• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play VI: Keep Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Meriss

Chaos Incarnate
Validated User
Hi! I haven't played an RPG in any real way in way too many years. Haven't done text-based RPing in any sort of regular fashion in almost twenty years. (Shoutout to the MU*es I spent way too many hours of my life having fun on!) Haven't done anything significant, creatively, in a while. Basically, in many ways, I'm starting from zero.

So, what I'm looking for is a GM and/or group who are willing to give a lapsed RPer in a format they aren't used to a chance, and are willing to be patient as I fumble my way to fluency.

To fit the subject of the thread, the "game [I'd] really like to play" is "the one where I beat my anxiety and my prize is I get to RP again" and I'm hoping one or more of you might be able to help me play that game.

Specifically, genre-wise some kind of space opera, sci-fi, or sci-fantasy would be sweet, system-wise anything but GURPS.
Mark me as interested -as a potential player - to see what develops here.
If either of you are interested I am running a cyber punk game in FATE core.
Over here

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Once the Heart one-shot I'm running finishes, which may be soon, I'm thinking of running a one-shot of Die, or maybe a one-shot of some PBTA game from my vast library, or maybe some Delta Green/Fall of Delta Green. So many interesting possibilities, so little DannyK to go around.
You know you've got my attention, DK.

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
So, given that in the less than 3 and a half hours since I posted I've spent the last...all of that time...feeling super anxious and scared (actually scared, like WTF?) because of that post, I think I have to admit to myself I am actually not ready for this. So, never mind, you fine folks, I'm heading back to my hole.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, given that in the less than 3 and a half hours since I posted I've spent the last...all of that time...feeling super anxious and scared (actually scared, like WTF?) because of that post, I think I have to admit to myself I am actually not ready for this. So, never mind, you fine folks, I'm heading back to my hole.
I've had that happen. Take care.
I'm very tempted to run some Scum & Villainy. 🤣 My plate is probably too full, but if people are okay with a slower post rate I could be conjoled.
My post rate is typically pretty slow anyway so I'd be up for it!

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Could be worse: you could have not realized it and stuck with your decision until part-way into the process.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I hope you get to feeling better. Would you like someone to let you know if they set out to run something easy and low-pressure? Maybe it'd be easier for you if you had a definite invite.

Metruis

Validated User
I know what that's like. I haven't played by post since 2012, and indeed, actually scared shows up when I think about participating in a fashion that requires me to come back over and over again. I'm sure I'll screw up somehow. Really we'd probably both be fine but I get it. Just consider, though, you were brave enough to follow up and express vulnerability about your current state, so surely you can be vulnerable enough to be creative in shared space too.

I did look through your FATE game, Meriss, but I don't think I'd be a good fit for a cop game. Though I am interested in trying FATE, I have never played it before.

Still, I think I'm at a point in life where I could be convinced to play a lower pressure game with a genre I liked. And then Nanowrimo would strike and everything would go to hell in a handbasket.

Space Opera, fantasy... like, something with a Discworld-esque tone, something goofy and fun in nature, that might get me playing. Shenanigans.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
I also know this feeling quite well. In my experience, listen to that voice - take a step back, reassess, etc. - but don't let it shut the door on future gaming possibilities.

We'll be here waiting for you when you feel ready! :)

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
I don't like taking up "too much space" with my business especially in a thread like this, so I just want to say thanks to all for understanding, I figured as a community folks here would understand either from experience or from just being nice, empathetic people. I'll try again some day.

Top Bottom