• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Squid - I generally agree with BlackSheep, though I might go even further on the side of you having 'free will.' The rules obligate you to take the shift (since you've chosen not to resist it), which means you are thinking of yourself more as Superior and less as an ordinary person. And her words landed, so you take them seriously on some level.

But what you do with them is still up to you.

If you'd tried to resist and missed, I might've set up a thing where you got XP if you did it or suffered if you didn't - but not in this case.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We seem kinda stalled. If anybody wants to help me understand why and what would help, that'd be great.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For me, it's the unclearness of the objectives at this point. For me, personally, when we get several strong messages pointing us in opposing directions, I tend to hesitate, because it feels to me like whatever choice we make may well turn out to be the wrong one.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For me, it's the unclearness of the objectives at this point. For me, personally, when we get several strong messages pointing us in opposing directions, I tend to hesitate, because it feels to me like whatever choice we make may well turn out to be the wrong one.
Well, that sucks. Not the situation I'd intended to get.

I'm pondering, but others can weigh in.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
I'll try to weigh in later today, but I'm working an open day today and tomorrow so I might be frazzled.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Stitch is planning to push ahead despite the timeline shenanigans, but I'm unclear how much the new factors interfere with existing plans.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Not enough brain for an IC post, but as I understand it this is all connected. The Squad is planning on helping Bell Senior rout Rook and uncover what they're up to. Doctor Infinity has warned Stitch that doing so risks disrupting the timestream. Ash has found out that some big-name villains have been hanging out here doing something for Rook, and from the team's discovery it looks like Mister Blight is one of them. Having been foiled in Halcyon, he's now trying his 'recreate the techy sterile future today' plan on Tormentosa, and that's one of the bad future things Bell Junior is trying to stop.

So it sounds like we're still going ahead with the raid in the morning, but some of the team are currently trying some low-key investigation first, to sneak into the blighted area and poke around. Is that right?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
FYI: I will be traveling from Sunday June 30 to July 8 with questionable internet access, and with better access until July 14. If I can get posting time, I will prioritize the games I'm in but please feel free to move my character around as needed next week if I'm holding things up.

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We appear to be bogged down. Not sure if that's the standard group-decision delay on PBP or something more. I didn't push sooner because I had some RL stuff that limited my availability. Now that's more stable.

So we can:
1) Get a decision made and push on
2) Have me force the issue to end the opportunity for debate
3) Talk about what needs to change (if something does)
4) Take a hiatus for a while and see if we reach a point of wanting to pick back up

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm definitely still wanting to be around!

I think we might just be needing a push on a decisive choice to move forward here. I think Unka Josh has been pretty wiped out from post-post-illness stuff this week, but maybe Ehri can make the call when he's up to it?

Top Bottom