• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There came a day when only a group of young women were able to stand between Halcyon City and the sinister scheme of Zentrum. Together, they prevailed, and still they struggle on—against the villains that plague the city and the inner demons they each carry with them.

This is the world’s most inspiring comics magazine…the ongoing tales of the incomparable Sanguine Squad!!
The first page is a splash showing the front of the Rook Industries main building, under assault by a flying man in a garish yellow and red costume. He is flinging similarly-colored giant fireballs at the building, having already done some serious damage. His dialogue is equally over-the-top.

Yellow Comet said:
Your corruption ends today, Rook Industries! You fall at the hands of the Yellow Comet!
The next page is a series of quick panels showing the damage he is causing and the limited ability of Rook Industries to respond:
• Security guards shooting and missing him
• People trying to flee, but encountering more of the fireballs
• A businessman hanging out of a whole blasted in the wall
• Smoke pouring out an upper window
• And down at ground level, a ninja-type person in black and dark green slipping into a door in the confusion

OOC: Gem and Quicksilver, you’ve tangled with this “Yellow Comet” guy before. He’s of the opinion that the world, at least the US, is hopelessly corrupt and that the whole system needs to be torn down to let something else take its place. He likes to rant in his Hispanic accent about how the mighty abuse the common people and like that, but he’s not very discriminate with who he actually endangers.

Quicksilver, how did your fight with him get covered in the media?
Gem, how did he manage to get away from you?

Everybody—describe how you arrive at the scene, show off your character, take an initial action if you want.
 

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
Flashback:
Last time Nora and Gem tangled with the Yellow Comet, it was in run down low rent district. We were visiting Quinn for some repairs. Quinn, since he couldn't find legitimate medical work, was taking work for the disadvantaged folks who didn't want too many questions asked.

On the way out, we stumbled across Yellow Comet. He apparently knew about us and didn't want us interfering with what was going down. A brawl ensued.

Most of the local news channels were just happy we were "On the scene," note that we "protected the citizens" and "sent the nefarious villain packing".

But Glen Jacobs' article the next day was a bit more wince-inducing. His article questioned why we were there ("Don't draw attention to Quinn!" Nora exclaimed on reading it) and speculated that the fight didn't exactly end on our terms. Yellow Comet's accomplices managed to make an escape with whatever they were hiding before they fled the scene.

Panel.
A patchwork motorcycle streams down the freeway. Half rust. Half chrome. No rider.*

At least it looks like no rider, until the next panel zooms in, showing Quicksilver's face above the handlebars on the front of the bike, and her limbs contorted into a series of bars and pistons controlling the bike. As it arrives close to the fleeing people, the bike skids to a stop and Quicksilver's liquid form flows off of the bike into a standing position, and the bike itself falls into peices. She glances around, spots an awning covering a bike shed. She impromptu turns her limbs into a series of tools and pivots to wrench the awning free and use it to protect the group of fleeing civilians from a burst of flame.

OOC: Triggering the Defend Someone or Something move on the fleeing civilians.
Defend the civilians: 2d6+1 12
Since I don't know these folks from Adam or Eve, I'll choose Add a Team to the Pool.


OOC: *Edit-if it's fun or convenient and one of you wants to actually be riding the motorcycle, I'll edit accordingly.
 
Last edited:

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"I mean, let's face it, he's not exactly wrong about Rook," Shrapnel mutters over the communicators. Then, louder: "I've got the endangered suit. Someone want to grab Comet's attention away from the civilians?"

Shrapnel's armoured form lowers into view, all black and silver, her scarred mask turning to face the businessman dangling from the hole in the wall as she reaches a gloved hand out towards him.

And apparently her reputation precedes her. The suit tries to scramble away from her, eyes wide with fear. "No, wait, I'm here to help-" she protests, but in his panic he loses his grip and slips from his precarious position.

"Oh hell," Shrapnel swears, grabbing at his falling form and missing.

OOC: Defend roll gets a 2.

Fail, and marking potential. Great start.
 
