• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play VI: Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

brahnamin

Will GM for Beer
Validated User
System TBD . . . Any interest?
Don't Rest Your Head is my go-to for horror. It plays beautifully in PBP and is designed primarily for short games (you have to really tweak it to make it play ongoing adventures). PDF is like five bucks on drive thru and the rules summary is one page. Easy to pick up, easy to run.

I would be down for that in a heartbeaat. Of the others, I'd play SWA, but probably not so much with the D&D.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Is there currently an Artificer class available anywhere in 5e? I've been feeling the need to play an Artificer lately... I haven't done Planescape in so long.

Talisman

The Man of Talis
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Don't Rest Your Head is my go-to for horror. It plays beautifully in PBP and is designed primarily for short games (you have to really tweak it to make it play ongoing adventures). PDF is like five bucks on drive thru and the rules summary is one page. Easy to pick up, easy to run.

I would be down for that in a heartbeaat. Of the others, I'd play SWA, but probably not so much with the D&D.
I actually own DRYH, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for for this particular adventure. Good thought, though.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Has anyone ever tried running Royal Blood - the Tarot and Coin-based RPG by Grant Howitt where you're Tarot-based Royals trying to run a Heist on a Major Arcana?

DannyK

One Shot Man
Validated User
It sounds really cool! You can buy it in PDF for $10, but it's actively painful for me to read, at least in the sample pages on his Itch.io page. The layout person did something that literally makes my eyes go unfocused and brings on vertigo. It's really a brilliant example of creativity gone bad.

fireinthedust

Validated User
It sounds really cool! You can buy it in PDF for $10, but it's actively painful for me to read, at least in the sample pages on his Itch.io page. The layout person did something that literally makes my eyes go unfocused and brings on vertigo. It's really a brilliant example of creativity gone bad.
I’m curious! I’m not sure if all the arcana would be monsters (I just don’t get that vibe from the Star, for example), but it’s an interesting concept.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
It looks like, if it works, its a "Last Call" RPG that doesn't have the enormous (and really fun) baggage of Unknown Armies.

Its not a complicated or crunchy system at all, but I haven't finished reading. I get where you're coming from DannyK, though when I actually focus on reading passed the first few pages (which seem to be the worst offenders), I don't have much trouble with them.

Max

A dapper chap without a doubt
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd love to play in a Western of some kind - plain, spaghetti, space, horror, something.

Top Bottom