• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Mechaton] I did the Mechaton/Metal Frame Zero Kickstarter! (I... have no LEGOs)

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
So, I loved the Xevoz toys that came out a few years ago.
I love putting stuff together. I love Gundam toys.
I saw the Mechaton/MFZ kickstarter and said "This looks like my cup of tea."

And then I realized I have no LEGOs.

Any recommendations for good ways with currently available sets to get into Mechaton building?

OH, and a LEGO store just opened up in the mall near me. Bonus!

Guide me, oh Mecha ABS Sages!

Vrylakos

Darth Bathrobe

Large Herald at Large
Validated User
Good thing about a Lego store for Mechaton players? In addition to sets, they also sell bricks/parts in bulk. The selection may not always be what you need, but it's definitely helpful.

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
Good thing about a Lego store for Mechaton players? In addition to sets, they also sell bricks/parts in bulk. The selection may not always be what you need, but it's definitely helpful.
I did note that and figured that would be a tremendous boon. I just need to figure out what I might need to buy.

Oh, and the price. I didn't have a chance to figure out how the LEGO buffet is priced.

Vrylakos

Phasma Felis

Registered Luser
Validated User
The Mechaton Frame Design thread is good to browse for ideas. The "official" frames are super awesome looking, but I also think it's important to just buy some likely-looking kits and see what you can turn them into. Once you've done that, you'll have a better idea of what can be done and what pieces you want to focus on hunting down. Gnomick and I had a little discussion about that starting here, and he got some good little bots out of it. :)

Top Bottom