• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
It's a more dirtbag version of Seinfeld. One of the best known comedies, period.
I have often described it as "Seinfeld with even worse (and far stupider) people." It's quite definitively comedy, but obviously that doesn't mean anyone needs to think it's funny ;)

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Always Sunny is like Bojack Horseman where it does it's specific thing really well, unbelievably well. If you're not into that specific thing it's purely horrifying instead. Actually horror movies are a good analogy. Generally speaking no matter the quality of the horror movie, I'm still going to hate it.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
I have often described it as "Seinfeld with even worse (and far stupider) people." It's quite definitively comedy, but obviously that doesn't mean anyone needs to think it's funny ;)
Ah...thats what it is....Yeah, I never found Seinfeld funny either so that would explain why I bounced hard off of IASIP.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Random fun thing my wife pointed out...

...STILL, for all we know, Pepper could very well be stable-extremis'd :D
That would suggest that Tony was too.
He infected himself with Extremis for the surgery to remove the shrapnel, so either he was stabled extremis too or he develope both a way to stable it (on Pepper) and a way to remove it (on him).

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
It was the only way to do it with risking his life.
He didn't install an arc reactor in his chest for giggles.
I never got the impression that Extremis was involved in Tony's removal of the arc reactor, but possibly I missed a line of exposition. My understanding was that he installed it because it was the best available alternative to the car battery keeping him alive in that terrorist prison cave, and after that it was part of his identity as Iron-man.

He didn't have it removed sooner because it worked, so removing it would be an unnecessary risky surgery. But then by the end of IM3 he finally accepted that he'd be better off in the long run getting it over with.

Top Bottom