• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ehri and Shrapnel
We see Ehri and Shrapnel, in civilian guises. Ehri checks her appearance, then they head out. Ash/Shrapnel says, "We need to find out about that woman who got away, but I have to make a stop first."

We see that the stop is a fancy super-science lab, and we follow the two into the lobby. Then see Ash say, "Hi, mom."

OOC:
Ehri, whose idea was it for you to accompany Ash on her info gathering? If it wasn't yours, why did you agree to it?
OOC: I think Ash mentioned "Lab" and Ehri was there. She's naturally curious about the state of Earthling science.


"Greetings," said Ehri, bowing her head with a large measure of formality. She looked over the lab, just seeing what was there.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
We see Ehri and Shrapnel, in civilian guises. Ehri checks her appearance, then they head out. Ash/Shrapnel says, "We need to find out about that woman who got away, but I have to make a stop first."

We see that the stop is a fancy super-science lab, and we follow the two into the lobby. Then see Ash say, "Hi, mom."
"Greetings," said Ehri, bowing her head with a large measure of formality. She looked over the lab, just seeing what was there.
"Mom, this is...Rhi. She's a visitor from out of town I'm showing around Halcyon, and she's interested in science stuff. So, um, hide anything top-secret, I guess?

OOC: If Ehri has a preferred Earth alias, let me know and I'll edit it in. Rhi is Ash trying to come up with something on the fly and failing at subtlety.

Ash, what is your mom unhappy with you about? Is that common?

In general, Ash's mom thinks she ought to be pushing ahead with college visits and applications and prep work; Ash ended up graduating high school late because of classes missed when she was hospitalised, missing the regular intake and taking a year out. Ash's mom really doesn't want her to miss the next round of applications and end up at home for another year. Of course, she doesn't know about the extra-curricular activities that are taking up a lot of Ash's time and energy, or the reasons why her 'engineering apprenticeship' with Dr Smith ended unexpectedly.

Specifically, her mom has been trying for a few weeks to arrange Ash to meet up with a former colleague of hers who now teaches at HCU. Things keep coming up.
 
Last edited:

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Jennifer Calley aka Gem aka A Bit Playful

Brick and Gem
Brick and Gem are out for a run. It's a beautiful day--lots of people are out, and you get some looks, but no one's hassling you.

OOC: Gem, does anyone on the team know about your crush on Tankbuster?
OOC: Gem's crush is not hidden. She has put up a few posters of Tankbuster and his group of fellow superpowered heroes (the Luckless League, a Legacy) and prints out the webnews of his exploits. However, her use of Diamond's memories to help her fantasies is hidden.


Jen aka Gem and Beth Sanderton aka Brick are jogging down the track, and Jen is bored. They are barely moving faster than a standard human jog and her muscles will simply not tire at this rate.

Impishly, she turns to Brick and says, "Hey, you look like you have extra energy, so why don't we make this interesting? Let's race to City Hall and back to base... for real."

After sticking her tongue out at Brick, she speeds up and turns her head to see if Brick is following.

OOC: Provoke Brick (Superior+Influence) to race for real: 2d6+2+1 8 Choosing "add a Team to the pool" if Brick accepts.
For PCs: On a 10+, both. On a 7-9, choose one.
* if they do it, add a Team to the pool
* if they don’t do it, they mark a condition


Basically, I'm envisioning this as each of us making a Freak roll to use our powers to outrace the other (i.e., being up a success level means you win, being in the same tier means functionally a tie, though the results could be hilariously catastrophic on a dual failure, I suppose).[/ooc]
 

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
Issue #2

Quicksilver and Bell
Quicksilver and Bell are getting ready to do some power-testing together.

OOC:
Quicksilver, is there enough room within the base to do this? If not, where are you doing it?
Bell, what are you wanting to try out?
OOC: Bell has wind control, right? The base doesn't sound nearly big enough to handle that.

If Bell mentions needing some space to work out her powers, Quicksilver can mention she knows of an out-of-the-way park that is pretty empty this time of year before all the soccer games start up. (Quicksilver is, sadly, pretty well versed in places to go when she wants to be alone.)

For bonus dramatic points, maybe the park was much busier, or was something else, back in Bell's home time.


"Need a little open space? Eisen park might be just the place. And maybe while we are there, I can try some mobility tricks", Nora says as she shapes part of her body into thin flying-squirrel-like membranes.
 