Last edited:

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Jen Calley aka Gem aka Assessin'

Jen begins studying the situation from a nearby rooftop. Her super-strength allowed her great freedom to get from street level to the tops of buildings, though it was not nearly as useful as the true flight that Diamond had had. Her eyes narrow as she watches the Yellow Rocket. "When things get rough, he'll fly up and away at top speed," she warns the others, "That's how he escaped us before."

OOC: Assessment: 2d6+2 14 - This will be my only good roll in the entire game.
What here can I use to prevent Yellow Rocket from escaping?
What here is in the greatest danger? => THIS HAS AN OBVIOUS ANSWER.
How could we best end this quickly?


She begins filling in her team on how to handle Yellow Rocket when she sees the businessman fall.

"Bell, the man falling..." she says as her legs bunch. She begins quickly assessing how to launch herself at him and catch him without killing him.
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jen Calley aka Gem aka Assessin'

Jen begins studying the situation from a nearby rooftop. Her super-strength allowed her great freedom to get from street level to the tops of buildings, though it was not nearly as useful as the true flight that Diamond had had. Her eyes narrow as she watches the Yellow Rocket. "When things get rough, he'll fly up and away at top speed," she warns the others, "That's how he escaped us before."

OOC: Assessment: 2d6+2 14 - This will be my only good roll in the entire game.
What here can I use to prevent Yellow Rocket from escaping?
What here is in the greatest danger? => THIS HAS AN OBVIOUS ANSWER.
How could we best end this quickly?


She begins filling in her team on how to handle Yellow Rocket when she sees the businessman fall.

"Bell, the man falling..." she says as her legs bunch. She begins quickly assessing how to launch herself at him and catch him without killing him.
As she studies the situation, Jen does notice the dark-clad person going into the building that's under attack. That does seem odd.

But mostly her attention is on the obvious stuff: the ranting Yellow Comet, the fireballs, the falling guy. But she does note the large container of coolant over by the R&D wing of the building.

OOC:
What you could use to prevent Yellow Comet from escaping is his own passion: he's all fixated on Rook Industries, for whatever reason, so if you taunted him about them getting away with whatever, he might well decide to stick around against his own best interests.
Yes, you guessed it, falling suit-guy is in the greatest immediate danger.
And that coolant container, like a mini water-tower, only down on the ground, would probably be useful for getting Comet under control quickly--if you can get him to it, or it to him.
 

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Alicia Monteverde AKA Bell AKA "Young Bell"

Bell is still trying to figure out whether the milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard is a real milkshake or not when she hears Gem call her over the earbud. She'd had a dramatic entrance all worked out, like something she'd seen the Ambassador do once: come up stealthy in the shelter of the building and slowly raise up, arms apart, chest out, like a fashion model or a queen. All those plans are dropped when she hears Gem's warning and sees the guy in the suit falling towards the hard ground below.
Bell panics and resorts to the old-fashioned, throw-yourself-like-a-baseball technique she used to use. She flies towards the guy at top speed and bounces off him before she can grab, sending him back against the damaged building. She winces and calls to her teammates, "Ay! Somebody grab him before he's street pizza!" Bell drops to the ground, she needs to free up her power by not lifting herself, dodging a fireball on the way down.

OOC:
Roll to Defend: 2d6+1 4
Not high enough to burn the Team pool to make it a success. She'll mark potential.
 
Last edited:

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Brick arrives by rooftop, running at a steady pace and seeming unbothered by the need to leap the gaps between buildings until she reaches Rook. Flying looks nice and fun, but she's got her own ways of getting around.

"Why did he have to be flying?" She asks. "Never mind! I'll draw his fire."

Bounding down, she lands in a roll, picking up a chunk of debris that the Yellow Comet's explosions blasted free and sending it arcing into the sky towards him. It's not an attack, not yet, but hopefully it'll pull his attention to her.

"Hey! Comet Boy! Come and fight someone your own size!" And with that she's ducking away from the civilians, hoping that they can get to safety while the maniac tries to deal with her.

I wish I was better at banter...

OOC: Provoke Someone: 9, trying to get him to leave the building alone and focus his attention on me. Don't quite make it...

