• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Marvel Puzzle Quest] The All New VO Avengers Thread

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't read anything X-related since... eXiles, I think? And that was as trades way after the fact. Most of what I've actively read were the butchered Swedish translations of the Claremont era, Dark Phoenix era and thereabouts.

The Oblivious

Validated User
Huh, all this talk about 4* Cyclops and I get the exact cover I need to champ him.

Hey, let's talk about 4* Deadpool, he's up next on my list. ;-)

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
4* Deadpool is solid, and he occasionally shows up even in 5* teams. His red does good damage and heals him, his purple does decent damage and denies the opposing team their strongest color, and his passive means the enemy has to attack him or take a lot of damage.

I'm not sure how strong he is on an all-4* team (though I remember him as being quite good), but he keeps his value much longer than most 4* when you're into the 5* transition.

Threlicus

Full of Stars
Validated User
4* Deadpool is solid, and he occasionally shows up even in 5* teams. His red does good damage and heals him, his purple does decent damage and denies the opposing team their strongest color, and his passive means the enemy has to attack him or take a lot of damage.

I'm not sure how strong he is on an all-4* team (though I remember him as being quite good), but he keeps his value much longer than most 4* when you're into the 5* transition.
He sees a decent amount of use for me, ensconsed in 4*-land, but with a good number of champed 4*s now. He can be handy against the extremely common Grockdusa or Gritty teams in particular. One thing I've done against Grocket + Bishop + Peggy in Simulator is Grocket/Dazzler/DP -- Dazzler is the important bit for the first turn (make your first match with Dazzler, then Bishop takes the hit, hits Dazzler back, DP gets a retaliation, and Dazzler wipes out half the opponent strikes and stuns Bishop for 4 or 5 turns, enough to kill him with the strikes of your own) but DP is really good to help with the later turns -- his countdowns count for Dazzler's green, and his red is a big finisher. Not great on defense of course because the opponent doesn't have to hit Dazzler.

I think he's not quite as good on defense, because it's pretty easy for me as the player to just kill DP first, with most teams (Bishop and Thing being notable exceptions to this), so I frequently choose to attack when I see him as part of a team. You do have to avoid bringing team damage unless you also have a cheap stun available...

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, he's much worse on defense unless you have a full team of "I clearly can't hit that one first" characters, and those generally don't do very well anyway.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Rescue unlocked! Only one power, of course, but when fired it puts out some rather burly Protect tiles, and if there are tiles already in place, either converts all of your Strike tiles into Protect, or boosts existing Protect tiles. In the current event, I'm running in the level 11-125 bracket (I think) and she's reducing damage down to 1 only mid- to low-matches when first deploying the power and further iterations just make things stupid, especially since her support puts up a shield around a special tile every other turn or so.

Top Bottom