• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Masks: The Spiderweb

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Ok, let’s go with option 2.
Something that involves all four heroes would be good, what are you looking into, working on, etc?

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Rook has been:
* investigating the activities of the Spiderweb in and outside of the UEB
* helping beat up gangs from outside the UEB that are coming into the UEB
* Surreptitiously watching the kings to make sure they keep their end of the deal
* testing the limits of her powers

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Ok, let’s be more specific. Investigating something of the Spider’s? His thugs in the Jungle by the river? Something Lev is doing downtown?

Unka Josh

Social Justice Chimera
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Can we investigate the connection between the Spiderweb and the assorted smaller gangs in the UEB?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
OK, so far in the game we've seen or heard about a few criminal groups operating in the UEB:
--the UEB Kings, who are kind of a known quantity now;
--the Thirteens, another youth gang from outside the neighborhood that sometimes battles with the Kings for turf and tagging rights, usually in the arena of Frank Miller park;
--the unnamed gang of thugs and drug dealers who are infiltrating the hobo jungle that the old lady told Measure about;
--Lev and the Russian Mafiya, who seem to be acting as go-between for the Spider and these other gangs, but whose own theater of operations is more downtown

You could go after any or all of these groups -- let's say you've investigated and asked around and the story picks up where you're actually snooping around one of their places of business. You can tell me if you're going in when nobody's there or trying to catch them in the act.

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
I kind of like the unnamed gang being our first foces, simply because Measure could draw the others in.

Rook is probably spent a bit of time doing background hunting on either Lev or the Thirteens (maybe with the eventual goal of joining the Kings and the Thirteens together, because the street that she lives on is apparently named Saints' Row).

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
That sounds cool and I like the idea of keeping the focus on the UEB for now. Anybody else have ideas or comments? I'll start it up in the IC thread tomorrow if I have time.

Nick the Nevermet Nick the Nevermet Did you ever do end of session moves for Measure? I don't want you to miss out on potential, etc.

Hyena_Creative Hyena_Creative I'd really like to have a mob funeral scene for poor Tony in this upcoming book, but I don't want to lead with it. It would be great if we could work more PCs into the scene besides just Matty, too.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Well, I feel we're slackening a bit here, so let's set the stage for the Eisner-shaking events of Book Two...

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Hey, I read through the IC thread, pretty good work if I say so myself and more dangling plot threads than a sale at Filene's.
But I noted the potential total as follows:
Knight: 2
Measure: 4
Rook: 6 7
Blackout: 1

Let me know if you think those are correct -- Blackout's been rolling really well so far this game, and I may have missed a point or two while reading all these pages. Anybody who picked "grow closer to the team" also gets another Potential, so Rook actually has 7. Rook should pick an Advance now between episodes, you can explain how you came by this new ability, whatever it is.

Also, Measure needs to do his end-of-session Move, and should shift Rook's Labels. If he grows into the team, he'd have 5 Potential and be able to take an advance.

Top Bottom