• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative MCU: Avengers International seting riff (no infinity war spoilers)

DoctorWildstorm

Shaman of the Earth
Validated User
" My late friend Nicholas Fury had an idea.The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could.
Now after the events in Sokovia the nations of the world have worked together to create the Accords. In this spirit of togetherness I announce our newest operation. Remarkable people from all across the earth are being brought together to fight the battle and solve the problems of the new era after the battle of new york. I bring you the Avengers International Initiative teams." - Secretary general of the UN

In the comics, the civil war event led to the fifty states initiative, a team for every state. What if something like that happened in the MCU?
With the avengers organized under the united nations, one team made of a handful of americans headquartered in new york city would not be enough.

Crisis response teams coming from and protecting the whole world, national and ethnic tensions adding to the personal friction.
West coast avengers, pacific rim avengers, cape horn avengers, Mediterranean avengers etc.

Ill be back with more ideas later.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Avengers Ministry, formerly The Ministry of Unusual Events (or at least the only public version of said).

While they have offices (and facilities) in London, The Unit (what they call the strike team of the Avenger's Ministry) is actually based in Manchester. The Unit has training facilities, two UK version of a quinn jet (bigger, but slower) in a hanger, labs, and facilities for The Unit and three sets of Squaddies that are their back up.

The Unit currently has a psionic firestarter (Snap), a druid of notable magics, The current possessor of The Ebon Blade (a physicist who is working on making a force field shield) -(Black Knight), an Agent who is a cross between Coulson and James Bond - (The Agent), and a speedster mutate (Spitfire?). They have recently put an SAS soldier in a colorful and patriotic costume and billed him as Union Jack. (Hopefully this one works out better than the last two...) There is a team of geeky metascientists working behind the scenes to help The Unit deal with "issues". The Unit normally worked in the shadows, dealing with low end to medium end paranormal (oh we call them enhanced now) threats and some very small scale alien invasions/ infiltratitions. Now with The Avengers dealing with something big, The Cat is out of The Bag. It is time to be camera ready, with gaudy costumes and code names we actually have to use.

Since the UK is fielding AND FUNDING its own team, they are allowed to have their own grouping... instead of following the geographic team process.

The Unit has an abysmal working relationship with the Berlin based "Union Avengers." This is not a Brexit thing. The Union siders have had encounters with The Unit before. Hmmm. How to say it. Yes. Quite. It did not go well.

---- --0-- ----​

Okay, stumbled over this today 6/13. Thought it was funny and applicable....

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Control
Nobody knows who is Control (though some top theories are a top ex-shield agent, a super intelligent/ precognative mutant, or an AI presence that has surfaced to help Humanity (loose element of Jarvis?), are all intriguing.) Control is working with or for The Council, taking on "ideas that should be acted on" that come from The Council. (So far, though that last mission was not "initiated" by The Council except as a sidebar.)

Control is a chess master, anticipating needs and planning every element.

Control has a very specific MO. Various Enhanced are "tapped" by Control (most are initiative signed, but it seems like Control has contacts in the "unsigned" community). (They get a council confirmation in most cases.) Soon after, they receive a message or a phone call giving them part of a missions, a specific task. Sometimes Control is "the support voice" on the otherside of the comlink... you know The Van Guy/ Person looking stuff up/ the person hacking stuff from far away to help you. Most members on a mission do not interact with each other, or even do more than see another member on the mission. So enhanced or exceptionals (normal people who verge on enhanced like Hawkeye), or agents of note (from ex-Shield, current Hammer, or other agencies.) who would never work together (being on different teams or normal affiliations).

(Control is actually all three working together. But this keeps their secret because they don't always have to be "away" when Control is running a mission. Thus it keeps their secret. )

Last edited:

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Anyone? This has potential. It also allows for re-imagining of some Marvel Heroes in a Cinematic Universe Way. Or am I the only one?

LoneWolf23

Validated User
I like the concept, and while I'd love to work on a write-up of Alpha Flight (being Canadian myself), I've got a lot of work on my hands right now, but I'll see about writing something up. Maybe with a roster consisting of a mix from the various eras, instead of just the "classic" team. I much prefer the female Puck from Vol. 3 to her father, for example.

Mr. R

Validated User
I like the concept, and while I'd love to work on a write-up of Alpha Flight (being Canadian myself), I've got a lot of work on my hands right now, but I'll see about writing something up. Maybe with a roster consisting of a mix from the various eras, instead of just the "classic" team. I much prefer the female Puck from Vol. 3 to her father, for example.
Female Puck?

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I am thinking that [url="http ://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/H.A.M.M.E.R._(Earth-616)]H.A.M.M.E.R[/url] will be a good "International Shield Substitute". Shield will be back in the shadows where it can do the most Good. H.A.M.M.E.R will be the UN Sponsored, a secret organization with a logo everywhere, not quite the Good Guys but THE LAW.

Eventually they will have their own AVENGERS to deal with the Flagship AVENGERS when they go "rogue" (i.e. following Captain America's Way).

Norman is gone in the Spider Series, but hmm. Maybe a Hobgoblin.

--- -0- ---​

So we need villains. The Avengers deal with crisis level villains. Well, we now have a crisis team in every block of the world.

We have some big villains hiding out there.

We need a way to make Bad Guys. (Okay, we have stones, but no.) So we need someone (The Remains of Hydra Science folks.... which half of which are working for HAMMER.) to make enhanced. They sell the service to the magia, the mafia, the yakuza, and so on. They might sell the service to various governments too.

We have a lot of gear being made by Chitari leftovers. (Seen Homecoming?)

So we have MAD SCIENCE happening in the background. (Some Aliens hiding back here.... supporting the mad science to keep the various Avengers busy.)

It is the Kree by the way. It keeps the Humans busy. It trains up enhanced. When the Skrull or Chitari come back, the Humans will be trained enough to stop them. The Humans will have enough tech toys that they will make FTL Quinn Jets. They will take out The Skrull for The Kree.

Our Inhumans... will be working for the Kree eventually.

Of course, Captain Marvel may mess with this idea. So perhaps, it is not The Supreme Intellligence's Governmment, but a side group of Kree.

Last edited:

csyphrett

Validated User
I think there are not a lot of Marvel heroes on the international stage in the comics to adapt. A lot of things would have to be made up whole cloth.

Outside of Alpha Flight and Excalibur, a lot of international supers are basically members of X-men, or flag suits for their countries like Sabra and the Soviet Super Soldiers.

Your one post took almost all the heroes who worked in Great Britain in one shot except for the Cassidys, and Captain Britain.

I admit I have been thinking about this for a bit because I have an ongoing project where I am using bits of things to flesh out, but I am not really a fan of marvel in any form.

Maybe I can put together something for the Pacific. Sunfire still works out of Japan, right?
CES

Top Bottom