🎨 Creative [Media Draft] Holy Great Bat-Draft, Batman!

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
Signups so far:
  • CarpeGuitarrem
  • Daz Florp Lebam
  • DeafnotDumb
  • HNutz
  • Airk
  • Quendalon
  • Eric the .5b
  • ThePhantom
I think there's a little more room; I think 10-12 is a good number to shoot for. That, or Saturday, whichever comes first.

DeafnotDumb

Validated User
For when we'd start the draft, I'd like a brief description of what we're working from - a) what the state of Batman is in the 1940's beginning b) how beholden we are to the DC comics that are presumably running concurrently(?), or if this is basically an AU and c) any 'facts' about Batman we have to keep. Is he Bruce Wayne of Gotham, does he have to be rich .e.t.c.

In short, an outline of our series pitch?

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I'd like to get in, if there's still room.
You bet!
For when we'd start the draft, I'd like a brief description of what we're working from - a) what the state of Batman is in the 1940's beginning b) how beholden we are to the DC comics that are presumably running concurrently(?), or if this is basically an AU and c) any 'facts' about Batman we have to keep. Is he Bruce Wayne of Gotham, does he have to be rich .e.t.c.

Yeah, that's a great idea. I don't want to restrict too hard, I absolutely want to leave a lot of room for the initial Bat and/or subsequent bats to potentially diverge from the one we know.

Eric the .5b

Hail the Milleni-odel!
Validated User

I kinda thought that would be the first post, like in the Doctor Who draft. (Though we do have that bit about this being an adaptation that complicates things.)

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
You bet!

Yeah, that's a great idea. I don't want to restrict too hard, I absolutely want to leave a lot of room for the initial Bat and/or subsequent bats to potentially diverge from the one we know.
I think I have "my" Batman set up, but not knowing when my series will take place is keeping me from planning too much at the moment.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I kinda thought that would be the first post, like in the Doctor Who draft. (Though we do have that bit about this being an adaptation that complicates things.)
I think my rough thought is this: OMP headlines an adaptation of the Batman comics of the time. Is it faithful? Does it stick with the same tone? That is very, very up in the air, and it comes down to the first Batman. Heck, the imaginary Batman comics of this timeline might even wind up changing to fit what gets established in the draft!

Myth

Southern Mane
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'll be an observer for this one.

See you at the same Bat-time, on the same Bat-channel.

Top Bottom