OOC Masks: The Spiderweb

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Well, I'm fine with Paladin sticking around.

Once the roll for Measure in the Nurse's office is dealt with, I expect that Rook and Measure will head over, though the fight may be over by that point.

Perfectly like a Delinquent to avoid anything that resembles real work. :)

Last edited:

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Well, I'm fine with Paladin sticking around.

Once the roll for Measure in the Nurse's office is dealt with, I expect that Rook and Measure will head over, though the fight may be over by that point.

Perfectly like a Delinquent to avoid anything that resembles real work. :)
And Measure will look terribly dapper and make a quip without getting his white gloves dirty - also in character ;)

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
His name is Matty Morrican / Blackout, son of Matthew Morrican / The Wraith, a made man in the Pavone crime family who uses gadgets and friends in high places to perform his work (he’s mostly a thief and blackmailer). The two abilities I thought Matty could use as a hero are a powerful weapon / gadget and mastery of a single skillset. The “weapon”, also called Blackout, is a computer program that can allow the user to remotely brick any computer it’s put onto, among other functions. The skillset I was thinking of was that of an actor. Matty can lie with the best of ‘em, take on entirely different personas, and think like another person well enough to predict their actions. I’m thinking he is a fellow member of the Drama Club with Measure.

My relationship with The Wraith is complicated, even more so because I still live with him and my mother. He doesn't have any conclusive proof that I'm Blackout, but he's also aware that I'm growing apart from him and that there isn't really anything he can do about it. That's regrettable to him, as he's fairly big on being seen to be a family man (which is why he tries to keep his family and work lives very much separate). However, he WILL just demolish me if he ever finds out, son or no.
From the little we've seen of him so far, I'm kind of picturing Al Pacino circa Donnie Brasco as Matt Senior. A respectable, smart professional criminal who tries to keep his family separate from his work life, although that wall is getting eroded.

Now, what I’ve done of my playbook:

NAME: Matthew Morrican Jr. (He prefers Matty).
HERO NAME: Blackout

LOOK:
  • Man (or Boy, really… He’s pretty small, and I imagine he’s a bit younger than the others)
  • White
  • Scrawny Body
  • Hand-me-down Clothing
  • No Costume

LINEAGE:
Type of Villain: Master Thief
Relationship: Sadly Opposed
Parent’s Abilities: Powerful allies, Arsenal of weapons and gadgets, Supremely honed skills
My Abilities: A powerful weapon or gadget (the Blackout Program), Mastery of a single skillset (Actor)

LABELS:
Danger +1, Freak 0, Savior +1, Superior +1, Mundane 0

BACKSTORY
Supervillain Parent:
Matthew Morrican Snr, aka. The Wraith. A member of the Pavone crime family, essential in their blackmailing operations (See above for a bit more detail).
Who told me about who my dad was, really?:
A Pavone thug spilled the beans to Matty about his Dad's nature as a card-carrying bad guy. Matty (as a civilian) was cornered by a group of thugs for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and one of the thugs stopped, remarked on Matty's resemblance to "Him", and asked Matty's name. When the big, scary looking men scurried off upon hearing the surname "Morrican", Matty became aware that his father might be hiding a dark secret...
Why did I decide to become a hero?:
I used to think my Dad was a great guy. Thought the world of him. It was a real shock to find out he’s a Villain. I lie a lot, like my Dad (so I’ve found out), so now I want to work toward being a good guy inside and out. Be what I thought my Dad was.
Who outside the team helps me?:
Not sure yet. Any ideas?
Why do I care about the team?:
They are like real heroes! I think the team are amazing, and all the idolisation that was directed to my Dad is now directed at them. I wanna be useful to them, support them. For them and for me.
This is all good so far. If you're not feeling inspired in your choice of an outside helper, feel free to tag someone we've already established in the setting, or keep it as a free tag that you can pull up in a future story when it seems appropriate. ("I never mentioned that I was an honorary member of the Bratva, did I?")

WHEN THE TEAM CAME TOGETHER
DannyK, do you want me to do this step, given I’m a late addition?
No, it doesn't seem to suit the situation. But to get the most juice from the playbook, there should be some connection between Blackout and the Wraith, even if nobody knows that they're father and son, like maybe that they're using similar tech, or similar outfits? Something which leads savvy people to wonder if they can trust them. What do you think?

RELATIONSHIPS
I’m open to feedback on this, but I was thinking I’d probably open up to Measure, as fellow Drama Club members, and it seems like Bolo or Knight is a good candidate for having been beaten up by my old man :p.

INFLUENCE:
2x Teammates (Again, probably Measure and one other).
Relationships are just fluff but Influence is pretty important.

MOVES
Changed Sides
White Lies
Cool; consider also All the Best Stuff, which lets you find other people's caches of equipment for the future, that move has loads of potential especially with Measure's No powers and not nearly enough training Move.

Actually, you're kind of doing the Changed Sides right now with the enforcer dude, so you can use it to keep up the facade if you want to keep fooling him. Neat!

[/quote]
RESPECT
I want Big Momma to be one of my Respect Targets, possibly as the Great Leader
I also like the idea of Paladin being one as either my Dad’s Enemy or a Great Hero.[/QUOTE]

I think Paladin would be a good candidate for Great Hero, since there aren't a whole lot of heroes in this version of Halcyon City. I wonder if the Wraith's worst enemy is somebody powerful that he's blackmailing, maybe even the mayor, chief of police, or someone from a rival crime family. You can always designate more Respect Targets on the fly, so if Blackout finds himself in a jail cell (or on stage) with Halcyon City's greatest rapper, just write him in and start talking.

I've got a couple more GM-type questions for Blackout to fill in some of the blank spots:
--what's Matty's mom like? Does she know about the secret lives of her husband and/or son? If she doesn't know about her husband being mobbed up, what does she think he does?
--How did you get to know the rest of the (so far unnamed) team? Did somebody like Paladin introduce you?
--How come your family lives in the UEB and you go to Redbrick High school if your dad is a famous thief, or do you? Do you live like mob royalty at home?
--What's something your dad did that you've found out about and feel really bad about?

Edit: Finally, I've created a space for your character on the Wiki so you can put his character sheet there and especially track his stats, it's a pain in the butt going back through the thread to figure out what your Labels should be and how many Potential you have.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Also, I'm giving you 3 Team to start with, none has been spent yet. I'll be putting the Team score in my posts during fights to help keep track of it since that's something Civil Savage does in his game and it seems to work really well.

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Also, I'm giving you 3 Team to start with, none has been spent yet. I'll be putting the Team score in my posts during fights to help keep track of it since that's something Civil Savage does in his game and it seems to work really well.
That's a really smart idea

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
Sorry about my radio silence on your other questions, DannyK. It's been a draining end to the week for me. Will get the answers up soon.

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
No problem, you gave a good example of how to Spend Twam to help out a teammate.

Unka Josh Unka Josh you’re up to 6, just we can treat it as a 7 if you spend a Team for yourself - just explain how you’re ignoring or insulting your teammates in your next post.

Top Bottom