wasn't born with enough middle fingers
RPGnet Member
Validated User
New thread!
Prior thread HERE.
Old thread HERE.
Older thread HERE.
Even older thread HERE.
Oldest thread HERE. Thanks to Radendaren for finding it!

Useful links:
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ - Smurfy's MWO mech builder, super useful for planning
http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/ - MWO subreddit, good for news
http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/ - angry MWO subreddit, good for anger

useful stuff, maybe?:

Spoiler: Show

Commando - The Death's Knell
1875 MC - $7.50 to $10.41 USD
no FF
no endo
DHS equipped!
no XL engine

Cicada - The X-5
3000 MC - $12.00 to $16.67 USD
fully equipped!
XL 330 engine!

Centurion - Yen-Lo-Wang
3750 MC - $15.00 to $20.84 USD
no FF
no endo
no DHS
no XL

Kintaro - Golden Boy
4125 MC - $16.50 to $22.92 USD
no FF
no endo
DHS equipped!
no Artemis
XL 220 engine!

Dragon - Fang
4500 MC - $18.00 to $25.00 USD
no FF
endo equipped!
no DHS
no Artemis
no XL

Dragon - Flame
4500 MC - $18.00 to $25.00 USD
no FF
endo equipped!
no DHS
no Artemis
no XL

Jagermech - Firebrand
4875 MC - $19.50 to $27.09 USD
no FF
endo equipped!
DHS equipped!
XL 280 engine!

Cataphract - Ilya Muromets
5250 MC - $21.00 to $29.17 USD
no FF
no endo
no DHS
XL 280 engine!

Victor - Dragon Slayer
6000 MC - $24.00 to $33.33 USD
no FF
endo equipped!
DHS equipped!
no Artemis
XL 330 engine!

Awesome - Pretty Baby
6000 MC - $24.00 to $33.33 USD
no FF
no endo
DHS equipped!
no Artemis
XL 340 engine!

Stalker - Misery
6375 MC - $25.50 to $35.42 USD
no FF
no endo
no DHS
no Artemis
no XL engine

Highlander - Heavy Metal
6750 MC - $27.00 to $37.51 USD
no FF
no endo
DHS equipped!
no Artemis
XL 275 engine!

October 15: Locust
Locust, Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, Battlemaster delivered to appropriate Project Phoenix backers​
November 19: Shadow Hawk
December 17: Thunderbolt
Griffin, Wolverine delivered to Saber Reinforcements backers​
January 21: BattleMaster
February 18: Griffin
March 18: Wolverine

I'd like to buy an XL engine for whatever. What mech can I buy with c-bills to get a certain XL?

XL 210: Raven RVN-3L — 5.86 million c-bills

XL 250: Trebuchet TBT-7M — 7.62 million c-bills

XL 255: Stalker STK-5M — 9.06 million c-bills

XL 260: Jagermech JM6-DD — 8.51 million c-bills

XL 280: Cataphract CTF-3D — 9.88 million c-bills

XL 300: Centurion CN9-D — 8.16 million c-bills
Trebuchet TBT-3C — 8.50 million c-bills​
Orion ON1-M — unknown​
Atlas AS-7K — 13.69 million c-bills​

XL 320: Cicada CDA-3M — 7.10 million c-bills
Awesome AWS-9M — 11.53 million c-bills​

MWO RPGnet active player list as of 12 December, 2013:
RPGnet handle - MWO handle
Comrade Winston - Comrade Smith
Dulahan - Dulahan
Psymon - PsymonTheWizard
ReallyBored - ReallyBored
ShadowbaneX - ShadowbaneX

J. H. Frank

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Has there been any confirmation on the time skip?
A.) PGI floated the idea of timeskips a full year ago, in Ekman's Reddit AMA.

Nerroth said:
Hello.

As you may have noted, your counterparts at Catalyst have been expanding upon the alternate era support which BattleTech can facilitiate; with books on the Jihad and the Clan Wars of Reaving, then back to the Year of the Star League, and now on to the year 3145 (and beyond, with hints of an "ilClan" floating around.)

However, if MWO retains the one-day-per-BT-day setup it has at present, it may never be able to go forward (or back) far enough to cover the Star League, Jihad/WoR, or Dark Age eras.

Is there a plan to one day open the game up to a broader degree of era-specific settings and arenas for MWO, or will it remain firmly planted in the Clan Invasion era for the foreseeable future?
Bryan Ekman said:
We've designed the game to support this concept. For now, we're focused on the Clan Invasion 50-52. After that, anything is possible.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cyz2x/i_am_bryan_ekman_the_creative_director_of/c9lap7c

B.) They're running out of Inner Sphere mechs.
corollary to B.) Barring a Harmony Gold-related miracle or the very, very long shot of them doing a SLDF Royals pack, they're out of obvious Inner Sphere theme-packs for after the Operation: Rebirth Clan packs drop.

