OOC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Happy anniversary! :)

I'm also torn - between the Overwhelm a Vulnerable Foe adult move, or You've Got a Head You Don't Need to let Brick use her Danger for provoke sometimes. Anyone have thoughts?

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Yeah, I was very tempted to take an adult move as well, but I figured I should finally do the playbook switch I've been building to.

Provoking with Danger and ending a fight in one decisive blow are both very Brick things to do. I'd maybe go for the Provoke since it lets you do something you otherwise struggle with, whereas Brick is already a force to be reckoned with in a fight.

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
I think you're right - the adult move is tempting because it's a new option, but being able to Provoke is probably more useful.

Thanks!

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm really tempted to lock Superior. I use it a lot, and it's so core to who Ehri is...

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, neat. Happy anniversary, folks!

I'm going to go ahead and change playbooks to Janus. I did consider jumping to Transformed or Doomed, with the alien metal growing out of control, but I think that's a darker direction than I want to take Ash's story.

I already have The Mask, and I'll take Game Face and Mild-Mannered. Labels, abilities, etc stay the same. Team moves presumably change over. For moves and extras, we need to decide what makes sense to keep or lose.

Friends in Low Places is gone. I think Drives make sense to stay, although I'd like to refresh the list if that's okay; the current two have been sitting there unused for a long time.

Do Me A Favour fits nicely with Janus. What The Hell, Hero should probably go.

I need to pick three obligations. College work is definitely one, and Ash's mom is another. I thought about Dr Natembe, but she can be the face of Ash's college obligation easily enough. In this post I set up a couple of other students on the engineering course who could slot into the 'best non-cape friend' role once we get to know them better, or we could bring back Wraithe in her civilian identity since it's been established she's out of the villain life and going to college.

Thoughts?

EDIT: No, wait, scratch the Wraithe idea. She already knows Ash is Shrapnel, and with her history I think that puts her too heavily on the mask side of Ash's life to work as a mundane obligation.
Short version: yes to all of this. This will be fun!

More details:
Agree that Do Me a Favor and Drives stay, and the rest goes. Absolutely reset the Drives list as you like.
Help me start fleshing out the obligations, especially those fellow students. (Ok by me to treat them as together being the best friend, or we can play them both and see who emerges, or just arbitrarily pick one.)

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Okay, I've done some wiki editing. Now, obligations:

We've met Ash's mom several times. She works in a lab as a technician. She can be demanding and protective, but she and Ash care about each other a lot. She'd be horrified to know that her daughter was a superhero; think about what she'd have gone through when Ash was injured a couple of years ago and she nearly lost her. And that's without the whole former villain aspect. Likely obligations are going to be things like family meals, helping out at home, meeting Ash's friends, and generally wanting to be involved in her life.

An engineering degree is going to be challenging and time-consuming, especially alongside superhero-ing. I figure having Dr Natembe as a tutor makes sense. Likely obligations are homework, group projects, and being expected to be in class regularly.

Arjun Rao and Jiali Zhang are fellow HCU engineering students. They were there over the summer when Ash was given the tour, so they're probably in the year above. Arjun is working on an AI nexus; he's neat and orderly, quiet but intense. Jiali is experimenting with antigrav; she's just as smart but her bench is always a mess, and she tends to work in chaotic bursts of energy. I figure there's probably a little social circle of these two and a couple of other misfit students who spend a lot of their free time in the Junkyard messing with advanced tech or hanging out watching sci-fi movies and eating takeaway, and Ash can get adopted by the group easily enough. I'd probably pick Jiali if we're sorting it out right now, but I'm fine for us to take it as it comes and see where things go.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If someone wants to summarize the plan, that would speed up the process of getting the next IC post up.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
I think everyone has a role, but I'm a bit confused about timing.

I thought Stitch and Ehri were going to publicly visit Bluefinch during the day to get a closer look at the building's security systems and layout, and then the actual raid would be that night or another day. Shrapnel could cause a distraction by appearing to case the joint and deliberately getting seen while the other three broke in and looked for a store room and/or a server room to track down the relic.

But it sounds like people are talking about everything happening at once, so only Brick is doing the break-in?

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think some confusion happened, but I do think a Bluefinch Charm Offensive and Scouting Run is a good plan. The only real issue is giving everyone else something to do during the Charm Offensive.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think some confusion happened, but I do think a Bluefinch Charm Offensive and Scouting Run is a good plan. The only real issue is giving everyone else something to do during the Charm Offensive.
Brick & Shrapnel could in the meantime get up to something related but else - asking around from other contacts about Finch? Maybe they approach AEGIS or something? Or they could work on getting more info on Rook.

Top Bottom