IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
We see an image of the patrol, then the next panel pulls back showing it's a photo on Shrapnel's phone. She's on top of a nearby roof, in her armour, skulking in the shadows and checking out the BlueFinch building from a distance.

She's not sure how obvious she ought to be. She wants to draw attention, but it needs to be believable as well. If needed, she'll move in closer; for all she knows Finch might have cameras that will recognise her costume, or sensors that will detect her powers. The phone ought to be enough, though; with the amount of data-mining Ehri uncovered, surely Finch can track a device that has BlueFinch installed, let alone a deactivated BlackFinch account.

I really need to get a new cellphone after this, she thinks to herself as she takes another picture, this time of a possible access point on the top floor.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...you look cute as a mouse," Stitch giggles as she crouches in the black catsuit. Now she's wishing she added some cat ears to the hood, but oh well. She's dyed her hair black just in case it falls out, which will probably draw some questions from her classmates later, unless Ehri can help her get rid of the pigment quickly. ...or maybe she could just go gothy for a little while.

Focus, Kelly, you're in a Mission Impossible movie right now, not the Babysitter's Club. "Any little bit helps, probably," she echoes Ehri. "Hopefully Shrapnel's ruse pays off..."
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Yes," said Ehri. "Now, as we approach: No names. No tech that's had their app on it, either. We have to assume that they can track it."
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
"Left my phone at home," Brick says. "I don't think it's had anything on it that's, uh, contaminated, but I don't trust that much."
She tugs the scarf into place, wishing she had a 'backup' costume rather than this, but it'll do.
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We see an image of the patrol, then the next panel pulls back showing it's a photo on Shrapnel's phone. She's on top of a nearby roof, in her armour, skulking in the shadows and checking out the BlueFinch building from a distance.

She's not sure how obvious she ought to be. She wants to draw attention, but it needs to be believable as well. If needed, she'll move in closer; for all she knows Finch might have cameras that will recognise her costume, or sensors that will detect her powers. The phone ought to be enough, though; with the amount of data-mining Ehri uncovered, surely Finch can track a device that has BlueFinch installed, let alone a deactivated BlackFinch account.

I really need to get a new cellphone after this, she thinks to herself as she takes another picture, this time of a possible access point on the top floor.
Suddenly from out of the darkness, an arrow flies through the air, knocking the phone from your hand and sending it sliding across the rooftop.

On a nearby roof, you see a long-haired man with a bow. He waves at you and calls, "Nothing metal in the bow or the arrows, I'm afraid. So you can see that it could have been your hand, or your heart, instead of your phone. I'm afraid you are not welcome at Bluefinch, Shrapnel. So perhaps you should be on your way."

OOC: For now, everyone can assume Brick's comm coin works.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Game Dev
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ehri nodded. That was good sense... it was a shame that she couldn't come up with one in a hurry. On the spot, she picked the first thing she could think of...

"...call me Cub," she said. Wonderful. The first thing she can think of was what the generals called her when she was a child.
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Brick frowns under her 'maask' and tries to think of something. Names had never been a strong suit of hers, but her outfit kind of matched the detectives from old films, didn't it?

"I'm Noir, then," she says.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Suddenly from out of the darkness, an arrow flies through the air, knocking the phone from your hand and sending it sliding across the rooftop.

On a nearby roof, you see a long-haired man with a bow. He waves at you and calls, "Nothing metal in the bow or the arrows, I'm afraid. So you can see that it could have been your hand, or your heart, instead of your phone. I'm afraid you are not welcome at Bluefinch, Shrapnel. So perhaps you should be on your way."
"Non-metallic arrows, huh? Nice touch," Shrapnel admits. "Carbon-fibre shafts and ceramic heads, I'm guessing? Or are we talking traditional wood and flint?"

She levitates her phone back to her hand. "But you're not actually under orders to injure or kill me, are you? Otherwise you wouldn't have given away your free shot. You're just here to warn me off. And I'm not doing anything illegal, at least not right now. So tell me, why should I go anywhere?"

She's observing the man as she speaks, stalling for time and hoping she's right about his orders. Depends just how mad at her Finch is.

OOC: Pierce The Mask gets an 8. What does our new friend intend to do?[/url]
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Non-metallic arrows, huh? Nice touch," Shrapnel admits. "Carbon-fibre shafts and ceramic heads, I'm guessing? Or are we talking traditional wood and flint?"

She levitates her phone back to her hand. "But you're not actually under orders to injure or kill me, are you? Otherwise you wouldn't have given away your free shot. You're just here to warn me off. And I'm not doing anything illegal, at least not right now. So tell me, why should I go anywhere?"

She's observing the man as she speaks, stalling for time and hoping she's right about his orders. Depends just how mad at her Finch is.

OOC: Pierce The Mask gets an 8. What does our new friend intend to do?[/url]
"You mistake me entirely," he says, and it's hard to see in the dark, but is he smiling? "Finch is deeply hurt by your betrayal, and her commitment to protecting what is hers has always been exceptionally great. I am free to do whatever I wish to protect her space. But where you, personally, are concerned, if you are foolish enough to come around? You I am permitted to kill.

"As you say, I could have done so instantly. But that would be so dull. I want you to know that you are facing Carlo the Assassin. I want you to use your gifts to try to defend yourself. I want the challenge of facing you, fully aware, and the triumph of defeating you despite your best efforts.

"But if you are afraid, and you wish to run away...well, you may attempt to do so."
 
Top Bottom