sorely tempted by this, and there's only the fact that a) I have a lot of Sentinels of the Multiverse stuff and b) I'm more of a DC fan holding me back. Wonder how long my willpower will last once I see it on the shelves.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
Good to see there’s a lot of space for more complex scenarios than the introductory Rhino and Klaw scenarios!

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
So a villain who has a secret identity like the heroes do? Lots of fun and design room there!

Looks like the art is comic-booky in the best and worst ways...

Top Bottom