OOC Masks: Sanguine Squad

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Once we're done with the Arquero scene I think Shrapnel and Brick need to report their findings to the rest of the Squad so we can work out how to proceed as a group.

Does it make more sense to hold off until the others are back, or to go ahead with the Bluefinch heist since that's presumably just Brick and Shrapnel?

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Once we're done with the Arquero scene I think Shrapnel and Brick need to report their findings to the rest of the Squad so we can work out how to proceed as a group.

Does it make more sense to hold off until the others are back, or to go ahead with the Bluefinch heist since that's presumably just Brick and Shrapnel?
I'm flexible, but I don't want you to feel like you have to do things in a certain order just because of RL timing issues. If you want to do the Bluefinch thing, that's fine, but if you want to wait and connect up with the group first, just do that.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My inclination is to jump to a scene back at hq where everybody can compare notes, but if that cramps anybody's style, say so.

(And really, any of you could kick that off too--it's not like there's a lot of scene-setting required.)

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I started this game (the IC and OOC threads) 1 year ago tomorrow as I write this--probably 1 year ago today by the time some of you see this post. 3 or you have been here since the beginning, and Squid came along later and fit right in.

You've all made it a breeze and a joy to run. I'm glad we've gotten to come so far, and I'm eager to find out what's next. Thank you!

In honor of our 1-year anniversary, please each of you take a free advance. (Don't reset potential or anything--just take the advance whenever you know how you want to spend it.)

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Oh, neat. Happy anniversary, folks!

I'm going to go ahead and change playbooks to Janus. I did consider jumping to Transformed or Doomed, with the alien metal growing out of control, but I think that's a darker direction than I want to take Ash's story.

I already have The Mask, and I'll take Game Face and Mild-Mannered. Labels, abilities, etc stay the same. Team moves presumably change over. For moves and extras, we need to decide what makes sense to keep or lose.

Friends in Low Places is gone. I think Drives make sense to stay, although I'd like to refresh the list if that's okay; the current two have been sitting there unused for a long time.

Do Me A Favour fits nicely with Janus. What The Hell, Hero should probably go.

I need to pick three obligations. College work is definitely one, and Ash's mom is another. I thought about Dr Natembe, but she can be the face of Ash's college obligation easily enough. In this post I set up a couple of other students on the engineering course who could slot into the 'best non-cape friend' role once we get to know them better, or we could bring back Wraithe in her civilian identity since it's been established she's out of the villain life and going to college.

Thoughts?

EDIT: No, wait, scratch the Wraithe idea. She already knows Ash is Shrapnel, and with her history I think that puts her too heavily on the mask side of Ash's life to work as a mundane obligation.

Last edited:

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, neat. Happy anniversary, folks!

I'm going to go ahead and change playbooks to Janus. I did consider jumping to Transformed or Doomed, with the alien metal growing out of control, but I think that's a darker direction than I want to take Ash's story.

I already have The Mask, and I'll take Game Face and Mild-Mannered. Labels, abilities, etc stay the same. Team moves presumably change over. For moves and extras, we need to decide what makes sense to keep or lose.

Friends in Low Places is gone. I think Drives make sense to stay, although I'd like to refresh the list if that's okay; the current two have been sitting there unused for a long time.

Do Me A Favour fits nicely with Janus. What The Hell, Hero should probably go.

I need to pick three obligations. College work is definitely one, and Ash's mom is another. I thought about Dr Natembe, but she can be the face of Ash's college obligation easily enough. In this post I set up a couple of other students on the engineering course who could slot into the 'best non-cape friend' role once we get to know them better, or we could bring back Wraithe in her civilian identity since it's been established she's out of the villain life and going to college.

Thoughts?

EDIT: No, wait, scratch the Wraithe idea. She already knows Ash is Shrapnel, and with her history I think that puts her too heavily on the mask side of Ash's life to work as a mundane obligation.
This sounds fun. I'll take some time over the weekend to look at it more closely.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm torn between what will probably be my last chance to get 3 new flares, or permanently stripping Rook from influence over Kelly and boosting a label.

Top Bottom