• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
It takes a moment for the change to sink in. Brick blinks, looks around, tries to focus.

"Ash?" Nothing on the communicator. She pulls out her phone, realises that there won't be any signal here/now, and shoves it back into its pouch. It takes a serious effort not to smash the useless bit of plastic.

"We need to get back," she says to Stitch, biting down on her anger and trying to think. "I've got a couple of ideas, but they range from bad to really bad. I know where the Magus's sanctum will be in, well, seventy years - it might already be a place of power, someone might be there who can help, but that's a longshot. Or... I guess I know some Shadow Empire locations that were probably already in use now. But that's a desperate plan - do you have anything better?"

Or I could just try and punch a hole through spacetime to get to Ash, she thinks, swallowing nervously. Yeah, that sounds like the stupidest plan in history.
 

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Bell

"That's nice of you," Bell says absently to the robot. No more joking around, she's only got one more trick to pull. "I guess there's only one person I really care about in this time, and she'd love to hear from me." She scrunches up her eyes so hard it hurts and focuses on sending out her power, or mojo, or whatever you call it, here on her island, her place of power, reaching out to the other Bell, the one that scares almost more than this crazy robot does.

Ambassador, it's me. They're trying to erase both of us, and the whole island too. You were right all along -- nothing matters more than saving Tormentosa. Come now before it's too late, and I'll help you -- I'll be you. Just come quick.

OOC:
Unleash Powers: 2d6+1 6
Burning one Team selfishly to bring it up to 7
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Brick and Stitch, you're not in the building, but you are in a city. Not on Tormentosa, though. It looks to be Halcyon City, but the people are all dressed fancy, and the cars are old, and you don't have any cell signal. And there's a newspaper stand, and the prominent headline is "Bryce Brilliant Stops Captain Coldheart!" Yeah, you're pretty sure you're in the 1950s.
"Ehri? Shrapnel?" Stitch calls out reflexively, then slumps. "I'm sorry I didn't convince the robot. I can't feel them though..."
"We need to get back," she says to Stitch, biting down on her anger and trying to think. "I've got a couple of ideas, but they range from bad to really bad. I know where the Magus's sanctum will be in, well, seventy years - it might already be a place of power, someone might be there who can help, but that's a longshot. Or... I guess I know some Shadow Empire locations that were probably already in use now. But that's a desperate plan - do you have anything better?"
"Well, they wouldn't be expecting someone who knows their tricks, would they?" she shrugs at Brick's suggestion of going for a Shadow Empire base. "There's got to be..." She shakes her head. "Let's find a newspaper, find out exactly when we are, see which science heroes are active." She looks down at her form-hugging, showy costume and frowns. "Maybe get something to wear that won't have people from this time thinking I'm an evil space queen or something."
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
"Ehri? Shrapnel?" Stitch calls out reflexively, then slumps. "I'm sorry I didn't convince the robot. I can't feel them though..."

"Well, they wouldn't be expecting someone who knows their tricks, would they?" she shrugs at Brick's suggestion of going for a Shadow Empire base. "There's got to be..." She shakes her head. "Let's find a newspaper, find out exactly when we are, see which science heroes are active." She looks down at her form-hugging, showy costume and frowns. "Maybe get something to wear that won't have people from this time thinking I'm an evil space queen or something."
"You're right, we should get a better idea of when we are before we try anything stupid," Brick agrees reluctantly, fingers flexing as she tries to calm down. "My first instinct is to charge headfirst into trouble, but that's not helpful."

She sighs, then tries a smile. "And yep, we need more period-appropriate clothes. Don't want someone to mistake you for your girlfriend."
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Bell

"That's nice of you," Bell says absently to the robot. No more joking around, she's only got one more trick to pull. "I guess there's only one person I really care about in this time, and she'd love to hear from me." She scrunches up her eyes so hard it hurts and focuses on sending out her power, or mojo, or whatever you call it, here on her island, her place of power, reaching out to the other Bell, the one that scares almost more than this crazy robot does.

Ambassador, it's me. They're trying to erase both of us, and the whole island too. You were right all along -- nothing matters more than saving Tormentosa. Come now before it's too late, and I'll help you -- I'll be you. Just come quick.

OOC:
Unleash Powers: 2d6+1 6
Burning one Team selfishly to bring it up to 7
Bell, you have a brief but intense vision of how things will go from here--how this really will turn you into her. What part of that vision is clearest and most disturbing to you?

But that is momentary, and soon the ceiling tears away and Ambassador Bell descends into the room. The remaining Rook employees run for it, and Bell lands right in front of Doctor Infinity. "I will dismantle you, robot, if I have to. I will do anything it takes to save my homeland."
 

