• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MCU] *Short* retrospective videos up to Endgame that hit the references?

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Next weekend, my dad is supposed to come up and visit, which will, coincidentally, be right after Endgame is released on blu ray. I always watch the MCU movies with him, in the theater sometimes but mostly on video. He's four movies behind currently, and I hope we can binge our way through Ant-Man and The Wasp, Captain Marvel, and then Endgame that weekend. But he also doesn't tend to rewatch movies a lot. So he probably hasn't seen Iron Man in a decade, and he probably doesn't remember a lot of the individual scenes that get callbacks in Endgame.

I don't really want to find all the clips I want to show him individually online, because that's really highlighting what to look out for--here's a scene where no one can lift Thor's hammer but Captain America can kind of make it shift, and I'm not showing you this before we watch Endgame for any particular reason--but having watched several "road to Endgame" retrospectives, I notice that a lot of them skip over things like the party scene from Age of Ultron with Mjolnir, or the elevator fight in The Winter Soldier, or almost everything about Thor: The Dark World, or how Gamora and Nebula sort-of reconciled in Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 in favor of explaining what happened in The Incredible Hulk or editorializing that Ant-Man isn't that important to the MCU or just trying to be snarky about something.

So does anyone have any good, fairly short--I don't want to be watching a video for an hour or more--video recommendations that will show some of the highlights of the MCU up to Endgame without giving away much in the way of plot points?

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
Nat telling Hawkeye about the red in her ledger in Avengers Assemble - as an example of the character moments it manages to slip in.

Captain Marvel vs Ronan's fleet - as an example of an epic power display.

I want to say the arrival in Wakanda from Black Panther - as an example of them realising the world - but I'm not sure what it brings to a road to Endgame.

That Ravager gathering from Guardians 2 (not the funeral, the one on the planet before the gilded assioles arrive) - also as an example of a realised world.

The moment where the Ancient One asks Dr Strange what made him a good surgeon, and his answer "Practice" followed by a look at the sorcerers training - to illustrate the difference between Steven and Tony's brands of arrogance. (Maybe juxtaposed with Steve asking what Tony would be without his suit, and Tony saying "Genius, blillionaire, playboy, philanthropist).

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I don't mean what clips can I show, because I know that. I mean is there a video out there that incorporates a bunch of those bits as a lead-up to Endgame so I don't have to look up a bunch of clips?

Top Bottom