• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Masks: The Spiderweb

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
This is the Out of Character thread for Masks: the Spiderweb, run by DannyK.
Characters and players are:
  • Knight the Bull played by Unka Josh
  • Rook the Delinquent played by QuZi
  • Bolo the Protégé played by Daz Florp Lebam
  • Measure the Beacon played by Nick the Nevermet
The Wiki is here. That's where we keep the character sheets, and everything works a lot better if everybody updates their labels, potential, etc. on the front page of the Wiki at the bottom as we go, although I am a bit obsessive about checking it. Similarly, if we've just introduced a new character as a potential love interest, it's perfectly fine to add them in to the Wiki as well. It's there as a memory aid for all of us, so I don't have to keep asking you about your character's sister's name and so on.

We use this OOC thread for table talk, meta discussion, etc. I find it usually works well in PBTA games to have the rolls and moves right there in the thread inside a spoiler block, but I'm open to other ideas. It's also really handy if you put your character's name at the top of the post, especially when many characters are involved in a fight, it's easy to confuse who is doing what.
Feel free to repost your character writeup here, especially if you've changed it a lot since the first draft, but ultimately that should go on its own page on the Wiki as well.

Last edited:

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Put stuff on the wiki.

Hey, by the normal game, PCs-- notably the Bull-- can wipe out a few ordinary thugs without needing to roll. How does that work in your version of the Spiderweb?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Put stuff on the wiki.

Hey, by the normal game, PCs-- notably the Bull-- can wipe out a few ordinary thugs without needing to roll. How does that work in your version of the Spiderweb?
I think we’ll need to figure it out in play, but short answer:
Tough opponents have conditions like super villains, but their powers are things like having gangs and hit men on call.

Tough gangs might act like a mob which can take Conditions, too. And there maybe be some tougher thugs in town than that, you’re not the only super humans.

But regular punks, muggers and Proud Boys are pretty much mooks for the PCs to look good taking down.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Excellent. Just wanted to be sure, since the Bull's core power is, y'know, fighting.

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am very pleased to have an excuse to quote The Impossible Dream for The Knight. It's The Knight's theme song... but not the version from the musical, which is too much Don Quixote, the self-important romantic.

This is Carter USM's version, which is working class, and tired, but not stopping, because that's not The Dream. You keep chasing The Dream no matter what.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
Sorry - just realized I had bookmarked the IC thread but had hit the "Watch" button. Will post there very soon...

Top Bottom