• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
True, it's not 100% certain, but I'd be inclined to believe its him over someone like Coldblood. Like I don't think they every officially said Florence Pugh is Yelena by name, have they? Yet one of the set photos clearly has a container marked 'Yelena' so it's safe to assume.
I'm kind of afraid if it is Tasky.
On one hand Seeing him on the big screen would awesome.
On the other the otherhand "Unthinkable"...
Some people have "One More Day. I have "Unthinkable".

Desert_Ranger

I die free
Validated User
I'm kind of afraid if it is Tasky.
On one hand Seeing him on the big screen would awesome.
On the other the otherhand "Unthinkable"...
Some people have "One More Day. I have "Unthinkable".
Wasn’t “unthinkable” the fantastic four story where
Spoiler: Show
dr doom skins his ex-girlfriend and makes an evil magic suit out of her?

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
That is interesting. I'm very "meh" on whether this is good or bad; the form and length of stories told in commercial mediums has always been dictated by commercial interests. Like in the network TV era where shows would last a certain number of seasons (4?) to ensure there were enough episodes for syndication.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
There are/were probably different optimum seasons, depending on the length of the episodes, genre, etc. I always heard it was 7 seasons. There's probably some math involving number of episodes, the number of months you could air new eps on a daily rotation and on a weekly one, different markets, yadda yadda.

Menocchio

Eccentric Thousandaire
Validated User
That is interesting. I'm very "meh" on whether this is good or bad; the form and length of stories told in commercial mediums has always been dictated by commercial interests. Like in the network TV era where shows would last a certain number of seasons (4?) to ensure there were enough episodes for syndication.
The magic number was 100 episodes. Which is four standard television seasons plus a little extra, but not all seasons are created equal even in the old days.
But yeah, that's pretty shitty for both creators and watchers. Many good shows only really hit their stride in season two, and three and four are often quite good.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
The magic number was 100 episodes. Which is four standard television seasons plus a little extra, but not all seasons are created equal even in the old days.
But yeah, that's pretty shitty for both creators and watchers. Many good shows only really hit their stride in season two, and three and four are often quite good.
And many's the show that has, for instance, a good 1st season, loses there way for a season, and then comes back around. I haven't seen season 3 of Daredevil yet, but I hear it's an improvement on the somewhat if-y season 2, approaching season 1's quality.

And what about shows that take a season or two to find their footing? Don't look for them on Netflix, I guess.

It's going to be interesting to see how the proliferation of streaming services creates niches, with some finding it economically viable to pursue long-running series and some not bothering.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
100 was optimal for syndication, running the show on different network affiliates in endless repeat cycles.
As mentioned in a tweet it mot something that Netflix needs.
It doesn't have airtime to fill up.

Top Bottom