• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Stitch
Guilty, Afraid, Hopeless, Insecure, Angry
1 burn



'Widow' eyes the desktop like it's a baited snare. "I think I've watched too many spy movies," she whispers. "Anything that looks convenient looks too convenient," she mutters.

The black-suited heroine glances around suspiciously. Hopefully this Blackfinch was trusting enough of their technological superiority to not research anti-psychic defenses. Maybe she could sweep for any spiders waiting beyond the normal security goons. She draws deep into herself, preparing for the task of sending her aura around the whole building quickly enough to be useful.

That was a mistake.

It had been too long since she pushed like this, and the lingering hunger there, she just wasn't ready for it. Especially since she hadn't fed it, refused to feed it. And right now, near her, there was only Beth, so magically infused with life, and Ehri, who she was already so close to and surely wouldn't notice just a brush against her life-force...

"Aaaaa..." 'Widow' drops to one knee, clutching her head. Too much, she was so tired, tired of this landmine buried in her brain. It's all she can do to keep from screaming about her inability to control it. While she has the focus of the anger - before it simmers down into self-pity and resentment - she casts her senses out, feeling for any other people in the building. There should be a few guards, but if there's more...
OOC: charge powers: 2d6+1 4 Well... crap.
I guess, Afraid, Hopeless, and Insecure, too? And 2 burn. Will then mark Angry to ask "Is there anyone here in the building, ready to come after us?"

...yeah, she needs some help, badly ^^
'Widow' can sense someone on the first floor, just a normal person, barely a temptation.

But above you, there's somebody else, somebody with power and vitality on Brick's level. Now THAT would be a proper meal, that would satisfy.

And anyway, who said you needed to hold yourself in all the time? Kids at school get to do all kinds of crazy stuff and most of them don't even get grounded! Why do you have to hold yourself under such restraint all the time? It's totally not fair!
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"There's someone on the first floor, someone normal... But above us, there's someone... powerful." Stitch's voice is... weird. Thin, strained, but also hungry. Even quickly licking her lips at the end. Something is obviously not normal with her.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Widow? Are you... no, no time for that," said Ehri. "We need to move fast. We need to locate what we came here for."

She started using her internal scanners in an effort to do the same.

OOC: Assess. 2d6+3: 13 [2d6=5, 5]
What can we use here to locate the MacGuffin? How can we end this quickly?
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Widow? Are you... no, no time for that," said Ehri. "We need to move fast. We need to locate what we came here for."

She started using her internal scanners in an effort to do the same.

OOC: Assess. 2d6+3: 13 [2d6=5, 5]
What can we use here to locate the MacGuffin? How can we end this quickly?
It's a tech company, so mostly what they have is tech.

Which means data. And even if they're trying to keep the legit front of the business separate from Blackfinch, what Pixie said implies that they're money-laundering, which means the info is connected. So there's a datatrail somewhere that will lead you to what you're looking for--you just have to risk plugging into the system and dealing with its defenses. And hope you can do that quick enough.

Or you could play the hunch, and just assume that the other location nearby is probably where you need to be, and go crashing in there and hope you get lucky. If it works, that would probably be faster - if it works.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...I think we're in the wrong site," said Cub. "They won't keep our target here-- too public, too likely for something to go wrong, and this is all tech."
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Shrapnel, over the communicator coin, you hear just bits of conversation:

"There's someone on the first floor, someone normal... But above us, there's someone... powerful." Stitch's voice is... weird. Thin, strained, but also hungry. Even quickly licking her lips at the end. Something is obviously not normal with her.
And then, a moment later:
"...I think we're in the wrong site," said Cub.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
The voices drifting from the coin distract Shrapnel. Sounds like the mission might be going sideways already. She wants to intervene, but she's not the leader any more, and she has her job in front of her.

The arrow cutting through her costume brings her attention back. This guy is dangerous, and if she lets her mind wander he could actually kill her.

Shrapnel makes a move she hopes he won't expect, feinting to the side and then launching herself straight at him. It almost works, but he's quicker than she thought and gets a shot off. But she manages to get a hand on his bow, and uses it to pull him in to a punch from an armoured fist.

OOC: Engage gets a 8. I'll trade blows and take his bow away, but that means he gets a hit on me as well.
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The voices drifting from the coin distract Shrapnel. Sounds like the mission might be going sideways already. She wants to intervene, but she's not the leader any more, and she has her job in front of her.

The arrow cutting through her costume brings her attention back. This guy is dangerous, and if she lets her mind wander he could actually kill her.

Shrapnel makes a move she hopes he won't expect, feinting to the side and then launching herself straight at him. It almost works, but he's quicker than she thought and gets a shot off. But she manages to get a hand on his bow, and uses it to pull him in to a punch from an armoured fist.

OOC: Engage gets a 8. I'll trade blows and take his bow away, but that means he gets a hit on me as well.
Your move seems to catch him off-guard, but he drives an arrow into your shoulder where the armor has slipped clear. Still, you get the satisfaction of punching him in the face. He falls back, leaving his bow in your hands.

He picks up a piece of broken cinderblock off the roof as he stands back up. "You don't know what it is to come from nothing, in a world where some people have not only wealth and comfort but these amazing abilities. They fly, they can kill with a thought. Well, I've had to learn how to kill, how to hunt, how to prove myself.

"You can still fly away. She'll be pleased enough to know I hurt you."

OOC: Take a Powerful Blow
Team = 2 (I think)
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
"Hey, are you okay?" Brick Noir asks 'Widow', resting a hand on her shoulder. That voice... unless Stitch was getting really into character, it sounded wrong. "We're going to be out of here soon. Do you need help?"

Anything to focus on aside from her own fears and nerves was good, but Brick had never really gotten the hang of comforting people. And she was distracted by the mention of someone powerful nearby - both as a threat and as something to potentially take her frustrations out on.
 

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Your move seems to catch him off-guard, but he drives an arrow into your shoulder where the armor has slipped clear. Still, you get the satisfaction of punching him in the face. He falls back, leaving his bow in your hands.
Shrapnel can't keep in an agonised yelp as the arrowhead sinks into her shoulder, which the magic coin doubtless picks up on. But landing the punch feels good.

He picks up a piece of broken cinderblock off the roof as he stands back up. "You don't know what it is to come from nothing, in a world where some people have not only wealth and comfort but these amazing abilities. They fly, they can kill with a thought. Well, I've had to learn how to kill, how to hunt, how to prove myself."
"So you kill capes because you're jealous of us?" Shrapnel asks, buying a moment for the immediate giddiness of the injury to pass. "Or maybe it's not jealousy. I bet you're just lashing out against something you're afraid of."

"You can still fly away. She'll be pleased enough to know I hurt you."
"I could, but that wouldn't stop you from coming at me again later," Shrapnel points out. "Even if you give up and move on to your next target, that's still on me. Not that I'd blame you for giving up. You know what I'm capable of, and here you are trying to fight me with a piece of rock? How about you just admit you're outmatched and come along quietly?"

She drops the bow to the ground and stamps on it for emphasis, splintering the wood.

OOC: Take a Powerful Blow gets a 4. Potential marked.

I think this is a Provoke, trying to get him to lose his cool and make a rash move, but wanted to check if he counts as being susceptible to Shrapnel's words. Given what he's said so far, I think she's pushing the right buttons, but it's a GM call.
 
Top Bottom