Last edited:

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Mom, this is...Rhi. She's a visitor from out of town I'm showing around Halcyon, and she's interested in science stuff. So, um, hide anything top-secret, I guess?

OOC: If Ehri has a preferred Earth alias, let me know and I'll edit it in. Rhi is Ash trying to come up with something on the fly and failing at subtlety.

Ash, what is your mom unhappy with you about? Is that common?

In general, Ash's mom thinks she ought to be pushing ahead with college visits and applications and prep work; Ash ended up graduating high school late because of classes missed when she was hospitalised, missing the regular intake and taking a year out. Ash's mom really doesn't want her to miss the next round of applications and end up at home for another year. Of course, she doesn't know about the extra-curricular activities that are taking up a lot of Ash's time and energy, or the reasons why her 'engineering apprenticeship' with Dr Smith ended unexpectedly.

Specifically, her mom has been trying for a few weeks to arrange Ash to meet up with a former colleague of hers who now teaches at HCU. Things keep coming up.
"Rhi, it's nice to meet you. I hope you're enjoying Halcyon City. It's a great place, even if all the superheroes can be a nuisance sometimes. And don't worry, if we were doing something 'top secret' even my daughter wouldn't be able to get in.

"On the monitor there you can see our underground lab. We've got it about as cold as we can make it, looks like it's -265 C right now. We're experimenting with what electromagnetic fields do on those conditions. You can see the data coming in here."

Over the panels of the sciency stuff, we see Mom's word balloons continue:

"Ash, I heard from Dr. Natembe this morning. She's still waiting for your call. I know you had a rough couple of years, but you're still young enough, and smart enough, to get your act together--if you'll just do it."

OOC: Freak down, Superior up, or resist.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
OOC: Going to have to resist, I need that stat. And 8. Marking potential by acting to prove her wrong.


Ash rolls her eyes. "Mom, I told you, I'll call her when I'm ready. I know you were probably halfway through your Master's by my age or whatever, but I need some time to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I can't just jump back into normal life like nothing happened."

She breaks off with a sigh. "Anyway, I'm probably going to be busy for the rest of the day. Taking Rhi to see the sights and meet some people."
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Going to have to resist, I need that stat. And 8. Marking potential by acting to prove her wrong.


Ash rolls her eyes. "Mom, I told you, I'll call her when I'm ready. I know you were probably halfway through your Master's by my age or whatever, but I need some time to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I can't just jump back into normal life like nothing happened."

She breaks off with a sigh. "Anyway, I'm probably going to be busy for the rest of the day. Taking Rhi to see the sights and meet some people."
"I hope you'll be home for supper, at least," she says, without a lot of hope attached.

As you turn to go, she catches Ehri. "Sometimes I don't know what's going on with her. You're her friend, right? You'll look out for her?"

OOC: Your turn, Ehri: Ash's mom is pushing your Savior up, Danger down.

And then, Shrapnel, feel free to narrate how you get started tracking down ninja-woman.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Rhi, it's nice to meet you. I hope you're enjoying Halcyon City. It's a great place, even if all the superheroes can be a nuisance sometimes. And don't worry, if we were doing something 'top secret' even my daughter wouldn't be able to get in.

"On the monitor there you can see our underground lab. We've got it about as cold as we can make it, looks like it's -265 C right now. We're experimenting with what electromagnetic fields do on those conditions. You can see the data coming in here."
"So I see," said Ehri. 'Rhi.' Well, why not? It would just be a nickname for my name if I had peers... and I do have peers here, don't I?

"...-265 Celsius is... Ah, right. Very impressive. Have you looked into what you can do with liquid conductors at that temperature?" She recalled some interesting science projects from when she was young-- her father was very encouraging about science.

She breaks off with a sigh. "Anyway, I'm probably going to be busy for the rest of the day. Taking Rhi to see the sights and meet some people."
"Which I greatly appreciate," said Ehri. "I'm new in town, and I really ought to get more involved in the community."

"I hope you'll be home for supper, at least," she says, without a lot of hope attached.

As you turn to go, she catches Ehri. "Sometimes I don't know what's going on with her. You're her friend, right? You'll look out for her?"