Civil Savage

Proud Lifetime Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Ehri? Shrapnel?" Stitch calls out reflexively, then slumps. "I'm sorry I didn't convince the robot. I can't feel them though..."

"Well, they wouldn't be expecting someone who knows their tricks, would they?" she shrugs at Brick's suggestion of going for a Shadow Empire base. "There's got to be..." She shakes her head. "Let's find a newspaper, find out exactly when we are, see which science heroes are active." She looks down at her form-hugging, showy costume and frowns. "Maybe get something to wear that won't have people from this time thinking I'm an evil space queen or something."
"You're right, we should get a better idea of when we are before we try anything stupid," Brick agrees reluctantly, fingers flexing as she tries to calm down. "My first instinct is to charge headfirst into trouble, but that's not helpful."

She sighs, then tries a smile. "And yep, we need more period-appropriate clothes. Don't want someone to mistake you for your girlfriend."
The newspaper says August 24, 1957. The front page, in addition to Bryce Brilliant, includes mentions of Golden Girl and Champion. If you want to explore more thoroughly, you'll need to come up with 7 cents in period money, or go to a library. The newsstand guy seems a little reluctant to get into it with you, but he's not kidding around when it comes to getting paid.

And people are making a bit of a fuss about you. Mothers cover their children's eyes. Some of the men look away and others...don't. But you're definitely attracting attention.
 

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Shrapnel looks around wildly for a moment. "Guys?" she calls out, then, louder: "Beth?"

The approaching oh-holy-crap-is-that-a-dinosaur gets her attention, though. "We'd better move," she calls out to Ehri as she lifts into the air. "Don't know about you, but I'm in no shape to go toe-to-toe with a T-rex."

It dawns on her that the only metal around is her armour, leaving her with one good arm and no tools.
"Agreed," said Ehri. She surveyed and scanned the area as best she could...

OOC: Discern: 2d6+3: 6 [2d6=1, 2] Or not.
 

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Bell, you have a brief but intense vision of how things will go from here--how this really will turn you into her. What part of that vision is clearest and most disturbing to you?
It's such a blur for Bell, and all bad news -- she schemes and betrays, goes back in time to fix things and makes a bigger mess, has a weird double-exposure view of herself as Big Bell, the mingled contempt and envy she feels for Little Bell -- and then the worst part, when the Sanguines decide she's gone too far and take her down, Ehri hard and unflinching, even triumphant, Stitch clearly uncomfortable with the whole thing, Brick trying to make it quick, and Shrapnel -- Bell can see her eyes through the helmet's eye slits, and they're wet and shiny, and she can see how the whole thing's just tearing her apart. And Big Bell starts laughing, trying to explain that it was always going to be that way, but before she can get the words out, Shrapnel's sprung the trap and she's gone --

But that is momentary, and soon the ceiling tears away and Ambassador Bell descends into the room. The remaining Rook employees run for it, and Bell lands right in front of Doctor Infinity. "I will dismantle you, robot, if I have to. I will do anything it takes to save my homeland."
Bell blinks. "It was always going to be that way," she repeats softly. For a girl who's travelled time so much, it feels like she's just about out of time. There's got to be a way, she thinks, and studies the two combatants. She's got to come up with something neither one expects...

OOC:
I apologize for taking liberties with everyone else's characters there, but what's a time-traveling guest star for, if not to provide glimpses of darker timelines?
Also, assessing the situation to find out how Bell could end this quickly: Assess the Situation: 2d6+1 3 Dang.
 

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And people are making a bit of a fuss about you. Mothers cover their children's eyes. Some of the men look away and others...don't. But you're definitely attracting attention.
In her own time, Stitch might have some snark for that, but she knew she might as well start rolling rocks uphill if she wanted to do that in the 50's.

"Out of sight first," she tells Brick, and starts floating off toward the fire escapes in the nearest alley. Once there, she sighs. "I hate to say it but unless you have any spare change with a mint date before this year, we're probably going to have to steal some clothes to get by while we're here. And food. Or risk really messing with timelines..."
 

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
In her own time, Stitch might have some snark for that, but she knew she might as well start rolling rocks uphill if she wanted to do that in the 50's.

"Out of sight first," she tells Brick, and starts floating off toward the fire escapes in the nearest alley. Once there, she sighs. "I hate to say it but unless you have any spare change with a mint date before this year, we're probably going to have to steal some clothes to get by while we're here. And food. Or risk really messing with timelines..."
Climbing up the fire escapes after Stich, Brick sighs too. "You're right. I don't like it, but I don't think I have any money that'll pass, and I don't know any way to get any. So unless we can do something fast, we're have to either steal or attract attention."

She pulls a face. "Last time I had to steal a disguise didn't go so well. I could try and magic us a cover? It might hold long enough to do something."
 
Top Bottom