• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Masks: Sanguine Squad

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nora acts a little stunned by this display, and isn't quite sure how to respond. "Er... wow. That's intense. Thanks."

She dwells on Ehri's words. "I feel distant from the life I once had, too. Maybe not that much though. But I think if we look out for each other, we'll be fine."
Ehri gave her a warm smile.

"We will. And the important thing, Quicksilver, is to not dwell on the past. Value who you are for yourself, as you are now. I do."

She turned away at that, in the hope that Nora wouldn't see her blushing.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Jennifer Calley aka Gem aka Intentionally Blind

Jennifer very carefully does not notice Ehri's attentions toward Nora by discovering an absolute fascination with the ceiling of the hallway.

I did not know Nora liked Ehri, Jen thinks. I mean, I hope she likes Ehri, otherwise... oops.

Once they continued on, Jen says hurriedly, "Well, I wanted ice cream with you because ice cream is awesome and Glen is a dick who missed out on your awesomeness and I just had an almost fight with mom and I wanted to find out how you liked the team because you are really good and like ice cream and I wanted to know if you thought I was being a good teammate because self-awareness can be difficult sometimes so it's hard to know how I'm doing and we haven't had ice cream together in a while but if you want to invite somebody else or do whatever it's totally ok."

She takes a breath.

OOC: Fishing for the Protege's Sharing a Triumphant Celebration complicated by embarrassment at seeing PDA

Last edited:

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Bell
Alicia is happy to get home after all that had happened and catch up on the news, or media as they call it. She pauses by a tattered old tourism of poster showing a golden sand beach and promising that Isla Tormentosa is a "Land of Enchantment!" in a hilarious 70's font. She scans through the story, then looks to catch Shrapnel's eye. "Ash, look, they called you 'inspired leadership'! Maybe they'll stop calling you 'former deliquent' and start calling you 'hero' soon!" Her smile fades a little. "All he said about me is that I'm not half as dangerous as grown-up me... do you think that's true? I bet I could be every bit as dangerous as her, if I wanted to!"
OOC:
Sharing triumph with Shrapnel, the other hero-with-an-asterisk on the team, and asking her if Ambassador Bell would have been more effective per the playbook move.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Alicia is happy to get home after all that had happened and catch up on the news, or media as they call it. She pauses by a tattered old tourism of poster showing a golden sand beach and promising that Isla Tormentosa is a "Land of Enchantment!" in a hilarious 70's font. She scans through the story, then looks to catch Shrapnel's eye. "Ash, look, they called you 'inspired leadership'! Maybe they'll stop calling you 'former delinquent' and start calling you 'hero' soon!"
"Eh, he could call me a lot worse than delinquent," Ash says with a shrug. "And I've got a way to go before I qualify for the H-word. But yeah, it's a step in the right direction."

She does look pleased, just worried as well.

Her smile fades a little. "All he said about me is that I'm not half as dangerous as grown-up me... do you think that's true? I bet I could be every bit as dangerous as her, if I wanted to!"
That gets a smile out of Ash. "As far as I'm concerned you're plenty dangerous enough, 'Licia. But the Ambassador, she's on another level. I saw her work once, and I was real glad she was on my side that day. Pretty sure she could handle Comet without breaking a sweat, figuratively or literally."

She hesitates but presses on. "Is that what you want? I mean, the Ambassador is effective, but she's pretty scary with it."

OOC: Shrapnel's honest answer is that yes, Ambassador Bell could have won that victory. So Bell marks potential and the GM gets to adjust Bell's labels.

Danny, did you see my post #76 above?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
"Eh, he could call me a lot worse than delinquent," Ash says with a shrug. "And I've got a way to go before I qualify for the H-word. But yeah, it's a step in the right direction."

She does look pleased, just worried as well.

That gets a smile out of Ash. "As far as I'm concerned you're plenty dangerous enough, 'Licia. But the Ambassador, she's on another level. I saw her work once, and I was real glad she was on my side that day. Pretty sure she could handle Comet without breaking a sweat, figuratively or literally."

