• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Masks: Sanguine Squad

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
There's two team points in the pool thanks to Quicksilver, so in theory two people could spend them to boost Bell's miss to a hit.

Also, Chao, remember that on a 7-9 provoke the target can still do what you were after, they just have the option to take one of the choices.

Last edited:

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Brick (Beth Sanderton), the Bull

I was kidnapped by a shadowy villain organisation who wanted a new super soldier. I went in at 16, spent two years undergoing the upgrades and training, and another two in a villainous army before they went too far and I broke the brainwashing and escaped. When they took me, I was small, shy, bookish and smart. Now I'm 6'4" tall and made of augmented muscle, pretty much perfect physically, and the training drilled combat skills into my brain so deep I see everything through their lens. I'm not who I once was, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing, does it? I'm still getting used to being free.

Spoiler: Show

Look: Woman, white, battered hands, casual clothing, simple costume.

Abilities: superhumanly tough, incredibly strong, perfect combat skills

Danger +3 Freak +1 Savior -1 Superior +1 Mundane -1

Moves: In A China Shop, Thick and Thin Skinned

Bull's Heart Role
: Defender
Love: Shrapnel
Rival: Ehri

• Who changed you? The Shadow Empire, a villainous organisation that's trying to build a super soldier army. Apparently I fit some kind of requirements for the specific treatment they gave me, but I don't know the details - only that it wouldn't work on everyone. Thank god.

• How did you escape from them? The Empire went too far one day, and ordered me to kidnap a subject to be 'upgraded'. I couldn't do it, and I couldn't let anyone else do it either, so I took out the squad I was with and ran for the hills.

• Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now? Hayley was my best friend at school, and despite the missing years she's still my best friend outside the life. She's studying for a medical degree, and is kind of fascinated by the changes I've been through.

• Why do you try to be a hero? I've done enough harm with these powers working for a villain, lets see if I can do some good with them instead.

• Why do you care about the team?
They're weird too, and that means I kind of fit in. And… well, I'm not sure if it's my training or not, but I need a squad around me.

* Two years is quite a while to be away, and then you came back so different! Who in your family welcomed you back, and who was more...cautious?

My parents are trying to be accepting. I know they want to. But... it's hard on all of us. They keep expecting me to be the same girl I was a couple of years ago and I'm really, really not. My little brother, on the other hand, thinks I'm awesome now. That can be difficult in different ways but he's always genuinely pleased to see me and that means a lot.

* That means you didn't have a chance to finish high school. Do you have a plan around that?

I'm still struggling with that question. I want to get my GED, maybe go to community college... but it's not easy to plan for, and I'm not sure what my aim is with it now. Hayley's trying to help me study.

* Who's a superhero from a prior generation that you admire?

Champion! There's so much to admire about him, especially his calm under pressure and his unwillingness to compromise with bigotry. I want to be like him.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
There's two team points in the pool thanks to Quicksilver, so in theory two people could spend them to boost Bell's miss to a hit.

Also, Chao, remember that on a 7-9 provoke the target can still do what you were after, they just have the option to take one of the choices.
Is the roll correct? I thought Bell is at a +1 (from Savior) to the roll (not a +2), so the roll should be a 4, and we would need 3 Team.

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
Too busy to type up a response myself right now, but someone can maybe provoke Yellow Comet into saving the dude by bluffing that he's an important scientist. That would also play into the assessment.

Probably not worth squandering 2 team on an attack. You'll get more chances.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Welp, now that work isn't completely destroying my brain...

Ehri Garamel

Look: Woman, Strange Body, Glowing Eyes, Flashy Clothing, Alien Costume. Surrounded by cute little flying pet-things that are actually dangerous, heavily armed bodyguards.

Abilities: Flight, tough, Alien Weaponry, Heliokinesis

Danger -1, Freak +2, Savior +0, Superior +2, Mundane +0

Moves: Alien Tech, Not So Different After All, Kirby-Craft (A flying throne with a mostly-invisible bubble over it, with a supporting dias, covered in alien flowers. Strengths: Size-Changing, Regenerating. Weaknesses: Easily Detectable, Bizarre Fuel Source

Backstory
Where do you come from? The Former Gamri Empire, now the Democratic Free People's Stellar Republic.
Why did you come to Earth? The people rose up and overthrew Lord Garamel and the Gamri Republic, and started holding flashy public executions of every Gamri they could find. Daddy was a horrible tyrant and deserved it, but he loved me enough to do his best to send me somewhere that's actually quite far from the DFPSR as well as the Gamri Empire's neighbors, who weren't particularly fond of us, either.
Why do you want to stay here? Aside from the "Hiding" part, it's actually quite pleasant here, with actual naturally growing plants and animals, natural air you can breathe without filters, and everything. Yes, it's rather primitive, but that's something of a plus.
Why do your people want you to come home? I think they want to complete the collection for show trials and flashy executions. There might well also be technology that only a Gamri can activate, like my throne ship.
Why do you care about the team? They didn't even know the word "Gamri" or who Lord Garamel was, and they were nice to me despite that. Before now, I've just been a title, loved or hated for my father, and never appreciated for me.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
If he does not splat before my next action, I have a +3 savior roll for him. Impossible saves are a staple of comics.

Having Bell or someone able to provide a cushion of air or something to slow his fall would be good (i.e., ready to burn 1 team for a +1 to Gem's roll)

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nobody panic. I have more items in my toolkit than just killing NPCs. But if somebody who hasn't acted wants to save him, great!

(still catching up on posts)

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Ehri (aka Unka Josh) is the only one left for the first action, I think.

Top Bottom