(couldn't work out a way to get his obsession with Rook into that, but it's close enough to do some good anyway)
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ehri Garamel, the Outsider

A light in the sky revealed itself to be Ehri's Flying Throne. Her hair and the flowers decorating it utterly failed to blow in the wind; the flying, small furry things that attended on her were likewise undisturbed by her apparent velocity.

There were obviously several threats present, and she would have liked to take a moment, analyze them, and only then take decisive action, a strategy her father had held to firmly.

But she wasn't her father; she had to be concerned about the human barely holding on to the window-frame. For that reason, she dove the Throne in to catch them. Saving civilians was the priority, and not everyone would be able to do this. Time, then, to show them again what a Garamel could do to help, rather than conquer!

OOC: Using Kirby-Craft to Defend with Superior. 2d6+2: 8 [2d6=5, 1] I'm not sure how I could Escalate this, so instead I'll expose Ehri to danger.
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Brick arrives by rooftop, running at a steady pace and seeming unbothered by the need to leap the gaps between buildings until she reaches Rook. Flying looks nice and fun, but she's got her own ways of getting around.

"Why did he have to be flying?" She asks. "Never mind! I'll draw his fire."

Bounding down, she lands in a roll, picking up a chunk of debris that the Yellow Comet's explosions blasted free and sending it arcing into the sky towards him. It's not an attack, not yet, but hopefully it'll pull his attention to her.

"Hey! Comet Boy! Come and fight someone your own size!" And with that she's ducking away from the civilians, hoping that they can get to safety while the maniac tries to deal with her.

I wish I was better at banter...

OOC: Provoke Someone: 9, trying to get him to leave the building alone and focus his attention on me. Don't quite make it...

(couldn't work out a way to get his obsession with Rook into that, but it's close enough to do some good anyway)
Ehri Garamel, the Outsider

A light in the sky revealed itself to be Ehri's Flying Throne. Her hair and the flowers decorating it utterly failed to blow in the wind; the flying, small furry things that attended on her were likewise undisturbed by her apparent velocity.

There were obviously several threats present, and she would have liked to take a moment, analyze them, and only then take decisive action, a strategy her father had held to firmly.

But she wasn't her father; she had to be concerned about the human barely holding on to the window-frame. For that reason, she dove the Throne in to catch them. Saving civilians was the priority, and not everyone would be able to do this. Time, then, to show them again what a Garamel could do to help, rather than conquer!

OOC: Using Kirby-Craft to Defend with Superior. 2d6+2: 8 [2d6=5, 1] I'm not sure how I could Escalate this, so instead I'll expose Ehri to danger.
Ehri catches the guy in the suit. He breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank you, um...whoever you are. You truly are a hero."
OOC: Ehri, he may not mean to, but he's shifting your Superior up and your Freak down, unless you want to reject.


Yellow Comet tries to ignore Brick's words, then sees Ehri's rescue operation. We see a close-up of his face: eyes narrowed, a frown. Then, in the next panel, he is smiling, and flying toward the heroes. "Strange senoritas, you should go home to mommy before I make you cry." He lets loose a barrage of fireballs at Brick and Ehri, laughing crazily.

Hearing this, Bell has a horrible realization: that's not just any Hispanic accent: he's Tormentosan.

OOC: Brick and Ehri, you'll need to do something to avoid the fireballs, or else take a powerful blow.
 

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Jen Calley aka Gem aka Dare I say en Fuego?

The civilian saved, Jen adjusts her focus. Kneeling down on the edge of the building, she grips the building firmly with her hands as her whole body leans over the edge. This is gonna be hard, she thinks. Missing would suck.

A voice whispers quietly in her mind, <So, then. Don't miss.>

Her legs are bunched up beneath her, and she can feel their power. Over the comms, she can hear the Yellow Rocket taunting her teammates and threatening their lives.

"Gonna need some help getting him into the coolant unit, but I'm on my way," she says over the comms.

She lets go of the building and launches herself at him, leaving cracks surrounding the indentations of her boots in the side of the building.

OOC: Savior for Teammates/Civilian: 2d6+2 12
Take Influence over someone you protect


She knocks Yellow Rocket's aim aside, successfully preventing him from dousing his targets in fire.
 
Top Bottom