• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Mechaton] Best Sets for Parts

CADmonkey

Validated User
Something that I found recently in some bookstores and toystores: Brickmaster "books" -- a bag of bricks & minifigs and a book of building instructions in a book shaped box. These sets are "multi-build" types, so they contain a lot of SNOT & Technic pieces that are great for Mechaton.

And there's one of the set that's a better deal than the others: while most of the Brickmaster Books come with about 140 bricks, the Star Wars set comes with 240 bricks at the same price as the others, it's like getting 100 bricks for free! :D I'd also like to note that the Brickmaster Star Wars set includes this part, which is very useful for a few mecha builds.

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
Something that I found recently in some bookstores and toystores: Brickmaster "books" -- a bag of bricks & minifigs and a book of building instructions in a book shaped box. These sets are "multi-build" types, so they contain a lot of SNOT & Technic pieces that are great for Mechaton.
Ooohh, great recommendation.

And there's one of the set that's a better deal than the others: while most of the Brickmaster Books come with about 140 bricks, the Star Wars set comes with 240 bricks at the same price as the others, it's like getting 100 bricks for free! :D I'd also like to note that the Brickmaster Star Wars set includes this part, which is very useful for a few mecha builds.
Here's the Star Wars Brickmaster inventory. The Atlantis Brickmaster is good as well.

The Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendar also has some excellent parts. See if you can grab it at marked down prices before it disappears.

CADmonkey

Validated User
And that reminds me: this set also includes two T Bars, another very useful part for mecha construction.
Oh yeah, there's a bunch of good pieces in that one too, I particularly like all of the red and black pieces.
The Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendar also has some excellent parts. See if you can grab it at marked down prices before it disappears.
Wow, look at all of those T Bars and Technic pins! There's a toy store near where I work that still has a bunch of those, I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Mantisking

BosTan Cat Herder
Validated User
I'm going to recommend the Battle of Hoth game, but not for the reason people think. It looks like it has a couple of travis bricks and bunch of cool parts (clips, hinges, etc.). The real reason I'm recommending this is that it features 32 microfigs, which seem to be the perfect scale for humans in Mobile Frame Zero.

ROU Xenophobe

Retired User
This line is a placeholder.

I've been poking around the Online Pick-A-Brick on Lego.com, and it has all the parts you need for all three frames. Not all in stock, but that's a pretty minor issue.

I'm compiling a list of element names/numbers for easy shopping, and when it's done, I'll update this post with it.

CADmonkey

Validated User
Wow, look at all of those T Bars and Technic pins! There's a toy store near where I work that still has a bunch of those, I'll have to keep an eye on them.
So it's March now, and that toy store still has a bunch of advent calendars still not on sale. Hm.

But here's something that I noticed: This set, which comes with, amongst other things, three of these, two of these, one of these in trans-clear, and a bunch of 1x1 plates with clips. It's a nice little set.

Top Bottom