• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[Marvel/Cortex Heroic] Interest and Recruitment for a Superhero Campaign

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
[QUOTE="angille, post: 22329205, member: 63637"H.U.N.T.E.R. – The Wreck-ening[/QUOTE]
:love:

I too am onboard with all the "we" stuff; it fits my ideas perfectly.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Well, I'm glad I went with "the wrecking crew" as the joke rather than "legion of boom".

Is the team's official name "The Reckoners" which the media joked should really be "The Wreckoners"? I LOVE "H.U.N.T.E.R.: The Wreckoning" as a title for the game.

Regardless, I am glad that I did not overstep by attempting to incorporate and extrapolate others' ideas for the "we" statements.

Is there anything else we want/need to cover? I like all the characters (though I fear Steel-Angel is terrible because neuroses. If she is poorly made please let me know so I can implement changes... I really like her as a character but I expect that I am not terribly competent at this game in play).

As Steel-Angel is the fastest, she likely combat drops slower characters as necessary. Who has a handhold on the back of their uniform? 😉

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wouldn't worry about character effectiveness. It's hard to make a "bad" character, and I assume we have some room to shift things around if it turns out we've made mechanical choices that don't line up with how we envision our characters.

Leviathan probably loves being air-dropped onto the enemy, and if all that's needed are handholds on her uniform that's a small price to pay. :)

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sure, and many times you don't realize these kinds of things until you play the character.
That's been my experience as well.

But here, where you'll always have at least decent dice (assuming you have two power sets, which I had forgotten), and pretty good if you can use your good-to-middling powers and a specialty, you'll never be too bad off even if you don't have any plot points.

Old Man Vegan

Validated User
The whole two power sets thing is funny. I've only played in one actual MHR game and I played Iron Fist (one power set). Another player had Spidey and his use of his second power set for just about every action spoke to the player's insecurities (or at least that was my interpretation). Instead of ever just dodging an attack, the player always dodged with the use of his webs to get that Swingline die. ("I slingshot myself out of the way!") It reminded me of a Fate Accelerated player who always spammed their best Approach for just about every action, too. o_O

angille

Validated User
It reminded me of a Fate Accelerated player who always spammed their best Approach for just about every action, too. o_O
tbf, I think most people spam their best Approach and lean into their Aspects in real life as well. putting yourself in situations where you can leverage the things you're best at is... tactically sound.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I think it might be interesting if our HQ and/or team vehicle weren't HUNTER, so that we're obligated to different groups.

Our HUNTER ties involve being legitimized by them, but we owe someone else for the HQ. Maybe our connection to Leviathan?

Top Bottom