• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[MCU] Spider-man: Far from home (I has seen it) (Spoilers)

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wait, it actually wasn't Led Zeppelin? I don't usually listen to rock music so I just took Peter Parker's word for it.
It was an AC/DC song (Stark was shown before having a fondness for AC/DC and Black Sabbath), although Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" makes a notable appearance in Ragnarok (which could have also made use of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck").

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
Wait, it actually wasn't Led Zeppelin? I don't usually listen to rock music so I just took Peter Parker's word for it.
Back in Black is AC/DC.

It's also the song that plays in the first Iron Man movie just before Stark is injured. Bringing it back was definitely done for a capital-P Point, both by Happy (who would have known) and on the creative side.

Xopher

Social Justice Jedi
Validated User
I have to say I love how there was a support group and Cap was running it. 😁
I absolutely love that, not only because it's consistent with Cap's compassion and humanism, it also shows the parallel between him and Sam, and establishes why he passes the shield off to Sam: He and Sam are very similar in feeling a responsibility to protect other people. The first time we see Sam, he's leading a veteran support group. I remember when I saw that, I thought that it was just the sort of thing that Cap would be doing as a modern person. Bringing us back to that was perfect for reminding us how close in nature Sam and Steve are.

PeterM

Validated User
It was an AC/DC song (Stark was shown before having a fondness for AC/DC and Black Sabbath), although Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" makes a notable appearance in Ragnarok (which could have also made use of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck").
Should. Which should have made use of “Thunderstruck.” But every movie should use “Thunderstruck.”

Capellan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Should. Which should have made use of “Thunderstruck.” But every movie should use “Thunderstruck.”
But no movie will ever use it as wonderfully as Battleship already did.

We saw Far from Home this week. I liked it a lot, and my wife enjoyed it too, which was a pleasant surprise as she was pretty "meh" about Homecoming.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
I loved that there were enough clues that something was off about Hill and Fury that you picked up on it but not quite enough that you 100% knew.....and of course always the possibility that they were holographic plants by Beck on more than 1 occasion.

I'm so glad Ben Mendelsohn has gotten to do a semi-comedic role again I was wondering if he was getting typecast as a bad guy.

Awesome movie. Chemistry between all the kids was off the chart.

Matchstick

Validated User
I'm so glad Ben Mendelsohn has gotten to do a semi-comedic role again I was wondering if he was getting typecast as a bad guy.
I believe that's actually one of the primary reasons Mendelsohn was cast. He's been so typecast as a bad guy that it really sets the audience up to believe Talos is just another in the long line of them he's played, making the reveal that much more surprising.

Top Bottom