[Mechwarrior Online] Six Major Eras of Battletech—The Sixth MWO ilThread

Dulahan

Validated User
The Crab is the new Centurion. Even harder to kill, great slots for laserboat loadouts.
OK, serious question. And I've played off and on since the game launched.

WTF do you even mean? I get killed as soon as something looks at me funny in a Crab. It's still one of my favorite mechs. But hard to kill my foot!

wilsch

Validated User
OK, serious question. And I've played off and on since the game launched.

WTF do you even mean? I get killed as soon as something looks at me funny in a Crab. It's still one of my favorite mechs. But hard to kill my foot!
Do the Stalker nose-wiggle to roll damage, and of course as with all fuselage-type chassis, watch accidentally falling into profile. And be that sneaky, dishonorable MechWarrior taking shots like you're invisible!

So, for somebody looking to get back to it after years away, what's a good resource to get started? Any 'mechs that are a solid, easy-to-use ride? The last time I played, the Centy with SRM-6 and ML mixes were considered solid.
Over the past months I've felt like a lot of Inner Sphere mediums got left behind; especially those with limited hardpoints. They're not unusable, but require more effort and in some cases are DPS-capped, so you need a good, long game to rack up scores. If you mean the CN9-A with 3x SRM-6, I don't see them but that might just mean they're just out of sight from the monkey-see-monkey-do we're all a part of. Part of it might be the prevalence of dual Heavy Gauss on assaults, where you're throwing 40 spread and they're knocking 50 from one location. But SRM bludgeoners are definitely not extinct. Worth trying!

Last edited:

Dulahan

Validated User
Do the Stalker nose-wiggle to roll damage, and of course as with all fuselage-type chassis, watch accidentally falling into profile. And be that sneaky, dishonorable MechWarrior taking shots like you're invisible!
OK, this is why I will probably always suck at the game. Because I can't aim when I'm staying still, let alone trying to do something like that!

Dulahan

Validated User
And THERE's the match I needed for the day.

778 damage (2 kills, 8 assists), 554 Match Score. On a LOSS. One of the best matches I've ever played in though too.

I'll take it. Needed that to get my groove back on. Also, Light Engines have brought the Dragon back to being fun!

Starcrash

Validated User
Nice going, Dulahan Dulahan !

Yeah, the skill tree was a big change. I try not to get too caught up in it. Lights and mediums get mobility, heavies and assaults get durability. Everything else gets split between whatever seems good - so a light gets double UAVs and radar dep, and an Awesome gets everything for PPCs and heat management.

Light engines, though. Game-changer.

Dulahan

Validated User
Nice going, Dulahan Dulahan !

Yeah, the skill tree was a big change. I try not to get too caught up in it. Lights and mediums get mobility, heavies and assaults get durability. Everything else gets split between whatever seems good - so a light gets double UAVs and radar dep, and an Awesome gets everything for PPCs and heat management.

Light engines, though. Game-changer.
Oh. Fuck yes. So many things! Like I said, my first mech ever - a Dragon 5n? I never clicked with it. though had some luck with a UAC5 and 2 MPL plus some SRMS in the CT. Post new tech? OH HELL YES. Light Engine, still that UAC5, but now it's 2 ERLLs and a MRM 10. Just to start this shit. Assaults? OMG! It helps! '

Otherwise, I've always been of the personal goal if I do 200+ damage I did my job. Especially as MOSTLY a Medium pilot. Once in a great while, I manage some sort of godly tier match. When I do assaults, 400-500 damage isn't uncommon either. But yeah, was so happy with that match. Couldn't believe it when I saw the score. EVERYONE on both teams was just on point and doing their jobs. Such a fun match.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
And THERE's the match I needed for the day.

778 damage (2 kills, 8 assists), 554 Match Score. On a LOSS. One of the best matches I've ever played in though too.

I'll take it. Needed that to get my groove back on. Also, Light Engines have brought the Dragon back to being fun!
I had a match like that too this afternoon. Oddly with my first mech, the Catapult-K2. It's no longer a uAC/5 mech, it's got rAC/5s now. I guess someone heard my ranting earlier about them and decided to prove me wrong and show me they're useful. 500 match score, 5 kills, can't remember the damage. Good fight.

As for the Centurion, what if you were to load it up with MRM20s instead of SRM6s? Could that give it a nice punch?

Dulahan

Validated User
Oh yeah. RAC5s are fucking LOVE.

LOVE.

I adore them. Especially as someone who isn't the best aim with one shot sorts of things.

Top Bottom