C.) PGI has or had Alex Iglesias working on the Mauler, and there aren't enough variants to throw it in the game without a timeskip, C3, or a bunch of handwaving.

A timeskip, almost definitely with a multiple-mech package deal to kick it off, is a matter of when, not if.

Dulahan

Validated User
Eh, they'll just go straight to Clan Mechs since most people will probably stop using the IS stuff given the Clan stuff, even with the Nerfs, is just plain better. Think the LRMpocalypse is bad now? wait for the Clan version, can't even get close to them in a light.

EDIT: And reposting my question too: CDA-3M - XL300, 2 ERLL, ECM, and BAP? Or go for an XL320 and no BAP?

Last edited:

J. H. Frank

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Eh, they'll just go straight to Clan Mechs since most people will probably stop using the IS stuff given the Clan stuff, even with the Nerfs, is just plain better. Think the LRMpocalypse is bad now? wait for the Clan version, can't even get close to them in a light.
They're releasing one IS and one Clan mech a month (unless they change their minds).

And XL300, ECM, 2x PPC.

Dulahan

Validated User
They're releasing one IS and one Clan mech a month (unless they change their minds).

And XL300, ECM, 2x PPC.
Honestly? I'm too bad a shot for PPCs. I miss so much it's not worth it over LLs. And too often people get in my range and then I'm really screwed up close.

EDIT: And I see you don't get extra detection from BAP when you have ECM... so dropped that! Upgraded to a 320XL, and added a Small Laser, since, well, nothing else to do with only half a ton.

Last edited:

J. H. Frank

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Couple more points that I didn't think of last night:

Clan LRMs may or may not have a minimum range. I think the latest design gives them scaling damage fall-off below 180m.

And they're probably trying for the "Clantech balanced with IS-tech" thing, in part, so they can run dual mech pipelines and theoretically sell twice as many robots a month.

Critias

Social Justice Galliard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My week off from RPG.net, because I still had time to kill sitting in front of a computer screen, kind of turned into an 80's-era training montage for Mechwarrior Online. I dragged some of my k/d ratios up, tried out new weapons, dabbled in more Mechbays to start grinding XP (because I finally decided to check out skill trees, and how they work), experimented with new chassis, played with ECM, etc, etc. So yeah, it was fun. I also tried out a new Logitech Pro 3d joystick, and decided that introducing a new controller weeks into playing a game was A Bad Idea, so went back to my mouse and keyboard (the joystick has promise, mostly as a means of handling quite a few weapon groups, but it's just irritating to re-learn a game).

Is it weird that my main complaint about the game, amidst all that, is how ludicrously expensive colored paints are? I bought a few when they were on sale (because I'm a terrible fanboy and wanted to paint up my rides in red and black, Kell Hounds for life)...but damn, it's just irritating how many colors are available only in exchange for actual Earth-dollars, instead of C-bills. *grumble grumble grumble*

J. H. Frank

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wondering if PGI can go to the Clan Mech Package well twice. Are any of the ones left very iconic? (Aside from the Vulture, which is boss as fuck.)

20 tons:
Fire Moth (Dasher)—needs MASC

25 tons:
Mist Lynx (Koshi)

30 tons:
Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)
Kit Fox (Uller)

35 tons:
Adder (Puma)

40 tons:
Battle Cobra
Pouncer
Viper (Dragonfly)

45 tons:
Ice Ferret (Fenris)
Shadow Cat—needs MASC

50 tons:
Huntsman (Nobori-nin)
Nova (Black Hawk)

55 tons:
Stooping Hawk
Stormcrow (Ryoken)

60 tons:
Lupus
Mad Dog (Vulture)

65 tons:
Crossbow
Ebon Jaguar (Cauldron-Born)
Hellbringer (Loki)

70 tons:
Summoner (Thor)

75 tons:
Timber Wolf (Mad Cat)

80 tons:
Gargoyle (Man o' War)
Naga—needs Arrow IV

85 tons:
Warhawk (Masakari)

90 tons:
Kingfisher

95 tons:
Executioner (Gladiator)—needs MASC

100 tons:
Dire Wolf (Daishi)

3052 mechs:
Black Lanner
Fire Falcon
Night Gyr
Linebacker
Phantom
Turkina

Last edited:

J. H. Frank

RPGnet Member
Validated User
oh no.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that once PGI implements MASC they could just do another $240 8-mech Clan pack with the Dasher, Koshi, Dragonfly, Fenris, Vulture, Loki, Man o' War and Gladiator.

That'd be so PGI.

Radendaren

pew pew pew lasers
Validated User
oh no.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that once PGI implements MASC they could just do another $240 8-mech Clan pack with the Dasher, Koshi, Dragonfly, Fenris, Vulture, Loki, Man o' War and Gladiator.

That'd be so PGI.
Except this time it'd be $300 for the full set because... REASONS!

Top Bottom