IC Masks: The Spiderweb

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Theresa "Rook" Russo (Delinquent, the loud kind of quiet)

"Hey, K!" Theresa calls out too loudly into the waiting area. "Bibimbap. Let's hit it."

To William, she writes: On Z way. B there or B squared.

OOC: I don't think that a Provoke move for the thug to notice her (and maybe The Knight) is warranted as that is not Theresa's intent, though that is kind of what I, as a player, am trying to do.
 

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Matty Morrican, Blackout

OOC: Question: Does Matty recognise Doaks' name? OOC I think that Doaks and The Wraith most likely work together given Doaks' presence at the building site, but has Matty heard anything to give him that impression while spying on his dad? He never saw Doaks at the site, and Measure never mentioned it...

Despite the sinking feeling that the name was familiar, Matty was caught up enough in the heat of the moment that he didn't even worry about the slightly creepy letterhead. Mr Chao's words echoed in his head, A Dream come true!
He caught Kathy Gilani's eyes within the raucous, celebrating crowd. Without her insight, he couldn't have convinced Chao, no matter how good his improvisation skills. He'd been the face, she the brain. They made a pretty good team, he thought, his cheeks heating up a bit. He smiled at her, attempting to communicate that feeling. Respect, gratitude, and maybe just a little more.
OOC: So apart from jumping on a chance to make things awkward (coz why wouldn't I?), I am attempting to Share a Triumphant Celebration with Kathy. Does this count as executing the move? If so, what's her response? I respect her, does she respect me?
Blackout

The kids are cheering, especially Tommy who'd had a bad experience with the vampire trap last year and still bore the scars to prove it. Mr. Chao is smiling, as happy as you've ever seen him, just enjoying the moment. And Kathy catches your eye and steps right up to you, attempting an awkward high five that ends in just kind of bumping into you.

She leans close and whispers conspiratorially, "Nice speech, Mattson. Now we have to make sure he spends it on the right things." She's actually a few inches taller than you and smiles down at you.

Unregarded, the letter from the Doaks Foundation flutters to the ground.

OOC:
So, I'm thinking the Pavone family is probably associated with all kinds of unions and contractors and maybe even casinos and entertainers, but the name Doaks has come up a lot more in the last six months or so, enough that you've probably heard your father mention it on occasion when on the phone.

If you pried into things more, you'd get the impression that there was some kind of project or joint venture going on with the Pavone family and Doaks but the details are elusive. Have you been looking into it?

Regarding the celebration move -- I think you could probably get there with a little more conversation, she's looking at you expectantly right now. You could always take her to the restaurant with you and annoy your teammates.
 

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
Team=1

The Knight, Rook, Measure

Rook and the Knight get there first, walking through quiet sunny streets to their destination. Knight, you notice the gang kid eyeballing you as you leave.

The Lucky Tiger restaurant is empty as usual except for the bored owner sitting by the cash register and taking phone orders. There are several tables for dining in, one by the window, and a display case full of sodas and bubble tea. The center of attention is the large TV showing three extremely pretty Korean boys with rainbow colored hair, dressed up like gangsters and doing an amusing dance.

Measure arrives a little later since he had to go further and walk uphill from the construction site that's taken so much of your time and attention today. The owner brings you all menus and ice water and retreats to her station by the TV.
 

Hyena_Creative

Constant Giggler
Validated User
Matty Morrican, Blackout
The kids are cheering, especially Tommy who'd had a bad experience with the vampire trap last year and still bore the scars to prove it. Mr. Chao is smiling, as happy as you've ever seen him, just enjoying the moment. And Kathy catches your eye and steps right up to you, attempting an awkward high five that ends in just kind of bumping into you.

She leans close and whispers conspiratorially, "Nice speech, Mattson. Now we have to make sure he spends it on the right things." She's actually a few inches taller than you and smiles down at you.

Unregarded, the letter from the Doaks Foundation flutters to the ground.

OOC:
So, I'm thinking the Pavone family is probably associated with all kinds of unions and contractors and maybe even casinos and entertainers, but the name Doaks has come up a lot more in the last six months or so, enough that you've probably heard your father mention it on occasion when on the phone.

If you pried into things more, you'd get the impression that there was some kind of project or joint venture going on with the Pavone family and Doaks but the details are elusive. Have you been looking into it?

Regarding the celebration move -- I think you could probably get there with a little more conversation, she's looking at you expectantly right now. You could always take her to the restaurant with you and annoy your teammates.
Matty couldn’t help but chuckle at his and Kathy’s gloriously flawed high five, and at the Sherlock Holmes reference. He returned Kathy’s whisper with his own.
“Well I couldn’t have done it without your deduction skills. That’s another case cracked.”
He thought for a moment, then continued.
“Probably the way to progress is to get ourselves a list of things to fix from the backstage people, and then start dropping hints. Maybe we should ask William… But you know what we need to do first, right, before anything else? We need to do something to celebrate.”
The impact of what he’d just said took a moment to sink in.
We?
As in him and Kathy?
Just the two of them?
He suddenly knew exactly what it felt like to swallow his own tongue.
“Y’know... as... um, as a team...” he continued.
That hadn’t helped. It hadn’t clarified anything.
He looked up at Kathy, suddenly feeling very small. Searched her face for a reaction. Maybe she hadn’t noticed?
There was NO way she hadn’t noticed… was there?
OOC: Ok, I think the go after Matty putting his foot in his mouth like this is to see what Kathy’s reaction is, and to act accordingly. So, I’m going to attempt to Pierce her Mask.
Pierce the Mask = 2d6 + Mundane = 2d6 + 0 = 5 + 4 + 0 = 9
Only one question, then, probably the obvious one:
What do you want me to do?


OOC: As far as the Doaks stuff is concerned, I think Matty has been looking into it, particularly because Doaks is a new element in the Pavone Family network. It’s good to be up to date on their capabilities, after all.
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Measure

William smiles politely to the bored owner and takes a menu on his way to K & Teresa's table.

"I wonder if they have the chorizo bibimbap on the specials again. That was amazing."
 

QuZi

Libido Cattle Prod
Validated User
Theresa "Rook" Russo (Delinquent, strangely fond of tofu)

Theresa looks carefully and fully through all the menu items before settling on what she always gets, a tofu soup dish boiled with mussels, oysters and shrimp.

Distractedly, she says, "I'll just do the seafood soft tofu soup, I guess. White person spicy, as I'm not feeling courageous today."

Focusing more on William, she adds, "And how was your..."

She waves her arm airily.

"...thing?"
 

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Measure

William contemplates squeezing Theresa's arm and making a joke about whether she feels courageous or not, but decides against it as being too invasive of her personal space.

Instead, he shrugs at her question. "I... don't completely know? It's been a weird day full of high tech surveillance, rich developers fanboying at me, and homeless people asking for my help. And all of that was after I got mocked by a gang member with unsatisfactory grasp of the English language."

Though he's gotten over the largest stings of things, he's still thinking through the morning's events: can he be a hero in ways that matter? If it is possible to pensively eat a chorizo bibimbap, he does so.


William looks at K. "...Wanna share some dumplings?"
 
Top Bottom