She hesitates but presses on. "Is that what you want? I mean, the Ambassador is effective, but she's pretty scary with it."
Bell pulls off her domino mask and relaxes a little. "OK, that's the thing. After Comet got taken away, and after Brick did that thing where she jumps away when you're talking to her? She showed up. Like she was watching and waiting for the moment. She said some nice stuff about my destiny, you know, supervillain stuff -- sorry, Ash," she adds, hoping she didn't offend her friend. "I don't know what she wanted from me, but I tried to get some information from her about Rook Industries and she agreed, just like that. Maybe that's what she had in mind all along. That's what drives me crazy, every time I talk to her, I get the feeling I'm playing her game, her way. All I can do is tell you guys about it, so at least I'm not conspiring with her. I have a feeling that if I do that, I'm toast."

She scowls and adds, "Also, she called me 'mini-me.' I don't know what that means, but I already know it's gonna be weird and I'm not going to like it."

OOC:
Thanks for drawing my attention to that post, I must have overlooked it in the haze of intrateam crushes.

Chaomancer

CotTS High Magician
Validated User
Beth sits down on the floor beside the sofa with a thump. Sometimes how much she weighs still takes her by surprise, when she's not thinking about it.

Everyone seems to be in their own conversations, but in a way that suits Beth fine. She's never really been the most talkative person, and here she is, surrounded by friends and allies after a good fight... she pops the cap off a bottle of lemonade and smiles to herself. She knows when she's making excuses for not getting involved. Got to try to say something. Don't just sit next to her and pretend you're hanging out. But what can she talk about? It's not easy when for a couple of years all you've thought about is tactics.

"Hey, Ash?" she says. "Sorry if I'm interrupting. I just wanted to say thanks, you did a great job leading us out there. That was awesome. I'm, uh, really sorry I let you get hit though."

It sounds clunky, awkward, and Beth's not sure what her smile looks like. For a moment her fingers tense around the bottle, but she makes herself relax before she can smash it. Toasting Ash, she takes a big sip to cover her awkwardness before looking at Bell.

"You were great too," she adds, remembering to try and include people. Awkward.

OOC: Sharing Triumph with Shrapnel, or at least trying to. Which would give me potential and Influence over Shrapnel.

Sangrolu

Social Justice Ninja
Validated User
Once they continued on, Jen says hurriedly, "Well, I wanted ice cream with you because ice cream is awesome and Glen is a dick who missed out on your awesomeness and I just had an almost fight with mom and I wanted to find out how you liked the team because you are really good and like ice cream and I wanted to know if you thought I was being a good teammate because self-awareness can be difficult sometimes so it's hard to know how I'm doing and we haven't had ice cream together in a while but if you want to invite somebody else or do whatever it's totally ok."
After getting over her momentary confusion and literally playing what Gem said back in her mind, Nora says "Well of course you are. It's just a matter of time before these ladies figure out you are as awesome as I know you are!"

OOC: Does that work?

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
After getting over her momentary confusion and literally playing what Gem said back in her mind, Nora says "Well of course you are. It's just a matter of time before these ladies figure out you are as awesome as I know you are!"
OOC: OK, marking potential and Diamond (temporarily) loses Influence.

Also, to be clear... Jen has showered and gotten the coolant (and any smell) out of her hair.

Jen smiles and says simply, "Cool."

Then she pauses and adds in mock horror, "Wait, they don't think that I am awesome?!"

As they walk, Jen thinks, Do I talk about her and Ehri and what happened? I guess I should just let her be.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Bell grins and gets up to get herself a soda, too, letting Beth talk to Ash for a moment. There is something funny going on there, but Alicia is not one to judge.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ehri looked around at the others uncomfortably. She wasn't as close to them, and she knew it-- she spent time with Shrapnel, yes, and wanted to be closer to Quicksilver, but she didn't have the bonds with the other girls that they had with each other. She was alien, and didn't understand their ways.

Awkward.

"So," she said, uncertainly. The contrast with her demeanor in speaking with the scientists and criminals was striking. "What... what's normal to do, in triumph after such victories?"

Top Bottom