OOC: Your turn, Ehri: Ash's mom is pushing your Savior up, Danger down..
OOC: Dangit, going to try and resist, I already have -1 Danger, and I can't rely on the Throne for everything... 2d6: 8 [2d6=4, 4]
Yes! I'll mark Potential here.


"She doesn't need my help, though," said Ehri. "She's more than capable, and I'm the stranger, here. I think it's more likely that she'll wind up looking out for me."
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
"I hope you'll be home for supper, at least," she says, without a lot of hope attached.
"Don't know yet," Ash says with a shrug, then pauses. "...I'll try, okay?"

As you turn to go, she catches Ehri. "Sometimes I don't know what's going on with her. You're her friend, right? You'll look out for her?"
"She doesn't need my help, though," said Ehri. "She's more than capable, and I'm the stranger, here. I think it's more likely that she'll wind up looking out for me."
Ash tries not to smirk at Ehri's response. "Yeah, I'll take care of you. Don't worry, mom, I know what to do if a member of the cape-and-cowl crowd turns up. Don't want Rhi to end up an endangered bystander."

While Ehri and her mom discuss the experiment, Ash pulls out her phone. A touch of the familiar Bluefinch icon opens the app, and then there's a complicated series of swipes and taps, another password screen and finally a fingerprint scan before the icon darkens and she's logged into Blackfinch. Last she heard the Finch was working on retinal scans or facial recognition to up the security, but the tech isn't widespread enough yet.

Ash starts composing an intel request.

Message via Blackfinch said:
Hey you. I figure if you haven't blocked my account yet then maybe we can still help each other.

What can you tell me about a green and black ninja? New player in town, I think, probably a tech thief. Tried to hit Rook Industries yesterday.

Looking for a name, and any contact details or known haunts you might have on her. Not going to try to bring her in or anything, I just want to talk to her.
Ash hesitates over adding something else, but decides against it. Finch said she wanted to keep things professional when they parted ways. She hits send.

OOC: Marking obligation on Finch for inside info. Wiki updated.
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Jennifer Calley aka Gem aka A Bit Playful

OOC: Gem's crush is not hidden. She has put up a few posters of Tankbuster and his group of fellow superpowered heroes (the Luckless League, a Legacy) and prints out the webnews of his exploits. However, her use of Diamond's memories to help her fantasies is hidden.


Jen aka Gem and Beth Sanderton aka Brick are jogging down the track, and Jen is bored. They are barely moving faster than a standard human jog and her muscles will simply not tire at this rate.

Impishly, she turns to Brick and says, "Hey, you look like you have extra energy, so why don't we make this interesting? Let's race to City Hall and back to base... for real."

After sticking her tongue out at Brick, she speeds up and turns her head to see if Brick is following.
Beth is running hard, but it's on automatic. Her body can do this all day, practically in her sleep, and while it's necessary exercise it isn't satisfying. But it gives her something to do, and it's spending time with Gem which is good. Or it should be. Brick's had a hard time focusing on the hero jogging with her, her mind keeps jumping to Ash and Ehri. Dammit.

Which means that the challenge to a race takes her somewhat by surprise, and Gem's already pulled ahead by a good few steps before she can react. But then it's on.

With a burst of speed, Beth flies into motion, stretching herself into a proper run. If Jen wants to do this 'for real' then she's going to have a challenge on her hands. As they run neck and neck to a turn, Beth takes a half-step to the side. Just enough for her hip to hit Jen's, knocking the smaller girl aside and giving Beth the edge she needs to pull ahead.

Head down, legs pumping, Beth races as fast as she can for City Hall. She's not about to let Jen outrun her - being physically perfect is her thing now, and she'll defend it. It's what she's got left. For a moment all her anger is forgotten as she gives herself to the joy of the run, freerunning flawlessly towards her goal with a feral grin on her face.

OOC: Freak roll: 7. I'm not sure if the bonus from having Influence over Gem counts for this one (am I targeting her?). It only matters a little... but if it does apply, then if I'd spend that Influence for an extra +1, and spend the Team the race adds to the pool to move Freak up and, hm, Savior down... getting me up to 10. Why yes, being physically the best of us matters to Beth, and she's not keen on losing the race.

Okay, doing that - so I have a 10, full success, and win the race... all it cost's Beth is some of Jen's good opinion. That's a fair trade, right?
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom